Hot Toys 1/6 Clone Commander Appo + BARC Speeder The Clone Wars figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wowww they're actually naming him Commander Appo?

My wallet is crying right now

9D75CEDF-D14B-4148-9745-B9FFA49F5120.jpeg

Interesting choice.

No TCW arrow. Full Legends appearance for 501st officers and the live action Kama buckle. Easy to make a Commander Bow with the macrobinocs from Rex.

Bly pauldron and boxes. Not the best indicator but hopefully Bly is soon.

Last edited:
Interesting choice.

No TCW arrow. Full Legends appearance for 501st officers and the live action Kama buckle. Easy to make a Commander Bow with the macrobinocs from Rex.

Bly pauldron and boxes. Not the best indicator but hopefully Bly is soon.
Very interesting, as this is under the TCW line too. I do like the realistic pauldron too and kama buckle, something I was hoping they'd do with Rex, as he should have them, but they also made a few other errors on him anyway.

He looks great without the BARC, really surprising they aren't offering him on his own.

He's missing the arrow on his helmet if this is appo, strange they give him the accurate kama and pauldron but not rex who was also supposed to be a realistic version

so close to bly just make him omg

Legends late war Appo did not have the forehead arrow.

They also did not give Rex, 501st, and CG the lines on the side of the chest armor despite being realistic. They’ve been taking kind of a strange halfsie approach.

Very interesting, as this is under the TCW line too. I do like the realistic pauldron too and kama buckle, something I was hoping they'd do with Rex, as he should have them, but they also made a few other errors on him anyway.

He looks great without the BARC, really surprising they aren't offering him on his own.

It’s kind of surreal getting what’s essentially a Hot Toys Legends Clone figure.

I don’t know what to make of these BARC releases yet. I’m still processing.

It’s exciting. Very exciting. But a lot of slightly strange choices.

Good day for fans of the 501st, though.

Where in the h. is the arrow on his forehead, sloppy HT very sloppy.

He looks great but as part of a $500 set, I will most likely pass :(

Myen: It’s kind of surreal getting what’s essentially a Hot Toys Legends Clone figure.

If we are going to start getting Legends clones, I know who I want. Yes indeedy.

Legends late war Appo did not have the forehead arrow.

They also did not give Rex, 501st, and CG the lines on the side of the chest armor despite being realistic. They’ve been taking kind of a strange halfsie approach.

It’s kind of surreal getting what’s essentially a Hot Toys Legends Clone figure.

I don’t know what to make of these BARC releases yet. I’m still processing.

It’s exciting. Very exciting. But a lot of slightly strange choices.

Good day for fans of the 501st, though.
Ah, I didn't know that thanks for the information. I would still prefer the arrow to more distinguish him as a character.

Ah, I didn't know that thanks for the information. I would still prefer the arrow to more distinguish him as a character.

471D7E24-A657-4924-B1F3-030FB6B886D5.jpeg

No problem. I agree; I like the TCW Appo arrow and its ATLA reference.

Appo has a slightly strange nebulous history with his various Legends and toy depictions.

It’s just really unexpected to see a 1/6 scale version of this particular version.

View attachment 579241

No problem. I agree; I like the TCW Appo arrow and its ATLA reference.

Appo has a slightly strange nebulous history with his various Legends and toy depictions.

It’s just really unexpected to see a 1/6 scale version of this particular version.
Howard probably did a google search and thought that guy looks cool, lets make him. No idea which era or show he comes from, but he's blue and white. He'll fit in !

Sick of 501st, give us something else. It’s probably one if my least favourite colour schemes for the clones.

Question is… Will they paint the back square blue like the movies and hasbro figure and will it have the two small stripes on lower left chest, like they’re doing on the new AOTC clones?

A bit annoyed. Why are they making two speeder releases, when you could’ve made this a standalone piece and produced commander Neyo with his BARC speeder instead..? Wonder if we’ll ever see that combo made, don’t think these two 501st sets will sell any well.

So many 501st variants. Didn't they tease an Utapau trooper a while back?

And how about a Gree?

A bit annoyed. Why are they making two speeder releases, when you could’ve made this a standalone piece and produced commander Neyo with his BARC speeder instead..? Wonder if we’ll ever see that combo made, don’t think these two 501st sets will sell any well.
You also can’t buy the figures on their own it seems, you need to buy the speeder combo.

You also can’t buy the figures on their own it seems, you need to buy the speeder combo.
It’s a bummer. I’d buy a standalone Appo, not sure of this combo though. A lack of display space prohibits one from getting multiple BARC speeders.

A kashyyyk Clone with speeder or Neyo with speeder are combos I’m leaning more towards to. But those aren’t high margin products though.

What’s our guesses on the price tag for each combo, $600 for Appo and $650 for gunner?

It’s a bummer. I’d buy a standalone Appo, not sure of this combo though. A lack of display space prohibits one from getting multiple BARC speeders.

A kashyyyk Clone with speeder or Neyo with speeder are combos I’m leaning more towards to. But those aren’t high margin products though.

What’s our guesses on the price tag for each combo, $600 for Appo and $650 for gunner?
3F01EFFD-ACAD-480B-9AC8-AB19A4E6C536.jpeg

No arrow=no appo. I see they’re trying to spread out the more desirable clones. Don’t want to release all the main clones at once.:lecture

I know people keep bringing up the arrow, and canonically he does have one when he’s a Sergeant as seen on Umbara.

A0D83330-3AF2-4F6B-90A6-82D1D6E9E2FC.jpeg

But this is intended to be Appo as a Commander. It gets a bit strange because he’s also been attributed to the vanilla 501st Trooper at the temple that confronts Bail Organa.

Most commonly he’s had the same gear as the semi generic late war Phase 2 Clone Commanders used somewhat interchangeably with other named Clone Officers.

01B5F086-BBB6-419D-8F54-07CF24F5069F.jpeg

38857D87-6C90-4A58-81E1-6778457B8661.jpeg

C6245C21-70A1-4468-8FF2-303F66E4246B.jpeg

So the figure is mostly accurate to Appo in his Legends appearance as a Commander, not as a Sergeant in The Clone Wars with the arrow. Although technically I think the figure is closest to Commander Bow without the macrobinoculars. They should’ve just done Bow to avoid confusion.

I don’t mind this figure because it makes me feel nostalgic for the toys and comics, but I do still find it a very strange choice for a figure when there are a ton of Clones to be made.

It’s almost like they’re treating the figures that come with the BARC Speeders as side accessories.

Last edited:

Hot Toys wants us to pay loads of money for this, switch the pauldrons and the kama with Rex's to have a live action accurate Rex.
But regarding Rex, since he heavily modified his armor, you can think that that's the way Rex modified his armor (Ignore the fact that Appo and Rex have same style pauldron and kama in TCW).

Back