Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not wrong. In the movie they were factory fresh which is why I'm happy with the stock paint, however I do indeed take it as an artistic choice - like P. said it looks like it could be in Robocop VS Terminator - and as such it looks beautifully done.

I agree on that, the repaint is beautifully done.
Rarely have time to skim the boards for many previous posts. Sometimes it is easier to just ask "why" :)

Thanks for the comments :)

I agree on that, the repaint is beautifully done.
Rarely have time to skim the boards for many previous posts. Sometimes it is easier to just ask "why" :)

You're not wrong. In the movie they were factory fresh which is why I'm happy with the stock paint, however I do indeed take it as an artistic choice - like P. said it looks like it could be in Robocop VS Terminator - and as such it looks beautifully done.

Yup! its def my interpretation rather then sticking with the original source. Also I mentioned I picked it up in a not so good state, the rubber dome was starting to crack and on the joints, so i thought in this case it was more easier and fun to work with the problem then rather try and fix it :) which seems almost a big problem judging by the comments in this board

magnificient result.
would look just in place for some "Robocop VS The Terminator" future diorama.

Haha funny how P you mention 'terminator vs robocop' since as well as being inspired by gundam weathering, I was def inspired by the terminators in terminator salvation. Though it was a sucky film, I really liked how they did the treatment for the terminators that were on the battlefield, gave them so much more character!

Hank Cheng - Google Chrome.jpg

t-600.jpg

Looking back at the film, I'm normally not a fan of the 'straight off the production line look' but in this case I like the irony that ED-209 came straight off the production line but completely malfunctioned in his first demo :D, so in that context, think it fitted the film perfectly! :clap

Attachments

• 20799535_10155737909632369_2890660889365298313_n.jpg
    20799535_10155737909632369_2890660889365298313_n.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 286
Looking back at the film, I'm normally not a fan of the 'straight off the production line look' but in this case I like the irony that ED-209 came straight off the production line but completely malfunctioned in his first demo :D, so in that context, think it fitted the film perfectly! :clap
well, rushed tests = failed tests. he's not from production, he's a result of a stupid race.
we collectors are all familiar with the effects of that :(

Phew! - Finally had a chance to finish this repaint, been doing it on/off, hope you guys like the results! :)

PC100008.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

PC100014.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100025.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100028.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100036.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100054.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100022.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Crazy good. You could teach 3A a thing or too. Doesn't look like paint at all. It looks like it's been sitting in junkyard exposed to the weather.

Phew! - Finally had a chance to finish this repaint, been doing it on/off, hope you guys like the results! :)

PC100008.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

PC100014.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100025.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100028.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100036.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100054.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100022.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Absolutely superb work. Looks like a real 1:1 prop.

Would you dufuses stop quoting all the pics, just to add one line comment??? :)
We all know what you are commenting on, stop messing up my loading times!!!

my loading time is fine and instant, you must be using one of those lame touchscreen microdevices for people without furniture and place for living instead of a normal stationary computer :dunno

One step closer to SkyNet.
nah that was ****** skynyt from T3, T4 and Tynysys.
true skynet was a firm sci-fi AI within a bluebox, no lame wireless consciousness existing outside the brain, that's for religious people.
wait, that must've been the target audience of T3-4-5, they'll burn me alive.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread that has contributed info on ways to restore ED. I just got one the other day with minor cracking on the dome and leg coverings, but none on the neck and arm sections. Thanks to your tips, I applied the grease to the good sections, then mod podged the cracked elements. Though I still think I might look into a way of replacing the leg pieces, I feel like I saved the neck and arm parts.... and the mod podge has basically made the dome cracks disappear.

You guys rock!

Sallah

PC100008.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

PC100014.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100025.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100028.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100036.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100054.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

PC100022.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Just requoting it make sure "everyone" sees it.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread that has contributed info on ways to restore ED. I just got one the other day with minor cracking on the dome and leg coverings, but none on the neck and arm sections. Thanks to your tips, I applied the grease to the good sections, then mod podged the cracked elements. Though I still think I might look into a way of replacing the leg pieces, I feel like I saved the neck and arm parts.... and the mod podge has basically made the dome cracks disappear.

You guys rock!

Sallah

:hi5:

You guys rock!

Sallah

Awesome! Glad it worked out. The modge podge fills in the gaps nicely. Some one guy’s pics in this thread where the cracks were virtually invisible.

Awesome! Glad it worked out. The modge podge fills in the gaps nicely. Some one guy’s pics in this thread where the cracks were virtually invisible.

Hmm.. what color is modge podge? Can it be used to fill scratches on car dashboards?

I mod podged mine when I first got it in 2014. Never reapplied. Starting to show some cracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine still looks kinda 'wet' - that's from stock. I never applied anything to it. I don't see any cracks yet but I'm slightly suspicious that it may be peeling away from the borders in places. My old one from 2006/7 eventually suffered both issues - dome drying up, cracking AND pulling away from the edges.

Such a fantastic toy otherwise. The detail and articulation is incredible. If Robocop sold Iron Man numbers they'd probably have made a full battle-damage ED-209 with his head blown off. I'd have bought that too.

Back