1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That gnarly gash on his arm from thanos' sword would be cool on a BD version.
View attachment 505576

Yeah that too :rock

He does get thrown clean thru a big boulder afterall

D5930903-BFE0-47FF-9B39-4E6C2FBDEF04.jpg
A42F3D13-BBD6-42CB-B23F-9373B7D96754.jpg
5D38A257-AC6C-4940-BFEC-E502501759B0.jpg

Hmm, but I'm pretty sure I've heard people express concern leaving this material in a dynamic pose for fear the material will eventually stick to each other and thus causing damage...which is not a concern when you use regular clothe fabric.

Justin indicated in his review that the suit has "stretchy fabric" (gotta love his technical jargon lol) at the armpits and elbows akin to the Night Monkey release, so there shouldn't be an issue with posing the arms. The pants are 100% that heavier material, so I'm not sure about leaving him in running poses or others with significant knee bends. It's the same material as the pants on IW Cap, but mine has been in a museum pose since day one.

I don't have IW Cap, but I have Daredevil, which looks like the same material. Like cap, the suit isn't skintight so if creasing happens, who cares? There should be creasing in an outfit like that--it's not like a Spider-Man figure where it obviously shouldn't be there.

I don't have Daredevil in super extreme poses but I've had his legs and arms bent at about 70 degrees without issue. His material seems less problematic to me than, say, JL Batman.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Great comparison shot

I knew that middle red stripe was thinner on the EG version (left figure)

Wow look at how the star points up diagonally more on the EG which helps alot with making him look tougher

The star points straight ahead on the D23

Look at the knee pad height differences

D23 has long legs and arms

DC1C91D0-7DF8-405C-BA9F-B7832AA76765.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder how far those D23 figures are going to tumble? People were paying 500+ for those. Im so short on space I wouldnt even want one for free :)...well maybe free but not a penny more!

Hmm, but I'm pretty sure I've heard people express concern leaving this material in a dynamic pose for fear the material will eventually stick to each other and thus causing damage...which is not a concern when you use regular clothe fabric.

I know that's a concern people have had with those skin-tight Spidey or Superman suits, but I can't see that being an issue with the Cap ones, as it feels like a slightly thicker and stiffer material to me.

Of course I had my HC Spidey in a pretty dynamic pose for a few months and had no issue with the material sticking to itself, so I think that concern is probably overblown anyway.

I wonder how far those D23 figures are going to tumble? People were paying 500+ for those. Im so short on space I wouldnt even want one for free :)...well maybe free but not a penny more!

I don?t understand the appeal of that figure, or what made people buy that one. I have all the Cap figures, except Star Spangled Man, but I had no desire to get that one. It wasn?t accurate and needed improvements, and we knew a better version would be released later. The D23 was just a promotion and made for the quick sell. It used existing components.

I wonder if this is the week he'll start to ship in the US. I'm drooling over all the videos. I've got a spot all ready for him

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I wonder if this is the week he'll start to ship in the US. I'm drooling over all the videos. I've got a spot all ready for him

It usually takes 1-2 months for Sideshow to receive their figures, so he won't be shipping till at least March.

Great comparison shot

I knew that middle red stripe was thinner on the EG version (left figure)

Wow look at how the star points up diagonally more on the EG which helps alot with making him look tougher

The star points straight ahead on the D23

Look at the knee pad height differences

D23 has long legs and arms

View attachment 505602

Those pants are weirdly pulled down on the new figure in that shot, none of these Caps have an ass to speak of but there is way too much white showing on the abs

View attachment 505341

I don?t understand the appeal of that figure, or what made people buy that one. I have all the Cap figures, except Star Spangled Man, but I had no desire to get that one. It wasn?t accurate and needed improvements, and we knew a better version would be released later. The D23 was just a promotion and made for the quick sell. It used existing components.
Probably just to get it on the shelf sooner--same reason customizers were cannibalizing Civil War and Infinity War figures to make Endgame customs, and the same reasons some collectors will pay extra to get their figure sooner from the initial Hong Kong release.

I wouldn't do any of those things, myself, nor would I have bought the D23 release, but I understand the impulse. If I hadn't already bought a Mjolnir for my Civil War Cap well before Endgame (I always hoped it would happen), I probably would have done so when the movie came out, haha.

I'd imagine SS will get these around mid-March.

Those pants are weirdly pulled down on the new figure in that shot, none of these Caps have an ass to speak of but there is way too much white showing on the abs
From the video reviews it appeared the pants inadvertently drop when attempting an ab crunch or swinging the legs forward and no one seems to hike them back up afterward.

Things needed in BD Cap...

An actual ass lol

:lol

I think America's Ass only comes with the A1 tighty outfit.... HT wants you to buy both.

You'll have to do that conversion yourself... and I want to hear what your wife says when you tell her you are giving your figure a better ass.

Last edited:
As much as I hate the A1 suit. That is America's ass! :rotflLol
20210208_143650.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-143503_UPlayer.jpg
    Screenshot_20210208-143503_UPlayer.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 235
Things needed in BD Cap...

:lol

I think America's Ass only comes with the A1 tighty outfit.... HT wants you to buy both.

You'll have to do that conversion yourself... and I want to hear what your wife says when you tell her you are giving your figure a better ass.

Can't speak for Jye, but at this point I know my wife is pretty numb to anything I say about my collection. I recently told her that a pool is a waste of money...after building a life-size Boba Fett prop replica. Mistakes were made. :)

Back