Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, he is quite silver when compared to the first release!
Thanks for posting that.

I still like it!

It's pretty clear that the HT figure is not large enough and it's an idealize version of the character like most HT figures. Still, the figure looks great. You can't compare a 1/6 figure with a dude in a rubber/plastic costume made in the 80's. I don't get all the criticism :dunno

i think its just a hope of perfection, the HT version does look a little thin, and it appears to have some purple and blue hues painted into the armor it aalso looks like the paint took a step back from the proto pics(less blue)
either way, i am pumped to get this guy
Im sure ill be just as happy as it, as i was with the EB version(which wasnt perfect either)

i think its just a hope of perfection, the HT version does look a little thin, and it appears to have some purple and blue hues painted into the armor it aalso looks like the paint took a step back from the proto pics(less blue)
either way, i am pumped to get this guy
Im sure ill be just as happy as it, as i was with the EB version(which wasnt perfect either)

Hey, I'm still happy with the first Kenner Robocop figure :lol As far as the color, I don't trust does "professional" photos because they don't use natural lighting, so the figure will most likely look better in hand.

Well these pics really do look extremly silver, yeah. But think about that the light there looks pretty bright too.
The blue on the old figure even is more silver then on other pics.
I bet that, with normal light, the blue and purple hues will pop nicely, depending on how you hold the figure.

It certainly DOES look way better then EB´s if you ask me and even on specifically lit pics the EB didn´t half HALF the hues then the HT has niw in jingo´s, or even OMG´s pics.

you must be a robofan then!
i love the neca version as well

Yeah, the spring-loaded holster figure is pretty cool. Until Neca, the best figures were either by Macfarlne or Toyisland in the 90's, imo. There was HT too...I guess. I would like to see a Robocop with a removable helmet from Neca.

I am the biggest Robocop fan! My favourite movie is Robocop '87, I wanted to be Robocop growing up, Murphy is my mom's maiden name....
Just love this character, love Peter Weller Robocop.
So I was really anticipating this figure and this is the one figure I would be critical about. This is the figure that got me into Hot Toys believe it or not...First figure that I ever purchased and it was a Pre-Order off of Loonentoys back in January.
Now I have a bunch of collectibles from Terminator, Predator, Star Wars, Iron Man, Batman..all the franchises I love. But this started it all when I saw those prototype pictures. So I really wanted this to be amazing and I have to say that I am very satisfied by the pictures and cannot wait to see it for myself in hand.
It is a bit disappointing to see some of the deficits in design that others have mentioned, and being on this forum you get information from very critical collectors. (And the critical collectors are important as we need people who really dig into the details). Of course no figure is 100% perfect...I respect the craftsmanship that goes into these amazing collectibles and understand it isn't as easy as it looks to replicate a real life object to 1/6 or 1/4 scale.
Nonetheless, I feel that this figure will be a great piece and though it isn't perfect I know that I will enjoy it very much. It is a similar situation with the MMS238, where it isn't a perfect figure but it looks damn good still. I do expect that the battle damaged Robocop will be an even better figure with the beautiful head sculpt and damaged body.

Anyways, hoping to have this guy pretty soon!!!!

Also, when do they release just the regular figure on its own I wonder, or have they already released it when they released the one with the chair????

I am the biggest Robocop fan! My favourite movie is Robocop '87, I wanted to be Robocop growing up, Murphy is my mom's maiden name....
Just love this character, love Peter Weller Robocop.
So I was really anticipating this figure and this is the one figure I would be critical about. This is the figure that got me into Hot Toys believe it or not...First figure that I ever purchased and it was a Pre-Order off of Loonentoys back in January.
Now I have a bunch of collectibles from Terminator, Predator, Star Wars, Iron Man, Batman..all the franchises I love. But this started it all when I saw those prototype pictures. So I really wanted this to be amazing and I have to say that I am very satisfied by the pictures and cannot wait to see it for myself in hand.
It is a bit disappointing to see some of the deficits in design that others have mentioned, and being on this forum you get information from very critical collectors. (And the critical collectors are important as we need people who really dig into the details). Of course no figure is 100% perfect...I respect the craftsmanship that goes into these amazing collectibles and understand it isn't as easy as it looks to replicate a real life object to 1/6 or 1/4 scale.
Nonetheless, I feel that this figure will be a great piece and though it isn't perfect I know that I will enjoy it very much. It is a similar situation with the MMS238, where it isn't a perfect figure but it looks damn good still. I do expect that the battle damaged Robocop will be an even better figure with the beautiful head sculpt and damaged body.

Anyways, hoping to have this guy pretty soon!!!!

great post :clap

Good overall comparison.

Combing through Jingo's pics, I do think this is certainly the best Robocop figure that's been done.

Back