Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Hmmm. People are automatically assuming this figure will be redone as 2.0 or DX? Maybe. Maybe not. I guess it depends on how long this movie stays hot until The Next Big Thing. First, let's remember that, despite the popularity of this franchise, there are key characters that are missing or under-represented. No Ra's. Scarecrow was a con exclusive with no 'reveal' head. Two-Face has obvious inaccuracies and already looks dated. So assuming bane will be revisited is already a big 'if'.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of a handful of figures that have been revisited/redone: Batman (Begins and TDK), Joker (MMS, DX, DX 2.0), Iron Man Mark I (2.0) Mark II (AU), and it's been announced that Wolverine will be redone, due to the poor likeness of the original release. That's a pretty small club. And when you examine the modifications that were done, the only ones that really upped the ante were TDK Batman (with melting abs!), Joker, and the Mark II. Batman Begins con exclusive was essentially the original figure with an extra head and a few accessories thrown in, and Mark I is a repaint with new head sculpt, base, and flame accessory. For most of these, there was also a substantial amount of time between original release and redux. At the rate HT prices have been increasing, this MMS release of Bane may seem like a bargain down the road, when (if) a new release is created.

Loved that part and Bats really sold that knife stab well. I though B Dubs was a goner :monkey2
Sorry for going OT, just was thinking about that.

Batman beat him because he learned his weakness. His punches were intended to break the mask - that's what got Bane whimpering.

Still don't get how that made him whimper like that, I mean the guy basically lived in the prison-pit without the mouth piece for some time didn't he? After he was mutilated ofcourse, I understand it hurt, but I dunno. Felt kinda overdone that one lose wire would do him in. Kind of saw it coming though.

Still don't get how that made him whimper like that, I mean the guy basically lived in the prison-pit without the mouth piece for some time didn't he? After he was mutilated ofcourse, I understand it hurt, but I dunno. Felt kinda overdone that one lose wire would do him in. Kind of saw it coming though.

Bane wasn't used to fear.

I don't think this figure will be revisited. I think there will probably be another Bane ... maybe even two (stock exchange, prologue/shirtless). But, I don't think they'll revisit this version. May end up having a new body on one of those versions, though.

I also don't think Bane will ever be a DX ... nor do I think he needs to be. Bane's eyes were very expressive -- but not because the pupils moved. I don't think a DX would do much for this figure.

SnakeDoc

Wasn't the mask keeping his pain at bay? I thought it was a painkiller being fed to him through the mask. So when removed his pain is so much he can't take it.

Wasn't the mask keeping his pain at bay? I thought it was a painkiller being fed to him through the mask. So when removed his pain is so much he can't take it.

Yes, but eczamurai was making the point that he had felt the pain before so why would he be whimpering. Although he had felt pain before he hadn't felt fear before.

Fear + pain = whimpering.

Double whammy

my friend said that bane's body is a reuse from noland's body
I don't have noland, but if it's true.... :slap

Batman beat him because he learned his weakness. His punches were intended to break the mask - that's what got Bane whimpering.

I really appreciated the way this played out...don't know if tags are still necessary but
Spoiler Spoiler:

Damn, you're making me want to skip work and go see it again right now! :panic:

I really appreciated the way this played out...don't know if tags are still necessary but
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes! When Bane goes mental and punches the marble column just blew me away! Made you appreciate how strong he is and how p****d off Batman was making him.

I love this shot:
bane-dark-knight-rises.jpg

where Bane finds Batman in the crowd and says 'you came to die with your city'. Hardy's eyes sell that feeling of disbelief and 'I can't believe how much I'm going to kill you.'

I haven't price surfed on eBay for a while, but Harvey dent used to be low $100 Max price about 7 months ago....now his prices have sky rocketed, and I kinda want one now :(

I haven't price surfed on eBay for a while, but Harvey dent used to be low $100 Max price about 7 months ago....now his prices have sky rocketed, and I kinda want one now :(

same here been looking for one

I love this shot:
bane-dark-knight-rises.jpg

where Bane finds Batman in the crowd and says 'you came to die with your city'. Hardy's eyes sell that feeling of disbelief and 'I can't believe how much I'm going to kill you.'

Love that scene too, Bane is like a wild animal hunting his prey.

Back