Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened? I've never had any trouble with them which is why I ask. :dunno

It had to do with returning something, for something else; not really wanting to get the feelings started up again thinking about it, but up until then I'd like to think I was a loyal customer of theirs.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from BBTS once and asked them if they could lower the customs value(It might not seem like a lot, but it was about $400 worth of GI Joe stuff).
They said: "sure", and promptly TRIPLED the customs form amount. The customs fee i was hit with was a lot more than any saving i could have made from buying them in the US to begin with(I nearly fainted when i got the bill).
Suffice to say i wouldn't order one more single thing from them ever again.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from BBTS once and asked them if they could lower the customs value(It might not seem like a lot, but it was about $400 worth of GI Joe stuff).
They said: "sure", and promptly TRIPLED the customs form amount. The customs fee i was hit with was a lot more than any saving i could have made from buying them in the US to begin with(I nearly fainted when i got the bill).

That is weird!

As I see it, it can only be either a misunderstanding of the word 'lower' - which seems rather unlikely as it is not really a complicated word, or just plain spite (but then achieving nothing except burning a customer???)

That is weird!

As I see it, it can only be either a misunderstanding of the word 'lower' - which seems rather unlikely as it is not really a complicated word, or just plain spite (but then achieving nothing except burning a customer???)

Irony of ironies, i have spent thousands of dollars with other companies in the US since that date, and if BBTS had dealt a bit better that one time, perhaps i would have ordered it all from them.
Although i do still get emails from them, i do take time to look at the items they are selling, then order elsewhere.
These things happen i suppose.

I actually get really terrific service from them- have never had to return anything though. The 25% discount on all items seals the deal for me.

I had a hard time when I considered selling my HT Mark IV to them. They tried to tell me they'd only give me $65 for it... and was pretty pushy.

I actually get really terrific service from them- have never had to return anything though. The 25% discount on all items seals the deal for me.

I had a hard time when I considered selling my HT Mark IV to them. They tried to tell me they'd only give me $65 for it... and was pretty pushy.

"Them" is Big Bad Toy Store. I get the discount from them.

They are a strange bunch for sure. I bought my Medi bat from them on sale for half off and they declared the full value for customs so I ended up paying almost double incl the UPS ripoff brokerage fees. I called BBTS to see if they can do anything and was promptly told that they would not falsify the value and I was like what, where is the logic in that? I have since only bought through toys2 being local and avoid UPS like the pest.

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Back