Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@gmoney5000 the HT Sculpt is very good but the Nut Pizs one looks more like Michael B Jordan to me. Also I think the Paint App on the Nut Pizs Sculpt is better that the Hot Toys one too. The one I have was made in 2018 by the Artist before Maxnut rebooted a much cheaper version with a more flat paint job and much wider shaped face. My one you can literally see the pores on his face.

But I love both of them though.

The HT headsculpt is easily the more superior headsculpt...but to each his own!

That?s what I think too. After looking at the side by side, I find the HT one much more superior.
But then again I don?t own one but prob not going to either.

Considering offloading my Black Panther for this guy and taking a chance on whatever comes in BP2 suit wise.

I?d say it?s a good idea. Killmonger is such a beast. More unique compared to BP too.
Doubt we?ll see another of this character unless they do the tactical suit. BP will for sure get another

Yeah I'd say go for it if you feel inclined! Killmonger's a beast indeed and his suit is more striking than BP's, IMO. Sadly, Killmonger died in the film and I'm not certain we'll see more of him, so maybe this'll be his only figure.

Thanks, I'm also gonnna make a third Killmonger figure with a loose HT unmasked head I bought separately.

I'm torn on whether to display my HT Killmonger figure masked or unmasked.......... I might just switch between the two heads every now and again

I'm torn on whether to display my HT Killmonger figure masked or unmasked.......... I might just switch between the two heads every now and again

I?d love to use the sculpt but it looks too giraffe neck. Maybe I?ll mod it one day and dremel off some of the inner sculpt so it sits a tad lower on the body.

I?d love to use the sculpt but it looks too giraffe neck. Maybe I?ll mod it one day and dremel off some of the inner sculpt so it sits a tad lower on the body.

Is it me or I find the head a tad smaller than the masked head. I mean even if it sits lower, it still looks weird imo. That?s the only downside of the sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it me or I find the head a tad smaller than the masked head. I mean even if it sits lower, it still looks weird imo. That?s the only downside of the sculpt.

Hmmm you know....now that I look at it it just might be a bit undersized

Looking at a few pics of Killmonger I think Nut Pizs absolutely nailed the Likeness with this head sculpt.

I would suggest displaying him with the mask on for a couple of reasons:

1) You have a really nice unmasked sculpt of Killmonger already on your ?tactical? version.

2) That mask is absolutely amazing looking!

What ever you decide, congrats on putting together a really nice display!

Looking at a few pics of Killmonger I think Nut Pizs absolutely nailed the Likeness with this head sculpt.

Perhaps it looks better in hand, but the Nut Piz sculpt looks somewhat cross-eyed in photos, and IMO the horizontal crease below his mouth is a tad too wide, making its chin look more pronounced than MBJ's. But that one with the neutral expression is better than the angry sculpt.

Now that I have done another Killmonger Kitbash with the Hot Toys Michael B Jordan Sculpt.
I have grown to really respect and love the HT MBJ Sculpt It's Amazing.
You could even use it to make a Creed Custom too. This is how I'm going to leave my Black Panther collection for now.

Thought of making a Creed figure from that HS.

Great Black Panther setup! Those Killmongers are fantastic! Ahhhh, good idea to use that MBJ sculpt for a Creed figure! I quite like MBJ's performances and he seems to have also a great, vigorous personality.

Totally agree MBJ is one of my favorite Actors currently in Hollywood he defo adds flare to his roles

Back