Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I'm getting this little OCD voice saying "but bro , it's scratched, ya goofed" but then the logical side is telling me" hey , you can't even see it when it's covered up and in place"...
:lol

I think all collectors can relate. I know I'd be the same but luckily I have no desire to see any other look besides default/neutral w/Robo. If forced, I guess I would lean towards it not being too big a deal since it's covered (though if I were a 'switcher', I would get an extra set just to have mint, sadly).

I'm just going to try and let it go. I made sure I was careful with it and didn't even press down so I was shocked when I pulled the chin strap back.

Noticed pages back that it happened to others and they bought another faceplate on ebay. I'm not about to do that. I'm getting this little OCD voice saying "but bro , it's scratched, ya goofed" but then the logical side is telling me" hey , you can't even see it when it's covered up and in place". **** it I guess. It just pisses me off that it happened even after I prepared myself by looking at the thread, watching vids, etc. even doing it the right way left a damn mark.

Dude, I feel the same way after cutting the lapel and collar strings on PS a few hours ago. Even though it looks better, I just feel like I ****ed it all up somehow and should buy another jacket just to be safe. To have one 'mint'...sitting in a box.

Luckily I came to my senses rather quickly and thought .."yaknow, i'm the only one who knows what I did, nobody else is going to know that in real life, and damn look how much better it looks."

Damn OCD to hell.:devil

So, Parcelforce finally released my shipment. Got to pay a couple of pounds in VAT - and a £13.50 handling charge for the privilege of taking over a week to do what DHL, FedEx, etc do in an evening for free - before they'll deliver it. Oh, and they don't deliver on Saturdays unless you pay them an extra £12...

Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 09.29.51.jpg

Glad you're getting him soon though. He's worth all this hassle.

I'm probably going to explode on Monday morning. The more pictures and videos I see of this figure, the more it seems like the Robocop figure I've wanted since I saw the movie at far too young an age all those years ago. I think that was 1995, so I must have been 8 at the time...

What was you final price? if you don't mind me asking.

I didn't realise you were in the UK. I always order from UK dealers, but I'm interested to know what it cost all in.

I should have mine by the end of Jan.

I'm probably going to explode on Monday morning. The more pictures and videos I see of this figure, the more it seems like the Robocop figure I've wanted since I saw the movie at far too young an age all those years ago. I think that was 1995, so I must have been 8 at the time...

that's a crazy good price, is that inc. custom fees etc? or was that the base price

£130, £30 shipping, £20 in customs charges. So it's come out to £180 all in.

It's annoying, it's not one of the places I usually use in Japan so they didn't offer DHL or any of the other couriers. Shipping ended up being about £15 more expensive than usual, and it's been slapped with customs and handling fees (DHL usually bill me in advance for the VAT with no handling charges or don't charge me at all, then it zips through customs overnight as opposed to this mess). I'd recommend if you're going to go bargain-hunting in the Land of the Rising Sun, buy from places with good courier services.

tumblr_mp62m8LQ9W1r4gei2o4_400.gif

:lol

Sorry to hear about all of the delivery hassles.

IMG_3273.jpg

Aww yiss. It's happening.

IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3287.JPG

IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

Haven't seen anybody leave the face out to recreate the empty body from the OCP lobby in Robocop 2 yet...

IMG_3295.jpg

Final verdict?

VGZ4IAK.gif

No QC problems, everything perfect so far. Haven't picked up the batteries for the figure yet, so I haven't been able to test the sound function but all the joints work perfectly, everything's nice and tight and the paint finish is flawless. Bit of a dust magnet, though. Will try and set up a proper lightbox at some point and take some better pictures.

Fantastic! Re: Final Body/no face. I have seen it on the web. Someone has already done it. ;)

Back