Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my Robocop, i took this picture yesterday

My Robocop was exposed 4 days with "almost 90 degree" arm angle and the **** happened..

Just to be clear, i'm a reviewer, so obviously i have extra caution with my action figures. I never let them on direct sun light, or play with it. My entire collection is perfectly exposed... that's why i'm really upset with this.

I am sorry for you.

I think it's the almost 90 degree arm pose.
The rubber sleeve is just a tad too short and tight for that.

And as usual the obligatory apologists have already emerged stating their "You're holding it wrong." routine.

Hot toys getting the pass once again
Just checked mine, good as new, left arm has been bent ever since I've got him(basically)
5DDD22B5-F623-474A-A637-81633583DC04.jpg

Will be apply the Honda grease tomorrow just in case as that rubber looked a little dried out(in the cracked pic)

I just looked at my robo this morning.

Right under the spot where Diegos rubber sleeve teared is the probably metallic hinge for the forearm and it has a sharp or ar least thin edge.
I think that teared the rubber due to the 90 degrees pose.

We should be careful and only move the forearm until the tension of the rubber can be felt.
That's around 45-50 degrees I think...

son of a b****! i've been posing mine with the gun arm in the 90-degree angle. haven't checked to see if the rubber elbow has torn but i'll be pissed if it did cos it's such an expensive piece. ht stuff is getting more overpriced by the day and yet their quality control hasn't improved.

i've also got a ht iron man mark vi with pink undies (not cos i'm a perv but from the fading red paint). :slap

I was hoping this wouldnt become an issue. It's still too early to think it's widespread but it's worrisome at the very least. Paint and rubber kept me from this one but I had planned on the BD. Urg. Another I could have bought in a heartbeat was the Arkham City Batman but if they can't get a couple joints right, whoa.

HT needs to get in contact with Hasbro about materials and quality control. All of my old 1/6 SW figures are still in great shape. Ugly and worthless, but still in great shape.

ok i just checked and thankfully there is no tear on the elbow rubber. i didn't want to risk it, so i changed robo's pose to a straight arm gun point.

the other thing that really annoys me is the utterly useless posable fingers that can't hold a gun for nuts. why ht didn't include a gun hand for this i'll never understand.

ok i just checked and thankfully there is no tear on the elbow rubber. i didn't want to risk it, so i changed robo's pose to a straight arm gun point.

the other thing that really annoys me is the utterly useless posable fingers that can't hold a gun for nuts. why ht didn't include a gun hand for this i'll never understand.

:exactly::goodpost:

I've never had a problem with them, then again I also collect ThreeA so I guess I'm used to spending 20 minutes manipulating tiny robot fingers to hold accessories :dunno

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to share some pics of a repaint that I tried recently. I was pretty disappointed in the "chrome" paint of the new Robocop release, so I tried to paint him up based on reference from the 1st movie. He kinda looks like a hybrid between Robo 1 and 2... but there was a lot of color in Robo 1... blues, purples, grays.
Let me know what you think. I took some shots side-by-side with the stock figure next to the repaint. Really hope they release a Robo 1 with a movie accurate paint job in the future. We all know Hot Toys can do awesome paint jobs - wonder why they didn't even try with Robo?
1_IMG_7334.jpg2_IMG_7252.jpg3_IMG_7344.jpg4_IMG_7292.jpg5_IMG_7276.jpg6_IMG_7303.jpg7_IMG_7285.jpgz_1IMG_7238.jpg

Attachments

• z_2IMG_7152.jpg
    z_2IMG_7152.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 459
Back