Hot Toys 1/4 Scale Iron Man Mark IV with Suit Up Gantry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer there's no full head sculpt, but this is still an instant get, especially since I was too slow on the last 1/6 version. The gantry setup is tempting but too much of a space hog and will probably cost as much as a diecast 1/6.

No 1/4 scale watermelon??? :lol

20220101_135010.gif

I mean, they just need a new chest piece and change the colours. Not hard for them. More money to make.

Although, a die cast 1/4 Mark VI will be the pinnacle of Iron Man Hot Toys for me...

One little annoyance for me are the ugly flaps for the forearm rockets. I wish they would have made the whole forearm pieces detachable like the 1/6.

At least the face plate is correct, unlike the Mark 3.

This thing will be a head turner in the display, I'm considering it.

Hopefully the eventual 1/4 scale Mark VI comes with battle damage options/pieces. Otherwise the Mark VI would be a 90% reissue. Reusing the Mark III HS makes me worried HT won't even include them, at this point they're not even trying to hide their laziness. Also, for the price we're paying they couldn't include forearm rockets for both arms? :slap
20220102_113045.jpg

Last edited:
Not including a full un-masked sculpt for this one is just bizarre. Just shows how lazy Hot Toys has gotten with these figures. That laziness now even extends to these QS figures, which should be the ultimate representation and version the character/suit.

The only good thing to come out of this is that a 1/6 Mark 6 is probably not too far off since the design between the two are pretty similar.

Probably do a 1/4 version of that Avengers tower landing area with it as well.

sZOQ95g.png

IffruQi.png
ZtPFtXv.png

Woahhhh!!!!!! :panic::panic::thud::thud:

I have the die-cast Mark IV w/ suit-up gantry, but my goodness I wouldn't have though they'd make it in 1/4 scale!!!!

I joked in the QS Mark III thread I'd love to have a 1/4 gantry, but now it's legitimately happening!!!

Man, it'd be amazing to put the Mark III on it too recreate the iconic suit up scene from IM 1.

Hopefully the eventual 1/4 scale Mark VI comes with battle damage options/pieces. Otherwise the Mark VI would be a 90% reissue. Reusing the Mark III HS makes me worried HT won't even include them, at this point they're not even trying to hide their laziness. Also, for the price we're paying they couldn't include forearm rockets for both arms? :slap
View attachment 553650
This is funny and makes their release plans predictable. I don’t recall the Mark IV ever using those armaments. They literally have the Mark VI already. I bet you they were deep into development and then decided on milking the new mold and making this Mark IV. The gantry? A add-on to Mark III but better milk it for all its worth as well.

Not including a full un-masked sculpt for this one is just bizarre. Just shows how lazy Hot Toys has gotten with these figures. That laziness now even extends to these QS figures, which should be the ultimate representation and version the character/suit.

The only good thing to come out of this is that a 1/6 Mark 6 is probably not too far off since the design between the two are pretty similar.

Probably do a 1/4 version of that Avengers tower landing area with it as well.

sZOQ95g.png

IffruQi.png
ZtPFtXv.png

Agree, a full un-helmeted head sculpt was a must for this Mark IV, I think the only 1/4 IM that has one is the AoU Mark 43. I also agree the 1/4 line should be the best of the best, but nonetheless this looks like a showstopper and will have a lot of presence, especially given the scale.

lol, so much salt

The Mk4 never did anything for me but the Mk6 is on my QS dream list, so a step in that direction considering its 95% the same suit. Still waiting on that Mk2 though...

Yeah it's a bit bizarre they displayed a Mark II prototype and then announce this release out of nowhere lol

As aforementioned, it appears the set is upscaled from the 1/6 die-cast version. The gantry looks identical to the 1/6; I kinda wish they went all out on the intricacies of it, for instance the tiny arms on the end of the arm suit-up section should be articulated whereas on the 1/6 they were static. The same for the IV, it looks similar to the 1/6, but even then the 1/6 looks spot on in terms of proportions/silhouette so it'd make sense to upscale its overall look. Though, it looks like the under armor detail is also upscaled from the 1/6, I wish they'd go all out with those sorts of details and make them outstanding, but alas. Nevertheless I'm still looking forward to it!

Perhaps they didn't include a full sculpt to keep the 1/6th version still desirable to those who need the sculpt.

Back