Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah man. I'm guessing you missed me quoting your post here (couple pages back), & thanking you. I've wanted the figure for a bit, but it has been out of my price range, then you posted, & I went hunting :lol

that's great. :clap
i couldn't believe it at first, knowing how flippers jack the price up. lolz

Quite excited to see Themistocles and Leonidas are coming from Star Ace. Really excited about this line.

Just picked him up ! Love it ! image.jpegimage.jpeg

I have mines posed with his helmet on. The only problem I've run into is with the crotch grabber. I had it in a museum pose for about a year and when I went to rearrange my display, I noticed he had two indentions in his inner thighs. I had to mod the grabber so that it didn't rest against his thighs. Im assuming this happen because of the rubber body. Its been 2 months and the indentions are now gone.

Hello all! I'm looking to buy this figure but I'm worried about how long the body will hold up. Can anyone tell me how their figures are holding up?

Hello all! I'm looking to buy this figure but I'm worried about how long the body will hold up. Can anyone tell me how their figures are holding up?

You should be safe seeing as how 99% of people who own it are so worried about the figure running to **** in the future that they've kept it in museum pose the whole time they've owned it :lol

It's why I sold mine, display-wise it's the most boring figure I've ever owned. No doubting it's beautiful to look at though.

Remember this beauty?

HT_300_KingLeonidas_PR04.jpg

Yeah, sure Hot Toys :lol

Thanks for the update. That's what I was trying to decide. I know I won't be able to pose much. I thought about getting the Star Ace version but Hot Toys is still a lot better.

Thanks for the update. That's what I was trying to decide. I know I won't be able to pose much. I thought about getting the Star Ace version but Hot Toys is still a lot better.

I should also say that I've never liked the source material - I bought the figure because of how well it was done: the body sculpt, accessories, additional head sculpt, it's just a great set. And even though extreme poses are inadvisable long-term, museum pose is my preferred go-to pose anyway. It really is an impressive figure :)

I should also say that I've never liked the source material - I bought the figure because of how well it was done: the body sculpt, accessories, additional head sculpt, it's just a great set. And even though extreme poses are inadvisable long-term, museum pose is my preferred go-to pose anyway. It really is an impressive figure :)

Yeah me too, not that much of a sword-and-sandals fan but the figure was for a long time on my must get list. I was very lucky to get a MIB version a couple of years ago. Have him in pretty neutral pose. No longer have the crotch grabber on the stand, as I heard they can scuff the legs, This pic I took when I first got the fig.

DSCF3543_zpsnnevnldi.jpg

A figure way ahead of its time. :exactly:

Thanks for the advice! I love the movie but I don't want to invest the money if the body would crack soon.

Yeah, $240 leaves little reason to pay whatever the HT figure is going for these days - I'm guessing $500-600? The Star Ace prototype looks good - the good things about the costume is that, with exception of the elbows, the exposed joints are neatly disguised.

Watched 300 last night and had my figure out. No cracks or any deterioration on mine and I move his arms about. Not as high as the photo above though. Not sure if anybody is that brave.

I do like the colours on the StarAce figure though (review on the lastest Hottoycast). They seem closer to how we was on screen. I am also cool with the joints too. Some of the musculature on his body is very odd though.

Back