Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi nick ! I have been using the same backdrop for my avengers! Really nice!
dy2uresy.jpg
eha4a2e6.jpg

I like how you got Tony holding the hologram piece like a 1/4 doll. :lol

Hahaha, yeah, talk about going over board, technically it was good timing with the Avengers and recent Batman releases, I'm sure my annual pace will slow down to 3-5 figures per year.....right?!

LOL
Sorry you are still on the delusional state ;)
You be lucky if its 3-5 per month :p
But seriously batmobile all the way. That space it consumes MAY prevent you from buying many more .... MAYBE
As for hawkeye it was low run because even in this thread most were not impressed and didn't foresee the need to be a completist. Hot Toys decides how many I make base on PO numbers and this one was LOW! Only after release and in hand pictures ppl started deciding it was a great figure and prices rocketed fast due to the low run and will remain high because of that fact.
Only chance I see this going down a bit is a V2/DX but even IM M1 V2 didn't drop the V1 price below $350 and that figure was a $150 starting out. This one was $180 for me I think.
Mine is still boxed somewhere under a pile of boxed stuff :p. maybe by the time I get to it I may just sell it ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

I'm right there with ya. Been collecting about a year and a half and I think I'm somewhere around 24-25 now, including several customs, with three more on preorder. Amazing how quickly the collection grows (and the money disappears). :1-1:

I'm the same as you, I've only been collecting hot toys since January of this year and by tomorrow when i get hulk i'll have 22 of them.

When I was previously collecting G1 transformers, I hated spending over $120 on any particular piece...now I'm dropping $200-350 like its nothing, my perception of value has been distorted...however I am cautious when paying a premium for a regular mms, or over $700 on 1/6 vehicle....but chances are I'll grab one :)

Thanks to everyone who replied...this is a tough choice indeed, I hate the fact that Hawkeye is the hardest and most expensive to get, At least if it were a main character, I would feel more comfortable spending that amount of cash..(sorta)

I saw the batmobile in person at the Toronto Fan Expo, besides the incredible size, in my opinion it looked a little toy-ish, but extremely cool at the same time, I likely don't have anywhere to display it at this point, but I'm sure I'll regret passing it up... Whatever, got Catwoman and Hulk coming between tomorrow and Tuesday

May 2012 I had ZERO Hot toys...by September 3rd 2013 I'll have 19, you guys weren't kidding when you said this hobby was addictive

I stated with my DX12 Batman as my first in Feb of 2013 (valentines present from the wife) and I know have 9 hot toys lol.

I also saw the Batmobile at Fan expo and it was awesome!

I just got a Hawkeye finally! Got it brand new, just missing the shipper, for $320 on eBay of all places! Really lucked out. Not sure it's worth even $300 but it really is awesome!

I stated with my DX12 Batman as my first in Feb of 2013 (valentines present from the wife) and I know have 9 hot toys lol.

I also saw the Batmobile at Fan expo and it was awesome!

Ya the Batmobile was extremely cool, and due to the ridiculously priced Hawkeye, I'll likely shell out a few more hundred, grab the Batmobile and call it a day.

Hawkeye is the only HT figure I have and probably will be unless they come out with a V2. I could never pass up 2 Hawkeyes.

I guess it was a good thing I went in on the pre-order instead of waiting (thinking that the price might drop after release). It makes the $180 look like an excellent price for him. :lol

Has anyone put together Hawkeye's outfit from the helicarrier (the black tactical outfit)? I've been toying with that idea for awhile, though I'm not sure if I want to tackle taking his current outfit off to do it.

:lecture please aversion 2 will come eventually. All the crazy prices here and on eBay for a meh figure. Keep it.

I had him twice sold for good return because I couldn't get past the sculpt. Hawk and Fury need revisited.

A meh figure? Dude this fig is awesome. He has better pose capabilities then most of the other and alot more accessories too. And the sculpt is dope!

Hawkeye is the only HT figure I have and probably will be unless they come out with a V2. I could never pass up 2 Hawkeyes.

I guess it was a good thing I went in on the pre-order instead of waiting (thinking that the price might drop after release). It makes the $180 look like an excellent price for him. :lol

Has anyone put together Hawkeye's outfit from the helicarrier (the black tactical outfit)? I've been toying with that idea for awhile, though I'm not sure if I want to tackle taking his current outfit off to do it.

Don't take his costume off. It's glued on, and you could destroy it removing it. I removed mine to swap the arms and it was a real chore.
Better to get a Dam toys body and some fatigues and swap the head over to a new bash.

A meh figure? Dude this fig is awesome. He has better pose capabilities then most of the other and alot more accessories too. And the sculpt is dope!

Hawk, Fury and Thor weaker attempts was the reason i didn't get into Avengers line. Personal preference....:dunno

I did get Hulk and bd Mark VII :yess:

Back