Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish HT had taken the money it had "spent" on "diecast" and used it to instead figure out how to re-engineer the thigh holster. Really, it swings open like a little girl's locket? Really?

Still not noticed the eye in the damaged helmet in either OMG's or jingo's gallery.

Surprised none of the HT photoreviewers focused on that detail, too. Here's a tiny one from PE.

10710684_781831468545512_5289162046129747068_n.jpg

Jongobells pics are clearly better than OMGs.

Btw what was the "twisted arms syndrome" with the ED209 figure now seems to be the "faceplate not pushed in far enough syndrome" with Robo.

I think ii's the same mechanism on the holster as with the old Robo, that means it folds right in the middle and looks just like in the movie.

Man, I'm excited!

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what the true color of the mouth plates are because it's kind of a big deal.

Variant?

So I'm going to Hong Kong right at the end of November/beginning December. What are the odd's this will still be available in stores like Toy Hunter or Secret Base?

Jongobells pics are clearly better than OMGs.

Btw what was the "twisted arms syndrome" with the ED209 figure now seems to be the "faceplate not pushed in far enough syndrome" with Robo.

I think ii's the same mechanism on the holster as with the old Robo, that means it folds right in the middle and looks just like in the movie.

Man, I'm excited!

Nah, the action's not movie accurate. The rear of his thigh should be stationary, it shouldn't fly open on a hinge. The front of the thigh shoots forward, the side panel does most of the work.

N9BScGh.gif

robocop-gun-twirl-o.gif

Ugly lever on the rear of the thigh aside, NECA actually replicates the mechanics of the holster. Go to 7 minutes in. A $20 figure does something that a $300 figure cannot. Way to go Hot Toys!

Is it just me or does this not seem like a $300 figure?

Was watching OMG video and I couldn't believe how little diecast was utilized. Then all that soft, squishy plastic threw me. WTF? :lol Dunno guys. This guy seems cheap as hell, especially that leg holster. Why isn't this thing $230 again? Atleast the voices sound really good.

Is it just me or does this not seem like a $300 figure?

Was watching OMG video and I couldn't believe how little diecast was utilized. Then all that soft, squishy plastic threw me. WTF? :lol Dunno guys. This guy seems cheap as hell, especially that leg holster. Why isn't this thing $230 again? Atleast the voices sound really good.

Diecast. Duh.

And how good will the voice sound when the chestplate is covering the speaker?

Back