1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First giant ironman and now midget captain america.

What's next Hot Toys?

Head looks small to me here... quite small.

View attachment 505259

That head is small :lol The shoulder being wider contributes to it but the head is definitely smaller than previous iterations, wider shoulders or not. You can tell just by looking at the jaw area.

144373793_10221289344075949_1888098639116328169_o.jpg

Lmaooooo! This is amazing! HT f'd up the helmeted headsculpt?! Why not just re-use the CW one??? They love reusing past s***! It was perfectly fine! So glad I'm passing on this atrocity. :lol :rotfl

Yet despite all this, people are still gonna defend HT and claim "But the pinhead Cap looks fine!" :dunno

Once again: CW Cap > EG Cap

Thank goodness my expectations were super low for this release. HT be doin' y'all dirty with this tiny head Cap!

rofling.gif

I don't particularly like any of these Cap figures. I mean the Concept one looks to be the best but it's worthless when you need something from an actual movie.

2012 2.0 is still an option, I really hope it turns out better and certainly no worse than the prototype. I accept they're not gonna nail the likeness but I'd at least like to see a natural build and proportions on a primary movie suit version. Why is that so hard to achieve with this character from this company? WTF :lol

I don't particularly like any of these Cap figures. I mean the Concept one looks to be the best but it's worthless when you need something from an actual movie.

2012 2.0 is still an option, I really hope it turns out better and certainly no worse than the prototype. I accept they're not gonna nail the likeness but I'd at least like to see a natural build and proportions on a primary movie suit version. Why is that so hard to achieve with this character from this company? WTF :lol

It’s astonishing. considering Cap is HT 2nd most milked marvel character, you’d think that they had nailed the character by now.

Every release has small incremental “improvements”, never anything major to push the medium forward. The biggest, most noticeable improvement is featured in a non canon version of Cap, and even then it wasn’t quite there.

And now, with this EG Cap...I’m baffled at the choices they made.

As for those that are still defending this release...you guys can’t really see the flaws? Or are you willfully ignoring them because you spent X amount on it?

Not stirring *****, I’m genuinely curious as to why some would die on this hill to defend an obviously flawed figure. This figure has its positives, but the negatives IMO FAR OUT WEIGH them.

Not taking a jab at those that purchased this figure. If you like it, more power to you...

But this has to be one of the biggest embarrassments for HT. How many years has it been and how many attempts at making a single character?

It’s astonishing. considering Cap is HT 2nd most milked marvel character, you’d think that they had nailed the character by now.

Every release has small incremental “improvements”, never anything major to push the medium forward. The biggest, most noticeable improvement is featured in a non canon version of Cap, and even then it wasn’t quite there.

And now, with this EG Cap...I’m baffled at the choices they made.

As for those that are still defending this release...you guys can’t really see the flaws? Or are you willfully ignoring them because you spent X amount on it?

Not stirring *****, I’m genuinely curious as to why some would die on this hill to defend an obviously flawed figure. This figure has its positives, but the negatives IMO FAR OUT WEIGH them.

Not taking a jab at those that purchased this figure. If you like it, more power to you...

But this has to be one of the biggest embarrassments for HT. How many years has it been and how many attempts at making a single character?

Someone who GETS IT and calls it like it is. Glad to see I'm not the only one! :lol

tenor.gif

Atrocity? Hardly. Perfect? Absolutely not.

To be fair, the one positive is the unmasked headsculpt. I did initially bash it, thought it looked more like Val Kilmer than Evans...but upon seeing more social media videos/photos, it's actually quite good...but everything else about this figure is craptastic! :horse

I can't believe everyone's ready to crucify this figure but most people were happy to swallow HT's c*ck for the mark 85. This figure has been improved over the prototype, some issues here and there but nothing like the mark 85. That crap figure has got to be the laziest and most inaccurate iron man figure ever released.

