Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The picture you posted showing the green tint shows the breakdown of the paint as it ages through the years.

The suit is indeed gun metal with purple airbrush highlights.

Sorry but according to the site that Brobocop posted this is what they state:
"The RoboCop suits are more green than anything when seen in real life - they're painted with a special photoreactive paint that registers metallic on film".

Ugh man you should go check out the site that brobocop posted, I thought you were a Robocop fan, the suit was green and they used special film to make it appear the color we see in the movie, its not as bad a argument as what color Han Solo's jacket was in Empire Strikes Back brown or blue, but maybe it could go that way if people actually gave a ****, I'm just happy it isn't blue, gun metal grey, would of been cool but we'll have to settle for silver. Also I was kidding about the b-itching please don't get your panties in a twist :(

There are none so blind as those who will not see. You're far too forgiving when it comes to this figure's inaccurate paint. I wouldn't say people are canceling their orders in droves, or that there's all that much bitching or vitriol. But there is a tinge of disappointment.

The picture you posted showing the green tint shows the breakdown of the paint as it ages through the years.

The suit is indeed gun metal with purple airbrush highlights.

YES! x1000.

"The RoboCop suits are more green than anything when seen in real life - they're painted with a special photoreactive paint that registers metallic on film".

head-in-hands.gif

No one cares what color the actual prop suit is, only what's seen on film.

It only takes 2 seconds to read the site and educate yourself oh well I'm like this about the subject now
tumblr_mdoed20sV61qzhl1ao1_500.jpg and :horse
Forgiving? more like I don't give a **** really, I'm going to enjoy the figure, crying about it isn't going to change a thing, its still a FOTY for most including me.

Nobody cares what it looked like in real life - people wanted a replication of what it looked like on screen, which is what was offered at first and even at the conventions

My bet is only a few people have actually seen the real suit used in the movies so wanting it to look like it does in 'real life' is a moot point that nobody is actually asking for

It only takes 2 seconds to read the site and educate yourself oh well I'm like this about the subject now
View attachment 146945 and :horse
Forgiving? more like I don't give a **** really, I'm going to enjoy the figure, crying about it isn't going to change a thing, its still a FOTY for most including me.

I'm as tired of the argument as anybody else here. But it's one thing to say, "I don't care," and another to go out of your way to dismiss what others, many of whom already have the figure in hand, have been saying - that the paint's not right.

We're not imagining things, PC. We love RoboCop as much as you do. Most of us expected a better effort, especially after 17 or 18 months.

Nobody cares what it looked like in real life - people wanted a replication of what it looked like on screen, which is what was offered at first and even at the conventions

My bet is only a few people have actually seen the real suit used in the movies so wanting it to look like it does in 'real life' is a moot point nobody that is actually asking for

**** yeah, Frank.

I'm as tired of the argument as anybody else here. But it's one thing to say, "I don't care," and another to go out of your way to dismiss what others, many of whom already have the figure in hand, have been saying - that the paint's not right.

We're not imagining things, PC. We love RoboCop as much as you do. Most of us expected a better effort, especially after 17 or 18 months.

**** yeah, Frank.

I hear ya Yankee but I didn't bring up the argument it was brought up by Brobocop I was just chiming in that I have tried to make the same "moot" point, and he is just another person that I guess is just willing to shrug off the color, that only makes 3 against the majority of you.

Everyone who has bought this has said it's an awesome figure, one of the best this year in fact - even with the poor colour choice

Nobody is denying the quality and likeability of the figure

Collectors just wish it was coloured correctly as it had been advertised for the previous year +, I don't think that is an unfair criticism on an otherwise steller release :dunno

I hear ya Yankee but I didn't bring up the argument it was brought up by Brobocop I was just chiming in that I have tried to make the same "moot" point, and he is just another person that I guess is just willing to shrug off the color, that only makes 3 against the majority of you.

If most of us kept our POs, we all, to some extent, have shrugged off the paint issues. As I've said numerous times, it still looks fantastic. I'd take it over the EB Robo every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Besides, it's too late to change anything and there are no other 1/6 options.

But sometimes you gotta call a duck a duck. What was proposed and what was delivered do not match up.

How many others who have Robocop feel this way?

It's not as bulky in the chest as it could be. But the proportions aren't hideously off-base either.

Everyone who has bought this has said it's an awesome figure, one of the best this year in fact - even with the poor colour choice

Nobody is denying the quality and likeability of the figure

Collectors just wish it was coloured correctly as it had been advertised for the previous year +, I don't think that is an unfair criticism on an otherwise steller release :dunno

**** yeah, Frank, redux.

It's venting a little frustration, no matter how ultimately pointless it is.

For me if I am spending $300 on a action figure (which alone is hard to wrap my head around), it has to be the best of the best of the best . Anything less is just unfortunate. No matter how close it came.
If you are a company that is charging $300 for an action figure you better ensure that it is the best of the best of the best. Anything less is a crime.

I couldn't stop laughing following and reading the thread...sorry my bad, some of them are really funny and entertaining.
I'm getting older now and so I do care accuracy than anything else. That's why I love EBs. But that doesn't mean that I dont like HTs. Hell yes, I love my chromecop...because he is too fun to play with. Side by side is my neca custom...costing more than an EBs robo :D
IMG_20141118_231401_zps3e4e81ff.jpg

For me if I am spending $300 on a action figure (which alone is hard to wrap my head around), it has to be the best of the best of the best . Anything less is just unfortunate. No matter how close it came.
If you are a company that is charging $300 for an action figure you better ensure that it is the best of the best of the best. Anything less is a crime.

The state of figures now and days, is becoming less and less like that, if you want value then maybe DX13 is good for $330.00 now and days you get charged more for less.
BR Joker, Red 5 Luke Skywalker, and DOFP Wolverine.

If most of us kept our POs, we all, to some extent, have shrugged off the paint issues. As I've said numerous times, it still looks fantastic. I'd take it over the EB Robo every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Besides, it's too late to change anything and there are no other 1/6 options.

But sometimes you gotta call a duck a duck. What was proposed and what was delivered do not match up.
tumblr_mp9idiNUXC1r38hk2o1_1280.jpg
I guess so but my PO wasn't based on the Con pics or the prototype so then what? My decision to PO was based on a replacement to a obsolete figure(V1) and to own a Robocop, hence why I'm in the minority of being so positive towards the figure I guess.

I couldn't stop laughing following and reading the thread...sorry my bad, some of them are really funny and entertaining.
I'm getting older now and so I do care accuracy than anything else. That's why I love EBs. But that doesn't mean that I dont like HTs. Hell yes, I love my chromecop...because he is too fun to play with. Side by side is my neca custom...costing more than an EBs robo :D

Nice Murphy custom, man. (Turns attention to the Robo on the right) Damn you, Hot Toys. Damn you to hell.

Neca custom looks great!! HT looks Shiny but sweet!! It is funny though how you put "i'm getting older" and "fun to play with" together though. I'm the opposite. I want accuracy and I rarely touch my figure after I find a pose I am happy with!!

View attachment 146948
I guess so but my PO wasn't based on the Con pics or the prototype so then what? My decision to PO was based on a replacement to a obsolete figure(V1) and to own a Robocop, hence why I'm in the minority of being so positive towards the figure I guess.

Well, as everything else in life, it's all a matter of perspective. When I first saw the promo pics on SSC's Web site, I almost done messed up my pants, front and back.

Not really, but it's still a funny/gross visual. ;) And I'm sure a lot of other guys had the same reaction.

Back