Hot Toys 1/6 Wrecker The Bad Batch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad we are getting the whole squad but I actually hope to see proper realistic versions at some point down the line since HT seem to gi for realistic/stylised blend on theirs

I’ve been collecting Hot Toys for about 12 years and as other long term collectors can attest, we’re pretty lucky to be getting the whole squad.

In all likelihood, it’s highly unlikely they’d spend the time and resources to redo the 5 figures entirely from scratch again.

One could say there’s always room for improvement but what we’re getting is pretty fantastic by me; well realized realistic leaning interpretations of purely animated characters without live action precedent.

I’ve been collecting Hot Toys for about 12 years and as other long term collectors can attest, we’re pretty lucky to be getting the whole squad.

In all likelihood, it’s highly unlikely they’d spend the time and resources to redo the 5 figures entirely from scratch again.

One could say there’s always room for improvement but what we’re getting is pretty fantastic by me; well realized realistic leaning interpretations of purely animated characters without live action precedent.
Been in the game 15... 16?... years myself. Yrah, doubt HT would remake but there are plenty other brands out there.... a third party company might tackle it. Heck, might be some good 3d printable ones soon if not already

Been in the game 15... 16?... years myself. Yrah, doubt HT would remake but there are plenty other brands out there.... a third party company might tackle it. Heck, might be some good 3d printable ones soon if not already

There’s not many third party companies making Star Wars figures and I doubt they’d make a better figure as a product.

You seem very particular about details and I appreciate that as I can be the same about a lot of things. Others I choose to just live with. But not really sure what more you want tackled from these as you say. Just curious.

Fixing glaring errors like their Phase 1 Clone helmet or wanting the live action versions of the blasters I definitely get. But nothing really feels off here.

I’ve been a prop replica collector for far longer than I’ve collected Hot Toys so I do understand what it’s like to chase perfection. But I leave that to the lineage replica collecting side of me. I’d make myself miserable if I picked apart every detail on a Hot Toys figure. :lol

Last edited:
I’m definitely very hopeful for Fives - as you said they really don’t have to make much. Most of the pieces are available from other troopers they’ve made already.

It probably helps that people have been asking for Fives for a while on their social pages too.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they make Kix before they get to Echo. They made Vaughn who had considerably less screen time than Kix did and Kix appeared in season 7 which seems to be their Clone Wars wheelhouse so far. Also a very easy release for them at this point.

But yes - we need Fives as the next Clone Trooper. He’s long overdue.
Hot Toys really needs to release the 212th grunt and 212th airborne before they do ANY other 501st. And that includes Fives imo. Id rather have Waxer and Boil over Fives and Echo.

There’s not many third party companies making Star Wars figures and I doubt they’d make a better figure as a product.

You seem very particular about details and I appreciate that as I can be the same about a lot of things. Others I choose to just live with. But not really sure what more you want tackled from these as you say. Just curious.

Fixing glaring errors like their Phase 1 Clone helmet or wanting the live action versions of the blasters I definitely get. But nothing really feels off here.

I’ve been a prop replica collector for far longer than I’ve collected Hot Toys so I do understand what it’s like to chase perfection. But I leave that to the lineage replica collecting side of me. I’d make myself miserable if I picked apart every detail on a Hot Toys figure. :lol
for the bad batch they are using stylised Commando armour. I would prefer the more realistic style armour. If HT wont do it I may do it myself (Hunter for example is pretty much Republic Commando armour, Phase 3 Triton Squad trooper helmet and paint). If Bad Batch gains popularity a 3rd party company may tackle it as nowadays armoured figures are not the challenge they once were and 3D printing makes prototyping so much easier. I foresee a future bright, with more competitors entering the market and more collectors printing their own figures :)

Agreed. This is going to be what we get, and all 5 of them look fantastic, a few things here and there could of been changed, but it isn't going to get better than this.

Just happy we got all 5 and they look this good. If a third party does end up doing SW figures consistently, which I doubt, TBB will probably be low on the list of being done.

I've got no problems Echo and Fives, but I'm still holding out for Wolffe.

As someone who recently broke the antenna off the shoulder of my SS Wolffe :( , I agree lol. With how well these guys are selling, I think most named clones are on the table to be done sooner or later.

Hot Toys really needs to release the 212th grunt and 212th airborne before they do ANY other 501st. And that includes Fives imo. Id rather have Waxer and Boil over Fives and Echo.
I want 212th too - I’d love a regular trooper and Waxer and Boil to go with Cody. Even Gearshift would be cool. I’m in for every named Clone Trooper they make.

But they need to get to Fives first. With the exception of Rex, he is *the* clone trooper from the show. Involved in a ton of big storylines, cool ARC look and immensely popular with fans.

I’m all for 212th but Fives has to come next, logically.

Theres a lot of orange boys that are missing. We deserve those looong before any new blue ones.

No, we need to continue fleshing out named clones from the 501st. How can you have Jesse without Fives?

This does not solve the problem that concurrently, we need ppl from the 212th. Its not either/or. We need both.

Can't Have Luke and Leia and not have Han.
Can't have R2 and not have 3PO.
Can't have padawan Anakin and not have Obiwan.
Can't have a Quigon and Darth Maul and not have Padawan Obiwan.

I may be sensing a pattern here. :monkey1

Back