Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a sculpted hsir version of this cause I’m seeing a sculpted hair version of joker.

Anybody know how many SS had to offer for preorder and a good estimate of how many people were on the site Friday trying to preorder? I’m just curious…
Definitely think it was under 3000 for sure. I was able to secure a copy but I was in the que at under 1300 people. I think by the time I got to order, 70% of the stock was sold. My brother went on during the craze cause he was curious and the number was like over 15000 in the que lol.

They could have made the rooted headsculpt for sale separately ,like asmus Gandalf.

I’m surprised, did no scalpers get ahold of this? There’s at least 4 Jokers on eBay, one of which is a seller with zero history and the only other item he is selling is a toilet brush… lol what?
IMG_4862.jpeg

I’m surprised, did no scalpers get ahold of this? There’s at least 4 Jokers on eBay, one of which is a seller with zero history and the only other item he is selling is a toilet brush… lol what?
View attachment 657816
Common eBay scam. That awful website’s lack of policies surrounding preorders means that the seller only has to ship you a brick or piece of paper sometime within the 30 day mark. That’s when eBay will deposit the seller’s money to them, after all.
If a buyer doesn’t file a claim within that time frame, or through PayPal within 90 days, they’re absolutely screwed out of their money unless the seller actually honestly ends up shipping the item a year and a half later (spoiler: they don’t).
Even if there’s a message trail by the seller confirming the only item initially being sent is a brick or coupon, eBay doesn’t give a ****.
Even worse (lol), the seller could easily combine this scam with the “same ZIP, wrong address” tactic where it looks like it was delivered by eBay’s side. Which involves glancing at the seller’s provided tracking number—They do not even contact the delivery company to confirm it if you file a claim then.

And yes lol both of these situations are personal

Agree that it was likely around 1500. I was 565 in line (no issues regardless of pauses and advances to purchasing queue). Two collector friends went live at the same time I did and they were 1330 and 1553, respectively. My friend who was 1330 made his purchase, but my friend at 1553 was not able to because it waitlisted.
I was 2047 in line, and I got one at the last moment.

Not yet, no. Most believe that a sculpted hair version isn't far behind though.

My guesstimate: Next, haired Sith Anakin which if you thought the frenzy around this one was bad, Sith Anakin with hair is going to wipe out the western power grid. Then sculpted Anakin, then the one I -really- want, sculpted Sith Anakin. All this will take about three years. At least.

I have a feeling these rooted hair figures are going to be a lot of what they do from now on, so there will be fewer HT sculpted offerings as they concentrate on these. UNLESS these new rooted/wigged figures have really poor quality, which will derail the line. Not sure how I feel about that. If that happens, I will be collecting way less since I'm not going to get in a lottery for 1500 figures with 30,000 ppl, many of whom are scalpers to begin with.

Someone stop me from trying to acquire the Soosoo Gentlemoon figure, he is SO CUTE and seriously tempting me. I'm very wary of dealing with Hong Kong sellers.

Any new tailoring/body on this figure like with Joker or just the new sculpt and hair? Don't see anything mentioned but the promo shots look well proportioned not counting the usual hot toys image editing.

My guesstimate: Next, haired Sith Anakin which if you thought the frenzy around this one was bad, Sith Anakin with hair is going to wipe out the western power grid. Then sculpted Anakin, then the one I -really- want, sculpted Sith Anakin. All this will take about three years. At least.

I have a feeling these rooted hair figures are going to be a lot of what they do from now on, so there will be fewer HT sculpted offerings as they concentrate on these. UNLESS these new rooted/wigged figures have really poor quality, which will derail the line. Not sure how I feel about that. If that happens, I will be collecting way less since I'm not going to get in a lottery for 1500 figures with 30,000 ppl, many of whom are scalpers to begin with.

Someone stop me from trying to acquire the Soosoo Gentlemoon figure, he is SO CUTE and seriously tempting me. I'm very wary of dealing with Hong Kong sellers.
Kinda defeats the purpose of the wool hair in my opinion. I would display Sith Anakin hood up always. My dumb luck, as soon as I pulled the hood down, I would demolish my 3 hours of hair styling effort. POOF!

Any new tailoring/body on this figure like with Joker or just the new sculpt and hair? Don't see anything mentioned but the promo shots look well proportioned not counting the usual hot toys image editing.
why would Hot Toys go above and beyond if they don't have to compete with anyone else? :ROFLMAO:

Hot Toys doing some cool stuff but some of their laziness still shows.

View attachment 657816
The brush is so you can do a final dust-out of your bank account after they scam you for everything you have.

Last edited:
Love Theory, but a little annoyed that he had to broadcast it to his 3.3m subscribers.
Now we only have around 31k other people that are probably interested in getting him too. Our odds keep getting better. 😅

View attachment 652325View attachment 652326
I watched his Rex and Scout Trooper unboxing and I wanted to scream because he refused to read the directions lol

Does anyone know of any shop where this Anakin can still be preordered w/o going through a scalping experience?
If possible, a reliable Chinese shop.
Thx

Back