Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are a strange bunch for sure. I bought my Medi bat from them on sale for half off and they declared the full value for customs so I ended up paying almost double incl the UPS ripoff brokerage fees. I called BBTS to see if they can do anything and was promptly told that they would not falsify the value and I was like what, where is the logic in that? I have since only bought through toys2 being local and avoid UPS like the pest.

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Your nice, if they would have done that to me. I would have let it go back. Come to think of it. Can you do that?

It's years ago and I paid more taxes and brokerage combined so going after either for money back was a lost cause from the start so I wrote it off as a lesson learned :p

They are a strange bunch for sure. I bought my Medi bat from them on sale for half off and they declared the full value for customs so I ended up paying almost double incl the UPS ripoff brokerage fees. I called BBTS to see if they can do anything and was promptly told that they would not falsify the value and I was like what, where is the logic in that? I have since only bought through toys2 being local and avoid UPS like the pest.

Ugh I hate UPS. So, year ago, I bought a reproduction sword. The thing cost $180, I paid the seller $40 shipping, and then when UPS dropped it off they required an additional $60 at the door. And the sword took 5 weeks to be delivered. I was floored.

What does everyone have planned display-wise?

I'm planning a display w/Hawkeye set up w/Wolverine and Widow, or back-to-back w/the Hulk. I might try to get one of those oddly useful Spidey gargoyle posts to pose him on as well.

Ugh I hate UPS. So, year ago, I bought a reproduction sword. The thing cost $180, I paid the seller $40 shipping, and then when UPS dropped it off they required an additional $60 at the door. And the sword took 5 weeks to be delivered. I was floored.

I guess I lucked out all these years. I am in the us, I have not had to pay anything so far. Still if I paid xxx and it's value was xxxviii. I don't think I would pay the fees.

DAMMIT! I didn't get to read it first and put my 2 cents in!

BOO! HISS! :monkey4

:D

MEE TOO! BOO :monkey2

:lol

~

With Cap in, we now just need black widow to make a kickass avengers setup

avengers-production.jpg

Actually from my research they don't charge brokerage for shipments into US until value of $200+. But when entering Canada they start charging at $20!! Now it might be the governments fault but used to be UPS was overcharging so much compared to other couriers that it actually made the news when they reduced the fees. I was even under the impression that they just charged what they wanted! And they are still the most expensive to date.
If you are curious check these charts out:
https://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html
Vs
https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs/fees.html

Sorry for being OT but back to Hawkeye.
I really like mine but I ran out of display space again so not sure if unstick with Avengers :slap

And I just got an email from my brother stating that BBTS won't be shipping mine until the 26th at the earliest. No biggie to me, I don't mind getting xmas gifts late, 'specially when it's one like this.
:)

Someone needs to open a store here in the Bay Area where we can go in and buy 1/6 HT figures for a fair price.

Same here, the shop I buy comics at marks their HTs too high. I understand if something is in high demand or very rare but $250 for Red Skull is unreasonable to me.

We don't have a single store in San Diego that even carries Hot Toys. Funny thing is, I was a Comics N Stuff last week and asked why? The girl said "they wouldn't sell, they are too high end, too expensive."

I promptly asked "so who exactly do you see buying that $400 Deadpool sitting on the scooter over there?"

She didn't have an answer for that.

We don't have a single store in San Diego that even carries Hot Toys. Funny thing is, I was a Comics N Stuff last week and asked why? The girl said "they wouldn't sell, they are too high end, too expensive."

I promptly asked "so who exactly do you see buying that $400 Deadpool sitting on the scooter over there?"

She didn't have an answer for that.

Lol. They will probably multiply the ht figs by 3 and call it business.

Back to hawkeye...who's selling me one at retail?

Back