1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Justin's video really shows how huge an improvement this is over previous Cap releases.

It honestly restore a bit of my faith in the company after several recent high profile fumbles. I wanted this figure to be great because Cap's suit in Endgame was far and away his best on screen look--but the prototype for this figure basically looked like a Civil War re-issue with a plastic chestplate slipped on top. It was super disappointing. Now, seeing that we got a completely new helmeted head that drastically improves on the CW version is amazing. Little tweaks like the fixed collar and the slightly improved traps also go a long way.

The figure still isn't perfect--the arms still don't really capture the look of the film and the articulation leaves much to be desired--but considering how it compares to previous releases and the prototype, it's hard not to be thrilled by it.

Super happy to be able to say I'll have the best Cap available on the shelf soon.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Just the neck length and collar alone makes the new one superior

Yikes look at that abomination on the right

6D4D2E44-6410-4F73-8878-B8AD9F48E09E.jpg

I'm referring to the review he posted ten hours ago.

Thanks, just saw it. WOW... the new one really is much improved from the D23.

I think this is hot toy's best attempt at Captain America, only wish it had the traps of the concept art captain america, think it's still the GOAT in proportions.
and it just blows the D23 captain america

unknown.png

D23 looks a bit like Ross from Friends cosplaying.

Not sure about the stripes. Certainly looks to be the best Cap since Concept... which I still think is THE best Cap, just not from anything.

I wonder if they will still do the Strike Suit 2.0? That could win everything. Best combo of Concept and Movie Cap.

I can't get over how much better that helmeted head is. I think maybe I'll drop the EG unmasked sculpt on my old CW figure because this makes that old CW helmeted head look like garbage.

I don't understand, either.

I mean, people have different personal preferences. Nothing wrong if one likes it, and nothing wrong if one dislikes it.

Factual critics are always welcome.

But really interessting that one can get that emotional expressing their feelings (@gmoney :wink1:).

Nah, trust me...I really don't get emotional over any of this. I'm just very critical and I guess very vocal...but I don't lose sleep over any of these toys. It's great if I think they turn out well, and if it doesn't oh well. I'll def make my voice/opinion known, but beyond that, it is what it is. :lecture

I mean that figure looked like trash then too

The figure STILL looks like trash now...wow they added a higher collar, big whoop! Still uses cheap material and the chest piece is still a lazy slap-on. I'm curious, why is this no longer a point of contention anymore??? Lolzzzzz

Not only that, but HT gives you peeps an undersized head and now you're all so critical of the older helmeted sculpt for being too big and out of proportion???

Lmaooooo you guys say whatever you have to justify this purchase. Minor incremental "improvements" aside, it's 90% the same figure as the D23 one you all are so ready to bash now! :rotfl

tenor.gif

This thing ended up turning out great.

I'm glad I kept my preorder despite all the drama surrounding it leading up to release.

Not only that, but HT gives you peeps an undersized head and now you're all so critical of the older helmeted sculpt for being too big and out of proportion???
People have been saying the CW headsculpt looks wrong for years. Dudes in the other threads have been repainting their Age of Ultron heads to put on their CW figures for exactly that reason. Just because you don't know about or ignored the criticism of the CW head doesn't mean people are "suddenly" singing a different tune. In fact, in this very thread, some of the early responses to the prototype for this figure was that HT should have resculpted the helmeted head instead of using the skinny CW one.

People wanted a new, better helmeted head, and HT provided one. How is that a bad thing and why WOULDN'T people be happy about that? The new head is visibly superior. Screenshot_20210204-164747_YouTube.jpg

Look at this!
1st pic head size looks perfect , 2nd looks small and 3rd looks Big .
Not the same impression with same pic of the same figure.
d25b2ec65e556225d484d6c87d2e610d.jpg

7ab211d83abd6b6b866f0a79b9916a29.jpg
a516e93453ddf775740ec09999cd1089.jpg

Figured I'd introduce some actual facts into Headgate. In the image below, the images are taken from the same frame of Justin's video where the figures are both on screen and roughly the same distance from the camera. As you can see, the heads are the exact same width, and the new head is slightly shorter--correcting for the long-faced look of the CW/D23 sculpt.

headgate.jpg

Articulation is absolutely garbage though

Are the red stomach stripes thinner on the new one hard to tell

They aren't thinner, but you see more of their height because the D23 chest plate hung over them more.

Back