Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Does anyone sell an actual screen accurate cape? Not a flat bottomed one like HT is putting out with this?

And I was wondering about Banes age as well. I was thinking he had to be older than Bruce Wayne since he was 29 in BB, and this movie was 8 years later. When Ra's attacked the prison he was young. All this happening way before Bruce got trained

Oops just asked about the cape in the wrong thread.

Funny voice.

Not funny, scary. And easy to understand too.

Hammy acting.

Acting was great.

Bad origin.

What was wrong with the origin?

Cry baby. Dies like a _____.

Agree a little…

I hope to come to terms with that on a second viewing.

Weird costume. Dumb mask (skeleton goatsie). How does he eat?

Costume/mask is cool. Don’t know how he eats, but have you ever lost sleep wondering how Darth Vader eats?

Why are his gestures like a Power Rangers? … Over the top.

He doesn’t have facial expression so I’m sure he was directed to make up for that in other ways. I think that worked quite well.

Why does he wear a feminine coat?

I’ve never thought the coat was feminine. You seem to worry about whether this or that is sufficiently masculine a lot…

A League of Shadow/Ra's Al Ghul rip off.

Umm… I guess that’s one way to look at it… or it’s the perfect bookend for Begins.

Goes to shoot Batman because he got his ass whooped.

I got nothin’ for that one…

A lackey. A "protector". Bad motivation.

This is my main issue, but several have made strong cases for how Bane was in fact a Mastermind and not just a lackey/protector. His motivation would thus be quite nuanced.

LOLZ.

Sits on people and kills them by farting (poor Special Forces soldier).

WTF?

He did give me great lolz though so I can't totally diss the character. Like the "WAT A BEAUTIFUL VOOICE".

I actually laughed for that scene as well. But it wasn’t a “lolz” laugh, it was a “holy ____, that’s creepy as hell” laugh.

STILL, AIN'T WORTH GETTING A 1/6 SCALE EXPENSIVE ACTION FIGURE.

Well, obviously I don’t agree. But I admire your ability to stick to your guns in the face of the awesomness of Bane on screen.

You think the performance was scary awesome and that Harvey Dents character was nothing compared to the awesomness of Bane?

Absolutely yes. Two Face/Harvey Dent’s character is a bit part by comparison.

I love both characters, but Bane and the Joker are in a different league than Dent.

Better than Batman?

No.

aintevenmad.jpg

Can't we all get along?

Bane's voice was silly imo. "Scary"? :lol

Anyone want to guess Bane's age in TDKR?

Bruce has his 30th birthday in Batman Begins. Let's say that TDK was 1 year after BB, and this is 8 years since TDK. So maybe Bruce is 39.

Talia and Bruce is approx. the same age in my guess, maybe she's 2-4 years younger. And bane looks like he's in his middle 20's when Talia escapes, and shes only 10 or so.

So.... Can he really be in his late 50's :S? That doesnt feel right.

So far pretty lame figure.
Waitin' for the release and hopin' for some updates cuz otherwise "DX or GTFO".

Bruce has his 30th birthday in Batman Begins. Let's say that TDK was 1 year after BB, and this is 8 years since TDK. So maybe Bruce is 39.

Talia and Bruce is approx. the same age in my guess, maybe she's 2-4 years younger. And bane looks like he's in his middle 20's when Talia escapes, and shes only 10 or so.

So.... Can he really be in his late 50's :S? That doesnt feel right.

:lol That's a pretty good point. I didn't think of that.

So far pretty lame figure.
Waitin' for the release and hopin' for some updates cuz otherwise "DX or GTFO".

Or GTFO now and wait for the inevitable DX? :panic:

Liam Neeson is 60, so Bane being say, 10 years younger than Ras. I can see that...

I appreciate this is a little off topic, but Harvey Dent was a bit part? You do realise that Nolan considers him the protagonist of TDK?

Yeah, I get that. But in terms of screen time and how memorable the character was Joker and Bane are in a different league than Harvey Dent.

I don't know what's funnier, Bane, or the time Maglor wasted to dissect and quote my post.

*copy* *paste* *copy* *paste* *copy* *paste*

:lol

It was a pretty big pain in the ass. :lol

Bane's voice was silly imo. "Scary"? :lol

Well obviously the intent was scary, not silly. I think they succeeded, you don't. I'm sorry the movie didn't work for you.

I liked his death, he got whooped by Bats and Catwomen finished him with a flipping batpod rocket. How is that Lame? It took a rocket to finish this guy.
Got this guy PO'd but am hoping for some tweaks on the figure.

It didn't take a rocket to finish him, Bats had him beat down and whimpering like Vader did in Jedi.

Yea he was on his way to die but Talia hooked his mask back up. When Talia left Bane was ready to finish Bats off before Catwomen got there. So yea the rocket did him in.

Last edited:

It didn't take a rocket to finish him, Bats had him beat down and whimpering like Vader did in Jedi.

Batman beat him because he learned his weakness. His punches were intended to break the mask - that's what got Bane whimpering.

Batman beat him because he learned his weakness. His punches were intended to break the mask - that's what got Bane whimpering.

Pretty much and the gauntlet blades dealt the big blow to the mask.

Back