Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013-08-14205322_zps79a02f64.png

I'm thinking about doing an arm swap video. Has anyone done that yet?

Although I have already done the mod myself I think that would be a great idea buddy.

You could advise people how to/where to open the body up and then how to glue it back, how to sand down the pegs etc.

As somebody else said Clipperking did a half body swap with the DX10 body thus losing the scar.

I bought a TTM-20 body for the job. I then put Bane's arms onto the TTM-20 body.

The only problem is that you will have the double jointed elbows exposed on Bane should you display him sleeveless, which didn't bother me.

You swapped out the arms with the Muscular body? Was it hard to do? Or simple unscrew, screw?

There was a tutorial on here that was deleted which showed you what to do but I couldn't use it as it was deleted but there was a member who posted a useful description in the Bane mod thread which is what I used.

Basically you cut the bodies under the arm, peel off the chest, be careful, unscrew the arms, sand down the TTM-20 arm pegs as they are too big for Bane, screw it back up, re-glue the body and that is that.

I saved a few pictures of the tutorial if you need it buddy.

I bought a TTM-20 body for the job. I then put Bane's arms onto the TTM-20 body.

The only problem is that you will have the double jointed elbows exposed on Bane should you display him sleeveless, which didn't bother me.

I worked on the swap today using a standard TT. That was a waste of time.

Not sure if I'm willing to pony up the dough for a TTM-20 when I' only be using the arms. :(

You swapped out the arms with the Muscular body? Was it hard to do? Or simple unscrew, screw?

Pretty much. I took a video of my failed attempt, but it does show the basic steps. The only thing missing is the sanding, since the arm I used fit without that step.

I worked on the swap today using a standard TT. That was a waste of time.

Not sure if I'm willing to pony up the dough for a TTM-20 when I' only be using the arms. :(

Pretty much. I took a video of my failed attempt, but it does show the basic steps. The only thing missing is the sanding, since the arm I used fit without that step.

What was the end result with the standard TT arms? Could they even connect? Be used with padding under the coat?

Also, I bet you could sell the TTM-20 with Bane arms if you wanted to.

Wow they are both amazing ! But the joints ... :-(

Those joints really kill the lifelike looks of this figure.. The best way to display Bane is to wear the leather jacket..

But, in the sewer scene, he didn't wear it.. So, yeah..

21eq.jpg

Bane arrived early. :yess: My Batman Rogues Gallery is looking almost complete. :)

Quick pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man nice collection but that scarecrow mask is pretty funny looking. Sorry don't mean it as a insult. The thread along the mouth I think it's black.

Man nice collection but that scarecrow mask is pretty funny looking. Sorry don't mean it as a insult. The thread along the mouth I think it's black.

:lol Thanks... No insult taken. It's one of those horrible 1/6th ones that came with the action figures. Like I said "almost" complete. :lol I need a better Scarecrow and a Ra's Al Ghul.

Those joints really kill the lifelike looks of this figure.. The best way to display Bane is to wear the leather jacket..

But, in the sewer scene, he didn't wear it.. So, yeah..

21eq.jpg

I have mine displayed with the sweater and vest now, and actually really prefer it to the jacket.

Final Battle Bane FTW! :rock

What was the end result with the standard TT arms? Could they even connect? Be used with padding under the coat?

They connect very easily, but simply padding them is not enough unfortunately. I explain it all in my video. I'll try to have it posted befo the weekend. :duff

:lol Thanks... No insult taken. It's one of those horrible 1/6th ones that came with the action figures. Like I said "almost" complete. :lol I need a better Scarecrow and a Ra's Al Ghul.

I immediately recognized it. :lol

Back