Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That review reminded me about one of the little details that I LOVED about the new ED ... the plastic carrying handle on the shipper! Such a great addition. I wish more oversized shipper boxes had that. I wish Sideshow would do this consistently for their bigger pieces. Heavy duty handles would be much appreciated.

Oh, also, the figure that came in that box is pretty effing fantastic! :lol

Last edited:
I want to recreate the stance when he steps out of the dark of Jones' office "to erase that mistake". ;)
This is kind of a difficult pose to replicate. Maybe it's just me/ mine, but the "knee" joints don't hold the weight of the figure in their highest position. Also, there doesn't seem to be enough articulation in the "ankle" joints to be able to get the legs further apart as they were in that scene. Thirdly, the "shins" don't pivot the near 90 degrees its seems they do on the animation model. This is the best I could do:

IMAG0209.jpg

Funny side note, this is image 209 taken from my cell phone. Please someone do a better job at this pose than me and post pics

This is kind of a difficult pose to replicate. Maybe it's just me/ mine, but the "knee" joints don't hold the weight of the figure in their highest position. Also, there doesn't seem to be enough articulation in the "ankle" joints to be able to get the legs further apart as they were in that scene. Thirdly, the "shins" don't pivot the near 90 degrees its seems they do on the animation model. This is the best I could do:

View attachment 108063

Funny side note, this is image 209 taken from my cell phone. Please someone do a better job at this pose than me and post pics

Thanks for the try. :D
I REALLY appreciate that!

I can't wait to get mine in June and give it a try.

That Da Bomb show vid got me totally fixed...

My wife is just shaking her head. ^^

should be getting mine tomorrow...any tricks on assembling like using hair-dryer or anything? seems like some ppl find putting it together a little difficult. thanks.

should be getting mine tomorrow...any tricks on assembling like using hair-dryer or anything? seems like some ppl find putting it together a little difficult. thanks.

It's pretty easy

It's pretty easy

I can't figure out how the arms attach. There appears to be a simple ball joint and you push it in but mine aren't locking in. I don't want to force it. Any one else have this issue?

EDIT: Nevermind, more force + twisting motion worked...

I can't figure out how the arms attach. There appears to be a simple ball joint and you push it in but mine aren't locking in. I don't want to force it. Any one else have this issue?

Just line it up and push it in, does need abit of force, make sure youve got a firm hold of the body - mine actully just poped in with no hassle.

Goodluck

I love my ED, in so many ways... but now I suddenly realized a fundamental flaw in color, which I don't think can be fixed.
The sliding leg rails are WAY too dark. In every scene in the film, they look like bright aluminum or steel, contrasted against the darker caps at the end. This applies to both the life-size prop and the animation model. The HT figure has the exact opposite: Dark leg rails with lighter caps. It's surprising how dark the rails really are.
It can't be fully re-painted for obvious reasons, but maybe I can do some brighter metallic highlights.

Last edited:
Here are some pics showing the small plastic electrical plugs on the right gun pod;
I painted them off-white to match what's on film, and to my eye it makes a difference.
I dry-brushed some steel color 'wear' onto the black guns.
Also, I did the mod of leveling the targeting device as much as possible.
DSCF2159.JPG
DSCF2160.JPG
DSCF2157.JPG

Back