Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score

125x250_license_b.gif

Re: Hot Toys Avatar is official

Of course they'll redo the hair, but anybody think they'll reuse Sam's headsculpt?

Not that excited either. I've seen the previews and looks like a big cartoon to me. James is a bad a$$ so I wont pass judgment yet but CGI bores me. Not that I could afford it but if Hot Toys does a 1/6 scale Mech then this line might get my attention.

Have to see the movie before I decide if I care about this.

....yeah its gotta be a pass even before I see anything. 1st Money 2nd Unproven film

Me too, gotta watch the movie first. :)

yaaaayyyyiiiiiiii still don't care.
what i've seen of the movie looks like another 2hr cliche. it's cameron after all.

that said, i'm hoping i'll be pleasantly surprised. you never know.

The Na'vi figures will have to be approximately 16 inches tall to be true 1/6 scale.

If they do a 1/6 scale AMP suit with a Col. Quaritich figure I am THERE baby! The reviews for this film have been stellar by the way. Going next Saturday in IMAX 3D!

Aye same here but am going on sunday. To be honest i've kept away from movie reviews and spoilers. Trying not to get too excited. That way if the film is really really good then am gonna be blown away from it seeing as I have no exceptations yet ! Soon as I got the email I don't know why but I was happy they got the license. This figure will prob be just as awesome as Abe Sapien was. People are gonna buy it just because it looks damn good. I've seen alot of people say they didnt wanna buy another joker fig but cause it looked so good they bought it. If Hot Toys does a steller job then people will buy it. Avatar FTW (for now) !!!

all u naysayers will be jumping on the band wagon after you see this. knowing his track record, how hard hes worked on this, and what early reviews are saying, this is going to be a huge hit. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/

and this hot toys licensing deal is a great announcement...

I still don't understand the point of this movie... from the commercials it looks like a bunch of humans go to blue-people-land and either turn into or take over the bodies of blue people, and then somehow they enjoy being blue. :confused:

Wonder who Ripley... I mean... Sigourney Weaver is gonna play? Saw her in the commercials with a light brown curly white-people mini afro...

This is a pass along with Prince of Persia. Of all the announcements, Clash of the Titans sounds the most interesting. Zeus's battle armour looks pretty cool and by and large there are some varied designs which should translate well into 1/6. Dont know why but this film doesn't grab me ... obviously that'll probably change once i see it in imax. Those Navi look a bit rubbish though design wise

cacavatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back