Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And how about a home made 1:6 Auto 9 display stand??
19981bc4e929ccad75fe60124142fa05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty neat. I wish they had made the slide mechanism tighter, since it feels too loose.

Aight guys if you had to choose between this figure and the BD T800 Police Shoot out, which would it be??? I can get both of them for $30 off but if I buy Robocop ill get an additional $27 back in rewards. I already have Dx 10 and DX 13 and plan on buying the BD Robocop/Murphy 2 pack too. Help me decide!!

Ill probably need to ask this same question in the terminator thread too and compare the responses.

They're both very nice but flawed figures. What bothers you more: an imperfect paint job or a strange body?

It mainly comes down to the choice of character.
no it doesn't. i like a terminator character a lot more, but BD T1 is fail in every aspect. i'm not a fan of T2 but DX13 is the one that could easily compete with robo. mms238 could never.

luckily i don't have to choose :)

Thanks guys, really find taking these video good fun.... Surprised by how smooth the thigh hoister appeared to be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started testing the transparent paints. Tamiya blue sprays like a dream. I can already tell the tendency is to spray too much. This stuff will sneak up on you and bam! BLUE! Lol!

bottle.jpg

That color looks stunning, hopefully Hot Toys will make a figure from the second movie for those of us without the talent to paint ours!!

Here, I stripped off the factory battle damage. Got to be very careful because the silver is paint too, so you don't want to go too deep. I had to punch in some silver and black here and there. Won't matter because I will airbrush in the black areas later. The helmet is another story. I don't know if I want to try to airbrush very fine triangles like they did. Guess I'll have to freeze frame the movie to see what that area really looks like.

robocopchest.jpg

Damage sections done. I'm doing one as Robo 1 and the other as Robo 2. The damage changes in the movie. During the ED-209 scenes, the armor is really messed up with nasty fluid everywhere. When he's in the garage, it's oil leaks. This is what I was going for.

robocopdamage2.jpg

robocopdamage1.jpg

Back