Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree, but still, some could say the same about TDKR. i.e. "Nolan had way too much control and made it with his usual aesthetics rather than an actual Batman film"

Actually, I believe after the critical acclaim and "pretty good" box office success of Batman Begins, studio execs trusted him enough to give him the budget he wanted + total creative control of the next one...and I think when you cut Nolan completely loose to do exactly what he wants and his heart is completely in it you get The Dark Knight.

While I liked TDKR, I didn't like it as much as TDK, and I think at least part of that reason was that Nolan's heart wasn't totally in it in the same way, especially after Ledger's death. Especially considering that he does not design his movies with a plan to "save" anything for a sequel, just tells his current story the best he can, and then, if and when he knows he is doing a sequel, works on that one. I just don't think he was ever as hyped up to do TDKR as he was with BB/TDK. He had a job to do, so he pumped out one more movie.

Actually, I believe after the critical acclaim and "pretty good" box office success of Batman Begins, studio execs trusted him enough to give him the budget he wanted + total creative control of the next one...and I think when you cut Nolan completely loose to do exactly what he wants and his heart is completely in it you get The Dark Knight.

While I liked TDKR, I didn't like it as much as TDK, and I think at least part of that reason was that Nolan's heart wasn't totally in it in the same way, especially after Ledger's death. Especially considering that he does not design his movies with a plan to "save" anything for a sequel, just tells his current story the best he can, and then, if and when he knows he is doing a sequel, works on that one. I just don't think he was ever as hyped up to do TDKR as he was with BB/TDK. He had a job to do, so he pumped out one more movie.

I dunno. I agree and I don't. He said for years before 2012 how he wanted to do a Howard Hughes biopic and historical epic along the likes of Doctor Zhivago. Whilst he didn't/couldn't do them, it does seem like he mashed those two concepts, among others, for TDKR, to do them. Basically, "if I'm going to do one last Batman movie, I'm going to make them with those other films I wanted to do in mind".

I think his heart was in TDKR somewhat. Even though I hate it, it was no doubt an ambitious project, just like Batman Returns. The Dark Knight seems more like a collaborative effort than it does one man's vision. As far as the studio is concerned, The Dark Knight seems pretty damn producer friendly with a new suit, new vehicle, Joker and Two-Face involved. I wouldn't call it a safe venture, but I doubt there was any situation where the studio was like "you must have this" like there was in Batman Begins. Those are usually the things the studio execs are interested in along with other superficial demands so I'm not sure they could find anything to meddle with in 2007.

When it comes to TDKR, I also wonder what effect MOS may have had on the film. It was when Goyer and Nolan hit a road block in the script for TDKR that Goyer turned his attention to Superman. I feel like both films could have taken away from each other as the people involved weren't 100% focused on one project over the other. Their minds were split between the two which could explain why both films felt like they needed a little more work to make them truly great.

Posted by Sean Dabbs on deviantart.
https://sean-dabbs-fx.deviantart.com/art/Catwoman-2-0-painted-441277022

catwoman_2_0_painted_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d7aq3j2.jpg

Hot Toys, get this going already.

^ wow that Michelle Pfeiffer likeness is going to be tough to beat. Those eyes and lips are very accurate. The only thing is, she somehow looks like a kind, friendly kitty, and with not as much anger/danger in her eyes as I usually associate with Catwoman. I wish she looked a little meaner.

Nolan should have told TDKR in reverse. Then instead of it ending with Bruce being a quitter we would have seen him, oh wait, still not being Batman. Nevermind.

Ah. Like the good old Jaws one.

If you watch the movie `Jaws' backwards, it's a movie about a shark that keeps throwing up people until they have to open a beach.

Or

If you watch Batman Begins backwards, it's about a lunatic who prances around in a bat suit till he's cured by being trapped in a well with hundreds of bats.

Ah. Like the good old Jaws one.

If you watch the movie `Jaws' backwards, it's a movie about a shark that keeps throwing up people until they have to open a beach.

Or

If you watch Batman Begins backwards, it's about a lunatic who prances around in a bat suit till he's cured by being trapped in a well with hundreds of bats.

That jaws one is superb.

So, Superman: The Movie is about Superman spinning the Earth so hard that a fault line throws up Margo Kidder, a dam rebuilds itself, and Superman Benjamin Buttons back to Krypton where General Zod is, subsequently, freed from The Phantom Zone?

It hurts knowing that when HT finally (if ever) release the specs and pics of Returns Keaton, we then have a bout a year of waiting until it is released.

It hurts knowing that when HT finally (if ever) release the specs and pics of Returns Keaton, we then have a bout a year of waiting until it is released.

Don't worry with all the moaning and groaning about what is right and wrong with the prototype figure then I'm sure that year will fly past. :lecture

The Burtonites aren't as fussy as the Nolanites I don't think. Or Hot Toys genuinely managed to nail in single attempt the Keaton Batman and Nicholson Jokers they've made so far and yet keep coming up short with Bale and Ledger time after time.

The Burtonites aren't as fussy as the Nolanites I don't think. Or Hot Toys genuinely managed to nail in single attempt the Keaton Batman and Nicholson Jokers they've made so far and yet keep coming up short with Bale and Ledger time after time.

Sssssshhhhhhh, you will give HT ideas a-dev. They may release a deliberate sabotaged Keaton prototype picture just to mess with us. :lol

I wasn't here back then so I missed the build up on Keaton and Nicholson's release but yeah HT did amazing with them and if the Returns stuff is as good then there should be no moaning.

Cue first poster to say that they got the suit wrong. (When pics finally come out).

Back