Hot Toys 1/6 Darth Vader figure | Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see this come with a removable helmet with an Anakin portrait (possibly a battle damaged helmet as well) since that reveal is probably coming. However, it would be something if HT were to produce a deluxe version that includes a bacta tank with a scorched, armless and legless Anakin. The body doesn’t even have to be removable as long as there’s a table or stand for his robotic arms, legs and chest piece. I’m sure there’s a convincing way to pull off the fluidic environment appearance without an wetwork. It would probably run $500-$600 or so, but would definitely make for a cool display.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see this come with a removable helmet with an Anakin portrait (possibly a battle damaged helmet as well) since that reveal is probably coming. However, it would be something if HT were to produce a deluxe version that includes a bacta tank with a scorched, armless and legless Anakin. The body doesn’t even have to be removable as long as there’s a table or stand for his robotic arms, legs and chest piece. I’m sure there’s a convincing way to pull off the fluidic environment appearance without an wetwork. It would probably run $500-$600 or so, but would definitely make for a cool display.
Yeah, for me the ‘suit up gantry’ or the possibility of a battle damaged Vader would be the more appealing options to me since they’d be the most unique offerings on another Vader. Even Iron Man mixed up the colors enough the suits looked different. From 5 feet away most Vader figures look the same at first glance.

Get ready for two Vaders from this series. They can throw out the Rogue One remake at any point in the next month and then we’ll get the BD around October/November. If his mask does indeed break to reveal a sliver of his face, it will certainly be an incredible piece.

Kenobi Vader with the ESB in accurate helmet with the tusks pointing down 🤦‍♂️ Ugh what awaits us.

HT Vader that you can disassemble down to a mechanized Hayden, then remove his mechanical parts to reveal his Bacta Tank body.... or pose him in "I hate you" mode.

I'm not really at all interested in a basic Kenobi Vader, but a battle damaged variant could certainly tempt me. Although what would really grab me is a suitless Vader, with the robot arms and legs from the suit-up scene. And with a base inspired by the scene that has tubes going up behind the figure, suspending the helmet from above.

The bottom base itself would appear like a (likely shrunken) version of this:
83UtIXN.jpg

And extending up from that base would be a bunch of tubing:
iSXPmfr.jpg

Which in reality exists to hold up the top side:
krJfIuQ.jpg

Which itself dangles the helmet:
yj6hAUm.jpg

I mean we already know Hot Toys aint putting that kind of effort in for anyone not named Iron Man, but it's fun to dream.

LWV2dEEl.jpg

Last edited:
Idk how to use the spoiler tag but if you haven’t watched the episode yet, that’s your problem.

A DX Vader with the Mustafar throne would be sick af, though could the figure actually be articulated to sit down on it correctly? Doubt

I think the initial release will have the throne. They are likely do it because:

1 It would be easy for HT to produce
2 It would allow them to have a standard/Deluxe so they can charge more
3 This would best differentiate it from past Vaders
4 They can reuse RO Vader with some mods (replace that horrible crotch plate) Perhaps swap out legs/pants at the waist, to make it easier to sit down.
5 When would they get this opportunity again to do the throne? They can't resist.

Then the 2nd release will be the Gantry/Battle damage set. And maybe bacta tank could be a 3rd release as Power Pose diorama.

I think the initial release will have the throne. They are likely do it because:

1 It would be easy for HT to produce
2 It would allow them to have a standard/Deluxe so they can charge more
3 This would best differentiate it from past Vaders
4 They can reuse RO Vader with some mods (replace that horrible crotch plate) Perhaps swap out legs/pants at the waist, to make it easier to sit down.
5 When would they get this opportunity again to do the throne? They can't resist.

Then the 2nd release will be the Gantry/Battle damage set. And maybe bacta tank could be a 3rd release as Power Pose diorama.
Damn you have high hopes for Hot Toys. I wish I could see them doing all of this but the sad reality is they most likely won’t do anything we’ve been wanting, the best we’ll get is just a Hayden sculpt imo

Next year for the ROTJ 40th. I'm almost certain. It will be like an ESB re-issue but with an Anakin head sculpt.
That would be the one I'd want, hoping that HT has learned from any mistakes along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back