Hot Toys 1/6 Darth Vader figure | Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vader deserved the Chris O'Donnell Robin cod piece treatment!

*failing memory, Googles*

Christ, Schumacher will truly live in infamy will he not....? Imagine any of those costumes actually getting green-lit.

But no. We always have options between two extremes. We dont just have Mechanically Impossible and whatever heated fever-dream was going on in Schumacher's head at the time. [Imagine telling on yourself like that!] We could have something humane, that makes sense. Nah.......

Maybe thats what SW needs, costumes by Schumacher. Schumacher Grand Inquisitor.

Here, I will highlight the difference for you below, continuing to compare the R1 figure with the Kenobi proto.
The eyes should remain identical, it's the "brow" above them on the dome (which you refer to as the "rim") that changes.
And as mentioned, previous Vader costumes had either the smooth brow or the Y indent, it's unique to Kenobi to have both simultaneously.
(Y indent was previously only seen on pointy-brow domes, and some suspect for this show they literally shaved down the R1 dome.)

Spoiler Spoiler:
Thank you for the explanation and the highlighted effects. It was interesting to learn about those details!

Although, and it could be the photo, I'm not necessarily seeing the Y indent in Obi Wan Kenobi's Vader helmet....
293089581_376865667922640_1804678084939447383_n.jpg

Edited: The "Y" isn't as prominent but I am noticing it more from the lighting in these photos...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Edited: I also found this photo that has a lot of lighting...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Thank you for the explanation and the highlighted effects. It was interesting to learn about those details!

Although, and it could be the photo, I'm not necessarily seeing the Y indent in Obi Wan Kenobi's Vader helmet....
293089581_376865667922640_1804678084939447383_n.jpg

Edited: The "Y" isn't as prominent but I am noticing it more from the lighting in these photos...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Edited: I also found this photo that has a lot of lighting...
Spoiler Spoiler:

As you mentioned, obviously the lighting will have a lot to do with how visible the Y indent is scene to scene. But you can definitely see examples of it being visible in many moments, as in most of the photos you posted in your edits. How strong it appears just depends on how well it happens to catch the light.

I can still see evidence of it in your first photo too, those small highlights tell the tale:
MkeWIcu.gif

In your final photo it's not visible but the lighting is also so even that there's not really any chance for the angles to reflect differently. When it's evenly lit from the front it will naturally be difficult to see.

T
As you mentioned, obviously the lighting will have a lot to do with how visible the Y indent is scene to scene. But you can definitely see examples of it being visible in many moments, as in most of the photos you posted in your edits. How strong it appears just depends on how well it happens to catch the light.

I can still see evidence of it in your first photo too, those small highlights tell the tale:
MkeWIcu.gif

In your final photo it's not visible but the lighting is also so even that there's not really any chance for the angles to reflect differently. When it's evenly lit from the front it will naturally be difficult to see.
The "Y" sculpt for the Hot Toys stand-in is a little too noticeable though where I think the wings of the "Y" needs to be straightened out and be more flush with the center piece flowing down the helmet.

I bet y'all get calipers out and measure the length of the spacing of the mouth grills on your figures :lol

*failing memory, Googles*

Christ, Schumacher will truly live in infamy will he not....? Imagine any of those costumes actually getting green-lit.

But no. We always have options between two extremes. We dont just have Mechanically Impossible and whatever heated fever-dream was going on in Schumacher's head at the time. [Imagine telling on yourself like that!] We could have something humane, that makes sense. Nah.......

Maybe thats what SW needs, costumes by Schumacher. Schumacher Grand Inquisitor.
Schumacher Vader costume: adds nipples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back