1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not hearing any comments about the unmasked head being too small. Is there a side by side of them together anywhere?

From what I can tell, the unmasked headsculpt is the regular size, same in comparison to the size of the old Steve Rogers version.

Again, all you really need to do is slap one of the old helmeted sculpts on this new body and it should look perfect.

Side by side comparison with EG Cap on the left and the D23 version on the right. The traps/neck/shoulder area has been improved and the star is actually smaller on the D23 version.
20210204_090514.jpg20210204_090528.jpg

It's the best Cap to date, let the sad people keep telling themselves it's not lolz.

I think shortening the face actually did improve the likeness but I feel they should have enlarged the overall head at the same time.
MZ2D13D.gif

Yeah the proportions and general likeness within the new masked helmet are better (when Justin has the two helmets side by side it makes the elongated face plate on the previous Cap look a bit silly)...but why not make the overall head the same size? Quite frustrating.

I still think the figure has a lot going for it and is a very nice looking Cap...but it falls short of being great (imo) and consequently feels like a bit of a missed opportunity.

Yeah the proportions and general likeness within the new masked helmet are better (when Justin has the two helmets side by side it makes the elongated face plate on the previous Cap look a bit silly)...but why not make the overall head the same size? Quite frustrating.

I still think the figure has a lot going for it and is very nice looking Cap...but it falls short of being great (imo) and consequently feels like a bit of a missed opportunity.

That's where I'm at now. They've improved it but are still just coming up frustratingly short

Here's those pics above with a 5% increase in head size. I'll put it in spoiler tags to spare those who are not interested.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Guess Tony Stark was right when he said "Why the long face ?" to Cap in Endgame...

Weirdly enough, I have sold all my Marvel stuff and only collecting LotR, Thrones, and a couple customs here and there. This will be my first HT purchase in years... I rewatched Endgame and I have to have this Cap and the battle damaged Iron Man now.

While the figure isn?t perfect, there are a dozen or more important improvements over the last release, which comes as a pleasant surprise given that the expectation was Hot Toys might simply ship the D23 figure with that new Val Kilmer headsculpt they used in the promo images. All of those small improvements paired with the surprisingly good final headsculpt easily makes it the best Captain America figure Hot Toys has ever done, which is fitting given that it is likely his final appearance in the Marvel cinematic universe.

Of course it?d be better if the figure were flawless, and one can argue they?ve had a decade now to get it right, but given how bizarre the Mark 85 turned out what with how many dozens of Iron Man figures they?ve done in a decade and I?m just grateful the only Captain America in my collection will also be the best Captain America they?ve made.

From Justin?s video:
6FE853EB-98CE-4843-AC5F-D5E844A698F0.jpeg7BDAF894-F8EE-4C82-8D29-E688D5DD1358.jpeg

Last edited:
What's the best place to pick this guy up? Besides Sideshow since I don't feel like paying exorbitant shipping and tax.

I think this is hot toy's best attempt at Captain America, only wish it had the traps of the concept art captain america, think it's still the GOAT in proportions.
and it just blows the D23 captain america

unknown.png

People are also missing that for a while, the interchangeable helmeted sculpt has looked weird because the faceplates elongate his face too much. It's obvious in the nose. The new version looks to be adjusted there which is good. I don't have to stick on the older non-changeable heads anymore.

People are also missing that for a while, the interchangeable helmeted sculpt has looked weird because the faceplates elongate his face too much. It's obvious in the nose. The new version looks to be adjusted there which is good. I don't have to stick on the older non-changeable heads anymore.
Even the First Avenger figure from before they introduced interchangeable faces had too long a face/nose. Finally getting it right is a huge unexpected surprise here.

Holy Shnikes! This thread feels like what goes on in the head of an insecure supermodel in front of a mirror. You look beautiful enough. Just enjoy yourself.

Back