Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS??? - Avengers: Hawkeye

The only reason for me to get this is to have a complete collection of all the Avengers....otherwise it's a pass, pretty 'meh" figure, when you consider he cant even do a proper arrow shooting post (As in the pulling arm, pulling the bow all the way back)

Probably have to blame it more on the character design that they based this figure on.

Hot Toys - MMS172 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Hawkeye Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

~ MMS Series ~
The 1/6th scale Hawkeye Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye/ Clint Barton in The Avengers movie
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Muscular body with over 30 points of articulations
- Movie-accurate facial features with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable palms with finger tabs on left palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) right palm for holding bow
- Three (3) left palms of different styles for holding arrow
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Interesting how they pad out the list by listing the head three times and the hands 4 times.

Must confess as the day rolls on I am liking this figure more and more even with all the joints on show....

Sigh, I'm pretty disappointed in this one. His sculpt is off in my eyes, but I'm a huge renner fan. His eyes are too close together even with that facial expression, but broaden his nose!!! That's his defining physical feature from all angles. My last gripe stems from his pose... He's not even shooting the bow properly... The drawstring needs to be pulled way back just under/behind the ear.

7029535515_83635429aa_z.jpg

Last edited:

Really need the OP to be updated with the Specs/Proto shots, hate having to go searching for the pics in these threads (like the Luke Skywalker one)

I thought he 'd be up yesterday I bet po will be up later today.......must pick up to complete group hawkeye then fury for me...Very glad they gave him his shades .......dont have any archers yet........lets hope priced same as fury or cheaper.......hope cheaper but realy doubt he will be......

People expect perfection but it's still just a toy, fairly mass produced at that. Complaining that the arm isnt 100% accurate for shooting a bow is dumb! It's a toy!

I thought he 'd be up yesterday I bet po will be up later today.......must pick up to complete group hawkeye then fury for me...Very glad they gave him his shades .......dont have any archers yet........lets hope priced same as fury or cheaper.......

It will def be up today highlander as stated in the news letter.

Sculpt looks spot on to me. Can't wait to bash a bourne with it.

Seriously, you're complaining about the list? This board is just a joke sometimes.

No, I'm not seriously complaining about it. Posts don't have to be praise or complaints, they can simply be observations. The world is filled with shades of gray. The problem with this board is that most people either 'hate it' or 'love it', the figure is either 'crap' or 'art'. The opinions here are hyperbolic and extreme. Very little room for actual discussion.

I'm simply making a comment about their spec list. People were commenting that it seemed light on accessories.

People expect perfection but it's still just a toy, fairly mass produced at that. Complaining that the arm isnt 100% accurate for shooting a bow is dumb! It's a toy!

lolz...I'm dumb

I need a meme okay face here

@hot toys collector- Where are you getting these backgrounds? Can you post them here so I can make a nice wallpaper please?

sweet will be ordered !!! glad i fought temptation on not ordering fury yet ..so many bad asses this year and still greavous sometime.....glad i got bat and joker paid for.........they need to give us a shield symbol stand sometime.......defnitley picking up xtra arrows off ebay.

Dont understand all the Debby Downers the figure looks great and the only way to buy the avengers is to buy the whole collection in my opinion. I can see a nice display with having them all standing back to back like in the trailer.

:exactly:

Must confess as the day rolls on I am liking this figure more and more even with all the joints on show....

Believe me, I wish there was technology that would hide joints without affecting articulation, but not yet, one day.

My wife looked at it and said her eyes go straight to the joints, takes away from the figure.

Told her articulation is important and rubber is bad.

No, I'm not seriously complaining about it. Posts don't have to be praise or complaints, they can simply be observations. The world is filled with shades of gray. The problem with this board is that most people either 'hate it' or 'love it', the figure is either 'crap' or 'art'. The opinions here are hyperbolic and extreme. Very little room for actual discussion.

I'm simply making a comment about their spec list. People were commenting that it seemed light on accessories.

Fair enough, well said.

Back