Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Well you're not wrong. And I think over the time I've been here I've seen it go from worse to worse. Buts its not all coming from the 'whiners'. People are too quick to label people whiners or their opposite the fanboy. I'm full of praise for some stuff and I have complaints about other stuff. Because people happen to see a bit more of the latter at a certain time they brand you and its bull$h!t quite frankly.

Im with you %100. Look, im leading the Captain-America-shield-is-too-small charge... But this figure looks great.

People who are wrongly labelled care about the labels. You get labelled and then you get belittled on the basis of that label. Pretty sure that contributes to the negativity as much as anything else.

damn that's expensive,didn't expect that.

Figures like Sweeney Todd and Jack Sparrow with those amazingly detailed Chair and steering wheel made of real wood i can understand being a little more expensive,but what does this offer that is so expensive?

The feet is bendable.

Im with you %100. Look, im leading the Captain-America-shield-is-too-small charge... But this figure looks great.

Yeah I think this one looks great too. I personally have no complaints but then I was never going to be buying it.

Wait, this is $315? Are they ____ing crazy? I predicted $250 and thought that was pushing it a bit...

He's a skinny, naked, blue Alien with feathers, a gun, and hundreds of unpleasant joints showing.. Still a nice figure, but $315? Really?

His facial expression is also rather "WTF"ish.

Ja, ja. I'm actually glad I've lost the Avatar bug now. Way too much other stuff calling out to me that's actually stood the test of time. As cool as the movie was, I can't work up any enthusiasm for it after two years. Not $315 enthusiasm, anyways.

I hope they use the ball/socket joints for the feet. The center of gravity on these figures is going to be tough to find. Better use the stand. Don't want another Alien Warrior type of situation again. I think Dave is right, Quaritch, Jake, and Neytiri would be enough.

Bruce Lee also had the seam. The torso is wearing a pvc skin, to allow the neck to be articulated. It really is unavoidable, unless you want a solid plastic torso without the neck joint.

body1test.jpg

I agree the braided hair and feathers are probably driving up the price, but I really love that feature. :yess: Plastic hair of this length would have completely ruined it and look cheap

The price was a bit of a shock at first but Im still ordering it. I might have to cancel Sucker Punch, but this will be a way more impressive piece. SP girls wont have same impact unless we get all 5 of them together. This guy looks great on his own, even if we don't get Neytiri ( Which we will :lol) They fixed spiderman's boots so I totally believe HT will fix his feet for final product.

I really like the figure but I just can't pay the price while also collecting Star Wars and Predators figures and PF's.

People are really complaining about visible joints on a nearly nude action figure? Wow. It's so true that collectors are spoiled. Personally the spare feet with the clones and joes stay in the box for me. I'd much prefer something that bends to make a pose without going back to the box.

Just because they have to be there doesn't mean we have to like them..

I have a feeling this thread will be dominated by hate and dislike for this figure up until he's released. I think the negativity comes from the fact people many didn't like the film. I tend to stay away from threads I have no interest in or figures that don't mean anything to me.

I loved the film, but the negativity is really due to the cost. I would buy it for $250. The $315 figure is a little strange, just enough to make you think of PF prices, so one starts comparing apples and oranges and the apples win. I rather have a 1/4 sized statue than an eighteen inch plastic figure. Iron man figures are better IMHO and worth $300. I also don't want to buy something and encourage an indirect message for hot toys to increase prices even more.

It won't be long before most Hot Toys figures cost a standard $300. Prices naturally keep going up and up.

Iron man figures are better IMHO and worth $300. I also don't want to buy something and encourage an indirect message for hot toys to increase prices even more.

Well, if you don't want to send HT indirect messages to increase prices, don't say things like, "Iron Man figures are worth $300"! :monkey1

Hey I got a great idea for a display option:

Take out the first 2 shelves of the Detolf. Next cover the entire inside with foliage or fake plants. Then put a vine through the hole in the top of the detolf, all the way to the bottom and have Jake sliding down the vine shooting his gun. Epic display :yess:

Hey I got a great idea for a display option:

Take out the first 2 shelves of the Detolf. Next cover the entire inside with foliage or fake plants. Then put a vine through the hole in the top of the detolf, all the way to the bottom and have Jake sliding down the vine shooting his gun. Epic display :yess:

LFS (local fish shops) will be selling a lot of ornaments when these are out :lol

Why not just buy a frog?
A lot cheaper and you can train them you know?

I can't believe people are using R&D as an excuse for the cost of this?
I am going to buy it, so I feel justified in complaining as a consumer about the price.

What R&D? They tried loads of stuff for 2 years, none of it made it to the final figure so we get charged for it anyway?
"yeah, we were gonna ......., but we didn't" and now we have to cover the cost of that. WTF?

Before anyone starts talking about the new body, what about 300 Leonidas (no I don't want rubber bodies either), what about Hellboy, Abe? All new bodies, breaking the mould.

And the glass eyes? Even the cheap Rango figures have them. So why not here? What exactly in this production model costs that much? The feathers and hair?
Never were eyes so integral to a release IMO.

I still think it looks cool, but its not really amazing.
And it 100% is not worth this price.

This is R&D:
And these releases should have made HT Avatar ground breaking for 1/6th:
300-23.jpg
HT-RANGO-N-PRISCILLA-6.jpg

hottoys-rango-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back