1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a cool suit but HT definitely dropped the ball on the color scheme. I remember them saying the darker colors were to fit in with the tone of the film.
20210206_154401.jpg

I'll pick it up. It's not everything I hoped it would be but it's not bad either. There's no point in passing on it. Don't have a Cap figure, need one, this is what's available at the price I'm willing to pay.

The price of freedom is high, it always has been. :)

By the way, I was going through a bunch of my pictures and found this one which was taken when CW Cap was released. It had been one of my favorites with the only error being that the A patches on his shoulders were not ripped off (one of the first things I did to mine for accuracy). This is not my picture but I liked it so much that I had saved it for years. I believe it maybe time for a new version akin to this one with a couple more Caps and titles underneath each.
View attachment 505536

Perhaps IW Cap should have the ?Vigilante? moniker with CW Cap ?Disillusioned? EG Cap holding Mj?lnir with ?Worthy? and old man Cap sitting on the bench ?Found Peace?? Perhaps I will set something like that up when my EG Cap finally arrives.

Thanks for posting this! :clap I've been searching for this image for a while but could never find it again.

Guess I'll be the one guy to say he actually prefers the new material. It captures the more form-fitted look of the movie costumes better and is much more in scale, where the cloth ones always ended up looking really thick and flat on the body with all the overlapping layers involved.

Of course I don't tend to go for super extreme action poses with my figures, so that might help too. :)

Let's not fool ourselves here. The only reason why HT is using this new material (I dunno what it is and I never will because I'll never buy it) is because it's probably cheaper to produce than using actual cloth material which they need to sew and tailor.

I am destined to only own 1 Cap sadly...I will NEVER buy that cheap plasticky vinyl material!

The suits are still sewn together in multiple layers just like the previous ones, and I see the same amount of stitching. It's not like just one printed piece of vinyl.

And for what it's worth it doesn't come across cheap in hand.

Let's not fool ourselves here. The only reason why HT is using this new material (I dunno what it is and I never will because I'll never buy it) is because it's probably cheaper to produce than using actual cloth material which they need to sew and tailor.

I am destined to only own 1 Cap sadly...I will NEVER buy that cheap plasticky vinyl material!

So you are buying 2 of these? :)

I’m buying 2; 1 came from HK stock and the 2nd will come from BBTS. However, I am currently only planning on buying 1 new 2012 A1 Cap because, if I do say so myself, I actually did a decent job modding my original A1 Cap and when I setup their fight scene, I’d like to have the difference shown as more than 1 makes and 1 unmasked. It’s for sure that Steve ages slower but still isn’t 2012 Cap 12-13 years younger?

I am buying two of these and will get a BD version if they make one. Should that happen I may offload one, but not necessarily. I can keep a clean version to recreate the last scene of him wearing his full outfit.

I thought the waist was a little wide when I saw the pics and the figure lacked a better v shape. But he doesn't look too far off from the movie....or maybe Chris just wanted pizza that day haha
20210206_224148.jpg

So what did that guy do? Is it achievable for us normies?

edit - kinda looks like he just stuffed the traps region with something.

I'm sure a BD version will come out eventually but this already comes with the busted shield, other than the bloody lip, arm, light up mjolnir, and dirty outfit, what else would come with it, the lightning effect he hits thanos with?

Light up arm for hammer

Dirty hammer

Super dirty A

More scuffed helmet

Open mouth for deep breathing during On Your Left scene

Bent arm to touch right ear for On Your Left scene

Injured cut inner right leg thigh

An actual ass lol

Yeah, he was dirty AF that even the white parts looked grey in the movie. There were a few bloody cuts on his body and the rest that jye4ever listed.

A BD EG Cap would look very different In my opinion.

The suits are still sewn together in multiple layers just like the previous ones, and I see the same amount of stitching. It's not like just one printed piece of vinyl.

And for what it's worth it doesn't come across cheap in hand.

Hmm, but I'm pretty sure I've heard people express concern leaving this material in a dynamic pose for fear the material will eventually stick to each other and thus causing damage...which is not a concern when you use regular clothe fabric.

2!? C'mon! I'm buying 20 of these! :lol

2!? C'mon! I'm buying 20 of these! :lol

I cant type you how many times I've been critical of a figure then bought it. The iron man mk50 is one I was pretty certain I hated, then bought it.

This cap isnt perfect but its a big improvement over the previous mcu caps. Not the concept though.

Now we just need wandavision civil war scarlet witch v2!

Back