Hot Toys 1/6th - Eternals - Thena

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I haven't seen this movie and at this point I think I'll just wait for the D+ release, but for those of you who have was this movie as terrible as the critics made it out to be?
I didn't like it. I don't care what critics say either, so they didn't affect my opinion.

I didn't think so. It has nuanced characters and good action. It falls into some Marvel tropes at the end but otherwise I had a great time. I might go see it again.
Interesting. I feel like you're usually a pretty tough critic, so for you to like it that means something!
Yes.
I didn't like it. I don't care what critics say either, so they didn't affect my opinion.
Seems like a 50/50 split so far...

I guess we'll see how I feel this coming weekend. If I pass on it again then it's likely gonna be D+ then. Thanks for your thoughts guys.

So I haven't seen this movie and at this point I think I'll just wait for the D+ release, but for those of you who have was this movie as terrible as the critics made it out to be?
I didn't think so. It has nuanced characters and good action. It falls into some Marvel tropes at the end but otherwise I had a great time. I might go see it again.
I agree with Iron Koob. It's definitely worth seeing on the big screen. Critics seem to think it's too slow in some places, but IMO Zhao's emphasis on the story and character development pays off in a big way. Also, there are some spectacular visuals and some of the action (especially the speedster stuff with Makkari) is very good.

I agree with Iron Koob. It's definitely worth seeing on the big screen. Critics seem to think it's too slow in some places, but IMO Zhao's emphasis on the story and character development pays off in a big way. Also, there are some spectacular visuals and some of the action (especially the speedster stuff with Makkari) is very good.
Agree completely! Critics seem to be expecting an jam packed action/non stop comedy film like the previous 26 (or however many it is). But this is the first time I feel like a Marvel film was so raw in character development, let alone shot so beautifully. Chloe has done an amazing job at simplifying a complex bunch of comic characters and it’s a fresh addition to the MCU. Definitely will see again!

Agree completely! Critics seem to be expecting an jam packed action/non stop comedy film like the previous 26 (or however many it is). But this is the first time I feel like a Marvel film was so raw in character development, let alone shot so beautifully. Chloe has done an amazing job at simplifying a complex bunch of comic characters and it’s a fresh addition to the MCU. Definitely will see again!
Hmm, interesting feedback. I tend to be a contrarian when it comes to mainstream opinion. Everything the masses love I usually end up hating (I thought Game of Thrones was the worst), so it's entirely possible I may like this movie then...

Hmm, interesting feedback. I tend to be a contrarian when it comes to mainstream opinion. Everything the masses love I usually end up hating (I thought Game of Thrones was the worst), so it's entirely possible I may like this movie then...
But it seems there are more people that like the movie at least based on the current audience reviews. So you'll definitely hate it.

Man I would love some SG-1 figures! Really need a 3rd party to come through, but since they haven't already I doubt it ever will unfortunately.
Me too…I would love some 1/6 scale Stargate SG-1and Atlantis figures. Can’t see it ever happening though. :(

What I have noticed that is quite interesting is that there is the opposite of that too. A lot of negativity toward something can bring people to actually favor something in opposition to the negative majority . I've seen friends like certain things, or at least come to the defense of something I wouldn't imagine them liking or supporting. Pretty obvious to me to see the boundaries which are favorable or unfavorable according to critics - funny to funny/serious works, totally serious with no funny is a big negative.

Agreed. And while I'm not in a huge rush to see it again, I can actually see the movie working even better on a second viewing, once you know what to expect and are more prepared for the unconventional, slower-paced storytelling.

But it seems there are more people that like the movie at least based on the current audience reviews. So you'll definitely hate it.
Also very likely. This movie seems like a wildcard for me. It's not something I would usually see (trailers were boring AF), but since it's part of the MCU that's my only interest.
What I have noticed that is quite interesting is that there is the opposite of that too. A lot of negativity toward something can bring people to actually favor something in opposition to the negative majority . I've seen friends like certain things, or at least come to the defense of something I wouldn't imagine them liking or supporting. Pretty obvious to me to see the boundaries which are favorable or unfavorable according to critics - funny to funny/serious works, totally serious with no funny is a big negative.
Yeah, but here's the thing I'm not a contrarian for the sake of being one. I just usually find that mainstream stuff actually sucks. "A Quiet Place" was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I only watched it due to the high critical praise and was utterly baffled when I was watching that POS in real-time...ugh!

Yelp, having seen this movie I will say I'm good on any and all figures! :lol

Wasn't the worst movie I've seen, but still wasn't anything to write home about. I connected with none of the characters. And the one character who was remotely interesting kills himself in the end.

This movie could have had potential in the hands of competent writers, but Hollywood is somehow full of so much mediocre "talent" it's not surprising to see them s*** this one out. It was exposition heavy throughout to the point where I was like gee, if we still need things explained an hour into this film then you "writers" should have gone back to the drawing board with fleshing the story/setup out in the beginning.

None of the twists, turns, or "reveals" had any impact since they were revealed right then and there. There was no clever or coy setup that would pick up on during a repeat viewing, just yep, this guy knew all along and is responsible for killing their leader.

Stakes had no stakes. Oh, this person gets literally stabbed in the back. This could be bad, but, oh, no...just walk it off like that injury wasn't fatal or anything...just a minor inconvenience. Oh, "family" member literally stabbed me in the back, that's fine, don't apologize for it. I'll still hook you up with what you wanted.

Oh, and the best part is one of the Eternals sits out on the final battle entirely! :rotfl

Phase 4 is not off to a strong start when it's "best" product so far is Shang-Chi and even that film had a ton of problems too. Feige too focused on quantity over quality I'm afraid.

I think this film has the potential to yield only ONE figure since they only teased Angelina Jolie's Thena, but like I said in another thread I wouldn't be surprised if this was the MCU's first "Shazam" figure either!

"Hate" is such a strong word...but you're not wrong in the sense that this film falls more in the negative territory for me.
Bollywood is more important.
Except when it's not...he shutdown production of his movie right then and there even though so many people were relying on it for employment! What a dick!

Back