1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear a lot of stories of batteries leaking or exploding over time. HT must use cheap ones.

How long does the "lifespan" last on these? I still have mine displayed with the batteries inside, and while I haven't really played with the lights (only turned it on twice throughout last year), I wouldn't wanna get stuck with a wrecked figure in the end. >_>

How long does the "lifespan" last on these? I still have mine displayed with the batteries inside, and while I haven't really played with the lights (only turned it on twice throughout last year), I wouldn't wanna get stuck with a wrecked figure in the end. >_>

There's no way to tell, the batteries are very cheap and can leak at any time due to defects as much as age. Take them out asap.

I love this figure!
His light switch is a little touchy and only works half the time (I am guessing it has something to do with the wiring inside)...
The little goodies that came with the figure are spectacular too (with the exception of the cheap newspaper)!!!

Here is my fav. shot of Mr. Stark

Attachments

• MECHANIC.jpg
    MECHANIC.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 333
Why do some people let the hype of a figure determine if they should keep or sell?...do you not buy these figures because you like them?...or you simply like the idea of having something many others want more?...I love my mechanic and I don't see myself letting him go simply because he didn't sell out..

Well... I think it depends on who you ask... (Call me crazy), but Iron Man 3 is by far my favorite Marvel movie... So I found the Mechanic pretty cheap on eBay and thought, "why not." He has grown to be one of my favorite figures and is one of the rare ones that moves from my desk to the detolfs... I love the figure as stated in my previous post.

I do have others that I buy on a whim though, or I kit bash and sell so I can purchase another figure. The ones that are important to me (have a personal value) WONT be sold! I also think some might sell their figures if the price is right... Take my Harvey Dent figure... I am considering getting rid of him... why you may ask? He goes for big bucks on eBay and I think he looks cheaply made... I enjoy the box more than the two-face figure... So do I sell him and kit bash one I am happy with or do I keep him simply because I have the rest of the Nolan trilogy figures?

This would be my first Hot Toys figure, I could grab him for $190ish on SSC right now with a first purchase coupon plus free shipping. You guys seemed to be getting much, much better deals the past few sales. Should I bite on this or wait it out a bit longer?

This would be my first Hot Toys figure, I could grab him for $190ish on SSC right now with a first purchase coupon plus free shipping. You guys seemed to be getting much, much better deals the past few sales. Should I bite on this or wait it out a bit longer?

sure! Its a cool figure and with those discounts its a no brainer

This figure was my son first hot toy.. I got into the hobby around August 2013 and my kids love my collection. I told him on his 10th bday I would get his first figure. He's 9, I got this at christmas time for 140 shipped and I thought "why not?" He almost fainted when he open this, lol. He don't even touch his marvel select figures anymore. Great figure.

This figure was my son first hot toy.. I got into the hobby around August 2013 and my kids love my collection. I told him on his 10th bday I would get his first figure. He's 9, I got this at christmas time for 140 shipped and I thought "why not?" He almost fainted when he open this, lol. He don't even touch his marvel select figures anymore. Great figure.

Nice :duff

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll take a little wait on him. You guys did ~$50 better, I'm comfortable that I can pull that inevitably.

I have some that have exploded in less than two years. I removed the batteries in all my figures, no need to risk it.

I have some that have exploded in less than two years. I removed the batteries in all my figures, no need to risk it.

yikes... I have only 1 figure that has the batteries in and thats also the only one I have on display, Silver Centurion. I will remove the batteries later I think

Nice photo!

An update on the battery lifespan - so I recently had a look and my Mechanic Tony's LED was still working even though it was displayed ever since I got it last year! I just decided to remove it anyway just in case, but I guess I'm just lucky since I barely ever played around with the LED light.

Back