Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the last pic - it's not a bright room (Going Home scene) and there is still massive light reflection on the helmet. Hot Toys even nailed the flecks in the finish...C'mon guys - Hot Toys nailed it - Can't we be happy...for once.:wink1:

Still reading the posts, but just ignore the haters some not all don't have it in hand, I'm one of the biggest Robo fans, and none of you complained about his big rings on his shoulders they are inaccurate no you guys just want a blue robo he was pretty shiny as shown in the pics(from movie), bottom line is not everyone will be happy. There are some people out there that don't like the Mona Lisa and its a great work of art. "Some people, just want to see the world burn"
world-burn1-300x173.jpg

Exactly.

I actually found someone that wants this (South American guy that has bought from me before) and if you think $300 is insane for a figure, you can't even imagine how these run over there. I will be passing this over to him after I inspect it. Making about $50 in this after shipping and insurance is not bad.

Just not feeling it tbh, at least not at full price. I only have Optimus Prime on PO right now, and no NRD on that expensive bastard... But it's OP, so it's cool.

After that, never again. Retail prices are for the desperate nowadays, at least the way I see it.

Weren't you also burned by ED209?, other than well you know what, Robo hasn't been nice to you at least on HT's end. Glad to hear you might pick it up down the line when it goes on sale.

Crap! Now that you mentioned the big shoulder rings. I went to look at mines and the left shoulder rings point inward!! dammit hot toys...LOL

Yes but noooooo everyone wants to complain about the paint apps, shows what Robo fans you really are, I'll take your Robo's though if you don't want em ;)
BuyThat.jpg
none of that stuff bothers me though because I had V.1 and he was way to blue and too much like Robo from the second film so the silver paint is better for me, the rings I don't care about. Its just a figure no one that isn't a hard core fan will ever notice all these inaccuracy's so who cares at the end of the day?

5x10 saw your posts on the EB Robo, and while they can talk **** on their thread about the HT's one and we can't mention a thing about it, I gotta tell ya that it is a up hill battle with them, for 600.00 bucks the thing should feel heavier, and not like a light cheap thing, but its just my opinion.

Robocop came today! I apologize in advance for crappy iphone4 camera quality pics.

View attachment 144408

View attachment 144409

View attachment 144410

under daylight (5000k) led lighting
View attachment 144411

under cool white (9000k) led lighting
View attachment 144412

View attachment 144413

some quick positives and neutral/negative notes from me

+ nice paint smoothness application
+ docking station looks pretty good
+ helmet and mouth piece likeness looks a lot better in person
+ base stand and accessories are excellent

- definitely a shiny silver paint job (a lot brighter than the EB 1/4 Robo)
- legs are a ***** to articulate, especially trying to make him stand straight
- forearm sleeve is similar designed like EB Robo forearm sleeve
- noticeable gap from hand peg to hand piece
- lacks bulkiness and thicker proportions on the chest and legs

Sounds like a lot of negatives but don't get me wrong, its a wonderful 1/6 Robocop figure. Definitely a keeper in my collection. Bring on the battle damaged and Alex Murphy figures!!

Looks good there. Although it still doesn't amount to the prototype level I don't think. I think the problem is that the mass produced version doesn't have that shimmered reflective coat on it and all it does it reflect light really bright off the silver coat.

Lot's of people complained about the big shoulder rings, right back at the start when it was first previewed

Still reading the posts, but just ignore the haters some not all don't have it in hand, I'm one of the biggest Robo fans, and none of you complained about his big rings on his shoulders they are inaccurate no you guys just want a blue robo he was pretty shiny as shown in the pics(from movie), bottom line is not everyone will be happy. There are some people out there that don't like the Mona Lisa and its a great work of art. "Some people, just want to see the world burn"
View attachment 144462

Yeah it's a crime to offer this

PD13699017978zh.jpg

But actually send this out to people (not my pic)

attachment.php

Regardless of how good the figure itself it, It's close to false advertising. People have a right to be peeved about this specific point

I remember it clearly, but at least that got fixed. But I'd take big rings over the paint job we got.

I think the original had maybe 1 to 2 shades darker of grey, and was not nearly as reflective to light to the degree that the retail version is. I just don't get why this happened, was it just a way to cut a corner? I can't see it being so difficult, or pricey to paint it the way the prototype was.

I just don't get why this happened, was it just a way to cut a corner? I can't see it being so difficult, or pricey to paint it the way the prototype was.

Easy....Robocop 2 1/6 figure. I have no desire to buy Diecast Robo. Starting to go on the fence with BD, getting excited to see what (if at all) the Robocop2 2 presentation would be

Easy....Robocop 2 1/6 figure. I have no desire to buy Diecast Robo. Starting to go on the fence with BD, getting excited to see what (if at all) the Robocop2 2 presentation would be

I'm worried about the BD version. The prototype could be the best thing HT ever produced, and I'm sure it will be ruined between now and release.

I think the BD version will turn out perfect. The colour issue will not be a shock to anyone by then so it will be overlooked. The head sculpt will be the topic and I have full faith HT's will nail it!!

5x10 saw your posts on the EB Robo, and while they can talk **** on their thread about the HT's one and we can't mention a thing about it, I gotta tell ya that it is a up hill battle with them, for 600.00 bucks the thing should feel heavier, and not like a light cheap thing, but its just my opinion.

u can talk about it whereever you like, no mod has banned discussion of it
theres no doubt that price and a cheap feeling are a factor with the EB robo, i do admit, it feels cheap holding it, same thoughts i had when i originally got my 1/4 batman from eb
but, i dont handle these figures too much, so how heavy they are in hand is a secondary complaint to me.how they look on the shelf is far more important

hot toys on the other hand, feel more solid, at least the 2 large figures i have from them(hulk and ed209). It gives the perceived feeling of quality although, that perception is not always true
luckily, no issues with hulk(black staining for some) and no rotting dome on ed(crosses fingers)

I think the BD version will turn out perfect. The colour issue will not be a shock to anyone by then so it will be overlooked. The head sculpt will be the topic and I have full faith HT's will nail it!!

Headsculpt probably will be fine, but the body...

The battle-damage paint apps will obscure most of that, I would think. There's just too much else to look at w/BD to focus like a laser on the body paint. Where I'm really hoping they nail the paint apps is on the sides and back of the head. The proto looks beautiful with the different metallic colours on all the various components. Hope that doesn't get washed out.

Yeah it's a crime to offer this

PD13699017978zh.jpg

But actually send this out to people (not my pic)

attachment.php

Regardless of how good the figure itself it, It's close to false advertising. People have a right to be peeved about this specific point

Put that figure in the bottom photo under the same lighting conditions of that proto shot and I bet the paint scheme will look a LOT closer to the proto. Totally different color temperatures there.

Put that figure in the bottom photo under the same lighting conditions of that proto shot and I bet the paint scheme will look a LOT closer to the proto. Totally different color temperatures there.

I don't know man…from all the pictures/youtube we have seen under how many lighting all I see is Battle Star Galactica bright silver. Not even near the hue of the proto!

Back