Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

war paint version ftw. :rock:rock

I will keep this short and sweet.

I am genuinely sorry if I caused any offense in this thread.

In my initial post regarding the nipple question, I was motivated by a genuine curiosity about Hot Toys handling of the matter. Because this is a body part that is somewhat taboo in my culture (USA) I presented the question with an element of humor. (My wife thought it was funny.)

I see now that in this community that was unwise and lacking in tact.

I also apologize for contributing to the of topic discussion about the movie Avatar, though I am not the one who brought that up.

I am not sure whether the "troll" comment was directed at me, but if it was it hurt. I have never been called a troll before and I hate those who enter threads just to rile things up. This was never my intent.

Again, I am sorry for any negative energy that I brought to this discussion and I will bow out of this thread for a while, as I value having this community to discuss a great hobby with and I don't want to put that in jeopardy.

Thank you.

Nipples are important :lecture

The troll comment was directed at Shai calling us all Nerds. And I would venture as far as to say that anyone who visits SideShow forums regularly would qualify as a Nerd. :lol

When I got the predalien I cheated getting new shelves by having it hunched over, but I cant do that with these, but it'll be worth it :( I'll have to plan a trip to IKEA now!

I will keep this short and sweet.

I am genuinely sorry if I caused any offense in this thread.

In my initial post regarding the nipple question, I was motivated by a genuine curiosity about Hot Toys handling of the matter. Because this is a body part that is somewhat taboo in my culture (USA) I presented the question with an element of humor. (My wife thought it was funny.)

I see now that in this community that was unwise and lacking in tact.

I also apologize for contributing to the of topic discussion about the movie Avatar, though I am not the one who brought that up.

I am not sure whether the "troll" comment was directed at me, but if it was it hurt. I have never been called a troll before and I hate those who enter threads just to rile things up. This was never my intent.

Again, I am sorry for any negative energy that I brought to this discussion and I will bow out of this thread for a while, as I value having this community to discuss a great hobby with and I don't want to put that in jeopardy.

Thank you.

No man were having a discussion about a merchandise product and how it could be done thats not trolling at all, Its trolling when sombodies comes in here and calls people nerds for no reason whatsoever.:monkey2

Now they could make a 2 in 1 version with the clothing, but I imagine Hot Toys wants to sell as many of these figures as they can. Remember whenever Hot Toys develops a new custom body for a character ( Iron Man, T-600 ) They have sell a lot of different versions to justify the investment. Its not like they can use these bodies again for a different franchise. So they might just do 3 separate versions. In fact im willing to bet we'll see other Na'vi characters to.

Well, it seems there are several ways HT could get back any investment in a new body type:
(1) charge more per figure
(2) sell more figures (Neytiri, Sully, Augustine, Spellman, etc.) (personally, I'd like to see them do Moat)
(3) re-release the same figures with different details (war Jake, etc.)
(4) up the price of other figures in the line
(5) sell them in 2-packs: Jake with his Avatar, Augustine with her avatar, etc. (though generally, you think of putting the cost down in a 2-pack, they could put it up)

I really think it would be neat if they would tackle these three things in addition to the Jake (Avatar) and Neytiri that seem pretty much certain: Moat, the Avatar link/bed w/Jake and wheelchair, and Sigourney Weaver human version. I don't really care about multiple releases of the same character: I tend to try to spread the funds around.

Edit: And I forgot, they will use these bodies again for the sequel, which Cameron has already stated is happening.

Last edited:
I hope HT really does go ahead and make a human Jake...I have more interest in that than the Avatar version. If they make that, I'll get both.

I really don't see the appeal of "a guy in a wheelchair" figure?
Really. :confused:

I want the female chopper pilot and the Colonel the most, the navi' don't appeal to me in the least haha

I really don't see the appeal of "a guy in a wheelchair" figure?
Really. :confused:

I think it would be cool. But what I really want is a Jake's Avatar in the liquid tube where he is being grown. It would be cool if they could do something like that where its the chamber and jake in a wheelchair looking at it.

I want the female chopper pilot and the Colonel the most, the navi' don't appeal to me in the least haha

I wouldn't mind a figure of Michelle Rodriguez's character either! She had a pretty awesome part! She should come with a headsculpt thit the warpaint on her face!! :rock :rock :rock

All I want Hot toys to do is show us a teaser. We are all getting excited about what they are doing and what na'vi we will be getting, but what proof have we got to say that they are making them? All we've got is a guy who says he's seen pictures. I'm not saying that he's lying, but we need some solid proof.

Okay I made a quick photoshop. Since everyone says Sheva looks like Zoe Saldana and she plays Neytiri, I decided to see how Sheva looks as Na'vi :D

Before

13Biohazard5_ShevaAlomar.jpg

After

Sheva-Avatar-Shop3.jpg

It still needs some touch ups but this could give a rough estimate of what we might expect the figure to look like. I don't know if they'll use the same sculptor (Hiroki) but remember this is a digital cartoon character and Hot Toys usually uses the main guys for more human characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back