I can't believe everyone's ready to crucify this figure but most people were happy to swallow HT's c*ck for the mark 85. This figure has been improved over the prototype, some issues here and there but nothing like the mark 85. That crap figure has got to be the laziest and most inaccurate iron man figure ever released.
This! I agree why is there so much hate for the figure when no one but a few in asia have him in hand. Lol the sculpt is fine with me if anything it looks better then the older masked sculpts. The scaling isn't the issue it's the fact that people forget the oldest fact "never judge a new figure by photos" wait to get it in hand and then judge it for yourself. And no I'm not defending the figure because it's my favorite character (he is one of them)or I spent a certain amount. Literally it looks great some softness in certain areas of the unmasked sculpt but that can also just be the light in photos, but the nitpicking/hate before even having him in hand is a joke. You guys can have an opinion there isn't anything wrong with that..but at least have a valid one before voicing it. Just my thoughts on all this.

I respectfully disagree.

The final product of EG Cap is more or less the same one that was released as the D23 Exclusive...minus the fixed shoulder straps. The cheap plastic tape-over chest piece is still there, the star is still tiny, although even Cap's helmeted head is tiny now too :)lol), and the Peggy pocket watch is still tiny...basically a lot of downsizing happened on this figure...quality included...heck even Cap's butt is tiny too! :rotfl

To be fair, the one positive is the unmasked headsculpt. I did initially bash it, thought it looked more like Val Kilmer than Evans...but upon seeing more social media videos/photos, it's actually quite good...but everything else about this figure is craptastic! :horse

I still think the Evans HS is subpar.

I’m throwing this question to every collector that has collected EVERY CAP figure to date;

HOW MANY HT CHRIS EVANS HS DO YOU OWN? And do you honestly believe it looks exactly like him??

I can’t imagine many saying yes, because of all the Evans HS, 90% percent of the time are REISSUED. THE REMAINING 10% are like...IW Evans and now this.

I mean, I get that people enjoy cap, I did too. I own FA, WS, and CW cap.

But I have never ever liked the Evans HS that came with WS and CW.

And whoever says “it’s fine” is lying to themself and whoever says EG Evans HS is “an improvement”...remember how many caps are available and for this HS to be a mere “improvement”...like, no offense, that’s a joke.

I can’t comment on that fig, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were people that would fight tooth and nail with you to say “you’re wrong.”

Mind boggling if you asked me.

This! I agree why is there so much hate for the figure when no one but a few in asia have him in hand. Lol the sculpt is fine with me if anything it looks better then the older masked sculpts. The scaling isn't the issue it's the fact that people forget the oldest fact "never judge a new figure by photos" wait to get it in hand and then judge it for yourself. And no I'm not defending the figure because it's my favorite character (he is one of them)or I spent a certain amount. Literally it looks great some softness in certain areas of the unmasked sculpt but that can also just be the light in photos, but the nitpicking/hate before even having him in hand is a joke. You guys can have an opinion there isn't anything wrong with that..but at least have a valid one before voicing it. Just my thoughts on all this.

You do realize the majority of people buy these toys BASED SOLEY ON THE PHOTOS, right??? Because that is pretty much the only basis to make a decision off of.

This isn't like any other product, like say a TV or car, where you can head on down to your local store to check out in-person so you can decide before you buy. For the vast majority of collectors the photos are the only means to make that call. Outside of Asia, there are no Toy Sapiens or Secret Bases or whatever.

I don’t agree with this man. When you have photos professionally taken with the BEST lighting along with older figures to compare and if the figure still looks off, I mean, that’s gotta be some black magic at work for the fig to suddenly look “good” in hand.

When pics are taken of the fig right out of the box, with crappy lighting and goofy pose, yeah, I can see your point.

But this figure? Once again, considering it’s HT 2nd most milked figure...having people be THIS divisive over this release says A LOT about its “quality”.

You do realize the majority of people buy these toys BASED SOLEY ON THE PHOTOS, right??? Because that is pretty much the only basis to make a decision off of.

It's not like you can head on down to your local store to check these out in-person to decide before you buy. For the vast majority of collectors the photos make or break their decision.
Yes I know that, but what I'm saying is for a final product early photos never do things justice. Even if they are professional images because some can take amazing shots with hd camera and others can take a crappy cellphone pic. But even so at least get him in hand to get an actual idea on how it looks. I know everyone crapped on the Endgame Iron man Tony sculpt and understandably because how it turned out but I thought it was fine not the best but again getting an in hand it could probably look better. It all depends on the person, if it's bad just sell it or return it. I actually saw a video today on YT about Iron man and saw the sculpt and thought it was pretty damn good and close to likeness. That probably had to do with the HD quality of the reviewer and his lighting set up.

Back