Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the headsculpt teased isn't in with the diecast Robocop then they can ram it.

Not showing the face leads me to expect…

robocop3_main.jpg

:thud:

Just for fun, I've thought about what HT will come out with later:

Robocop
1.Robocop fully battle damaged version with murphy sculpt(EX: baby food bottles used for target practicing)
2.Robocop2 blue tinted version with battle damage parts(EX: spray painted "kik me" back armor part)
3.Robocop3 with gun arm+flying jet pack

Villans/robots
1.SS Exculsive ED., Clarence with an alternate scar faced sculpt
2.RoboCain with led lights on his body, slide out nuke grabbing slot, and a detachable Cain Brain.
3.Cyborg Ninja with an alternate damaged face sculpt.

I really couldn't careless if robocop3 related items don't come out, as the movie was ridiculously bad, although robocop did look badass with a machine gun attached arm.

Is it possible this new reveal sculpt will be on a 1/4 scale Robo? The teaser looks like it's 1/6th, but they could be trying to steal a bit more thunder from the competition.

I don't think it's possible. Enterbay has the license for 1:4 scale Robocop and they should be the only company that can make that scale. And Hot Toys is restricted to their 1:6 scale which was the reason why Enterbay opted for 1:4 scale license in the first place.
Of course Hot Toys would not hesitate a **** move like this if they can but I think both companies license agreement has them restricted to 1:6 scale and 1:4 scale action figures respectively.

Do we know for sure that Enterbay are the only company with the Robocop 1/4 license? I know Fred Barton are supposed to be doing one as well, but who knows with Fred when or if it will come out.

On another note, I love Robocop, and this news is so awesome, but I had no idea how big Robocop was on the boards. Seeing how this thread and the ED-209 thread have blown up is great. Was getting tired of all the Ironman and Dark Knight threads taking up the board.

Do we know for sure that Enterbay are the only company with the Robocop 1/4 license? I know Fred Barton are supposed to be doing one as well, but who knows with Fred when or if it will come out.

On another note, I love Robocop, and this news is so awesome, but I had no idea how big Robocop was on the boards. Seeing how this thread and the ED-209 thread have blown up is great. Was getting tired of all the Ironman and Dark Knight threads taking up the board.

Damn right robocop is the ****! What do you guys think about a **** jones figure?

I don't see how the unmasked head could be included with the regular release. It's not exactly an easy head-swap. Unmasked Robo also has a completely different neck too which blends into the body, so it's not like they can just include a different head and neck piece. Plus the head has the very delicate wire outline which would break from the force required to pull the head off/put it back on. In order to get the most screen-accurate unmasked head, it's unfortunately not going to be swappable.

Thinking of pre-ordering this awesome piece, but the prices are quite varied from site to site.

Originally thought to preorder it from Modelzone, as they don't take payment until the item is in stock, but the only downside is that their price is £240.

The best price I found was at toyHQ @£204.

Does anybody know how toyHQ's preorders work & are they any good?

Thinking of pre-ordering this awesome piece, but the prices are quite varied from site to site.

Originally thought to preorder it from Modelzone, as they don't take payment until the item is in stock, but the only downside is that their price is £240.

The best price I found was at toyHQ @£204.

Does anybody know how toyHQ's preorders work & are they any good?

I dont think i have ever bought anything from them as they are usually more expensive.

Yeah OSB's price is good but i already pre-ordered with collectiblesdirect with a 10% deposit and free shipping for £210. Or you can pay the full amount now and get £10 knocked off.

I dont think i have ever bought anything from them as they are usually more expensive.

Yeah OSB's price is good but i already pre-ordered with collectiblesdirect with a 10% deposit and free shipping for £210. Or you can pay the full amount now and get £10 knocked off.

Thats not a bad price. I've never bought anything from collectables direct before, but it looks like they will be getting their stock in June. Most other sites are saying February-March time.

What is onesixthbruce like for preorders anyway?

Onesixthbruce is great i have had over a dozen figs off them and have another 3 on pre-order atm.

The sites i normally order from are onesixthbruce, thegoodthebadandtherobots, collectablekitbash and collectiblesdirect all of which are good.

There does seem to be a lot more competition lately with retailers. I have a list of about 10 or so UK retailers and since Robocop they really seem to be trying to battle it out price wise or even by the deposit.

I don't see how the unmasked head could be included with the regular release. It's not exactly an easy head-swap. Unmasked Robo also has a completely different neck too which blends into the body, so it's not like they can just include a different head and neck piece. Plus the head has the very delicate wire outline which would break from the force required to pull the head off/put it back on. In order to get the most screen-accurate unmasked head, it's unfortunately not going to be swappable.

:goodpost:

If only their prices weren't so outrageous I'd be more than happy to buy multiple variants of Robo. I'd love to have the end scene BD/unmasked robo displayed with the clean robo and ED... but it looks like I may only be able to afford just clean robo :monkey2

Onesixthbruce is great i have had over a dozen figs off them and have another 3 on pre-order atm.

The sites i normally order from are onesixthbruce, thegoodthebadandtherobots, collectablekitbash and collectiblesdirect all of which are good.

There does seem to be a lot more competition lately with retailers. I have a list of about 10 or so UK retailers and since Robocop they really seem to be trying to battle it out price wise or even by the deposit.

Agreed, I have most of my current preorders with them (11 in total) and can't fault them for customer service having bought 6 figures from them so far.
They even posted on Facebook this morning to let us know that the original price for Robocop (£205 delivered in UK) was wrong and that they would be lowering it to £200 and refunding anyone that had paid in full.

Says The Hot Toys Chief engineer :cuckoo:

Back