Hot Toys 1/6 Darth Vader figure | Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year for the ROTJ 40th. I'm almost certain. It will be like an ESB re-issue but with an Anakin head sculpt.

Yeah surely a ROTJ Vader is happening someday. I wouldn't mind if they downscaled the 1/4.

I think it would be awesome if they did the ROTS operating table dio where he is being suited up. Sort of like a Iron Man suit up gantry.

A deluxe ROTS Vader with the table and droid arms would be sick!!! Maybe a two-pack with Palpatine too.

Higher price, sand foot base.

But, but, he doesn't like sand :lol

I decided to wait until the ROTS anniversary. It's a given they'll reissue Anakin and Obi-Wan too (decided to pass on the CW versions as well and wait for their proper ROTS looks be rereleased), maybe throw us a Chancellor Palpatine, so I'd rather clear my schedule until then. 2022 & 2023 are pretty packed for me. Granted, it's not like by 2025 we won't be in X-Men/FF mode, but whatever, I'll deal with it later. I wouldn't be interested in an operating table or whatever dio though, I just want a good Vader with a Hayden sculpt.

Finally got around to watching episode 3 last night, I’m digging this Vader. If HT wants to release a version based on the series I’m interested.(y)

I liked obi wan ep. 3. I don't know about this Vader though. He still seems small. They needed the guy who played Vader in rogue 1

So the funny thing about this figure is that the one they had on display at Celebration was (I believe) simply their Rogue One figure with the robes underneath the armor. In reality, the Kenobi Vader is not at all the same Rogue One costume and has several notably different features. Obviously they just put that out as a tease of products to come, and not an actual showcase of their Kenobi Vader in progress.

Kenobi Vader:
  • Has a helmet dome closer to ESB than to R1/ANH, meaning smooth brow not pointy (although the mask retains the smaller ANH/R1 chin vent).
  • Smooth inner robes without pleats, closer to ANH than to R1 but worn under the armor like ESB.
  • Chest armor with a unique shape, a little shorter and flatter in the front similar to changes made to RotS Vader, likely again to fit Hayden better.
  • Chest box without straps, like how the RotS version was attached (although the box itself is still ANH/R1 style).
  • Entirely new cod piece, fairly unique in the realm of vader dick armor but probably closest to Hot Toys' ESB cod.
  • ANH-style lightsaber.

So if they had started with the R1 figure as a base, replaced the robes with the ones from their ANH figure (under the armor), gave him their ESB cod, probably the ESB helmet too, and then the ANH lightsaber, all parts they already have, their "preview" would have been a lot closer to the actual Kenobi costume.

Here's an album of reference shots from the last episode:

They’ll definitely release him with throne.

I never felt the need to own a Darth Vader before. I never liked the character that much, I felt it was rather one dimensional in the OT.

And I never bought the fact that Darth Vader and Anakin are the same character. They always felt like two different characters, forced to be the same one.

That all changed with episode 3 of Kenobi.

For the first time ever I was able to renconcile Anakin and Vader.

So I’ll be interested in owning a barebones Kenobi Darth Vader. Couldn’t care less if he’s not tall enough, if he doesn’t perfectly mimic the walk. As long as it’s Anakin in there, I’m game.

I never felt the need to own a Darth Vader before. I never liked the character that much, I felt it was rather one dimensional in the OT.

And I never bought the fact that Darth Vader and Anakin are the same character. They always felt like two different characters, forced to be the same one.

That all changed with episode 3 of Kenobi.

For the first time ever I was able to renconcile Anakin and Vader.

So I’ll be interested in owning a barebones Kenobi Darth Vader. Couldn’t care less if he’s not tall enough, if he doesn’t perfectly mimic the walk. As long as it’s Anakin in there, I’m game.
They are two different characters. Even Vader considers Anakin to be a completely different person.

The irritating thing about HT and their Vader releases is when you want something to set a version apart from other versions, they don't usually bother.

The reference is there on screen, but they don't bother. It's still possible we get a Bactanakin but I doubt it.

They are two different characters. Even Vader considers Anakin to be a completely different person.
ROTJ kinda ***** on that idea. Vader does say 'that name no longer has any meaning', but changing your outlook and attitude doesn't make you a whole new person. Anakin came back pretty quick once the lightning came out. He seems to have a thing with quick personality changes when lightning is involved.

I liked obi wan ep. 3. I don't know about this Vader though. He still seems small. They needed the guy who played Vader in rogue 1
Man, totally agree on that. I'm having issues seeing past the forced perspectives in order to give him size and mass. I'm just not feeling it. We actually pulled up the Mustafar and Tantive IV scenes from Rogue to compare. It starts making the series feel more like Star Trek than Star Wars.

Man, totally agree on that. I'm having issues seeing past the forced perspectives in order to give him size and mass. I'm just not feeling it. We actually pulled up the Mustafar and Tantive IV scenes from Rogue to compare. It starts making the series feel more like Star Trek than Star Wars.
It’s the total opposite for me. If the character is well written and coherent with the movies, who cares if it’s 5 centimeters shorter.

It’s the total opposite for me. If the character is well written and coherent with the movies, who cares if it’s 5 centimeters shorter.
It isn't just height, David Prowse was massive, though on the decline by the time he got to ESB, he was still a guy that would stand out in a crowd.

The irritating thing about HT and their Vader releases is when you want something to set a version apart from other versions, they don't usually bother.

The reference is there on screen, but they don't bother. It's still possible we get a Bactanakin but I doubt it.
I mean really though aside from the variations in the suit what would you do differently? I mean there are accessories you could add for some versions. The Frankenstein inspired table from ROTS, the reveal sculpt and chopped mechanical hand from ROTJ. Maybe the Mustafar throne like I suggested. If there’s some damage to his suit/helmet in this series maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back