Hot Toys 1/6th - Eternals - Thena

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An Arishem figure would be awesome. Out of scale of course, but he woukd be the coolest out of the whole movie.

Thena gets a figure cuz it's Angie. Based on her scenes, her figure will be cool for a lot of poses but I doubt HT can make it pose like that without the suit creasing and cracking.

I just finished watching this movie.

I don't want Thena. No interest at all. Sersi is the only one I want.

Take that as you will.

Ikaris and only Ikaris. Everyone else was serviceable but by no means memorable enough to justify buying a figure for. Of course IMO.

I thought Sersi and Ikaris were the worst characters in the film lol… or maybe just the acting and their lack of chemistry.

I enjoyed the film, its pretty dense but had to accomplish a lot with so many new characters but they were all pretty well fleshed out. Certain spectacular visuals bode really well for any future movies with celestials too, and probably the best "speedster" sequences in a superhero film so far. Save for a few lines, exists totally outside of the proceeding MCU, including the teases at the end. It'd be interesting to see the designs on any figures, they aren't in their formal Eternals suits that much in the film
That's how I felt as well. Felt like a fresh start for a new phase...cause outside of one reference and one joke, it's completely MCU-detached, but lays the ground work for a number of NEW story lines/characters moving forward.

Yeah I enjoyed the movie too. Definitely slower paced than most Marvel movies, and it did drag at times, but the story was really good and it had some cool and unexpected twists (at least for someone like me who's not remotely familiar with the characters).

I'm not sure about getting any figures from it just yet though. Thena would seem to be the most obvious because of her weapons and cool action poses you can put her in, but she didn't really have a huge role in the movie. Sersi I really liked, but doesn't seem like she would make for a very interesting figure.

After seeing the film, HT trying to sell any merchandise from this thing:

tired-spongebob-meme.png

Audience scores are widely different than critics on this film. I went in expecting it to be dull and it wasn’t perfect but it had its moments. I’m a sucker for ancient cultures depicted in films like Stargate, X-men Apocalypse (even if it mostly sucked), etc. Anything dealing with immortal characters conflict and weariness is interesting like Old Guard, Planescape or Elves in Tolkien. The characters had more depth than expected as well. I would get some merchandise if it’s done well but wouldn’t lose sleep over missing out.

Last edited:
I thought it was fantastic. Free from the marvel formulaic “humor” and constant setting up the franchise. It seems like zhao was forced to do that towards the end since it felt very out of place tonally.

Imagine a story where a character might cry due to serious dilemmas and consequences instead of because they got hit in the balls by an alien or something.

I could’ve done with a few more of them dying. I don’t see much of a future for them in the mcu. They’re all very powerful and too nuanced to get dragged into the mcu’s usual shenanigans.

That said, I’d get most of them if made.

Saw it over the weekend. I enjoyed it. It wasn't great but not their worst movie. Ikaris and the main Deviant would be the only ones I could consider.

The problem with this film is it’s hard to do just one figure, as most of them have another important character that they partner with. Thena, the likeliest figure, had Gil for example. So just do all of them already HT :)

Man I would love some SG-1 figures! Really need a 3rd party to come through, but since they haven't already I doubt it ever will unfortunately.
EXO is making some old Trek figs so you never know. SG-1 and Atlantis essentially have team uniforms so a template is reuseable.

So I haven't seen this movie and at this point I think I'll just wait for the D+ release, but for those of you who have was this movie as terrible as the critics made it out to be?

So I haven't seen this movie and at this point I think I'll just wait for the D+ release, but for those of you who have was this movie as terrible as the critics made it out to be?
I didn't think so. It has nuanced characters and good action. It falls into some Marvel tropes at the end but otherwise I had a great time. I might go see it again.

Back