Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason i ask is that modern bows use what is called an "arrow rest".
I have a dropaway on my own bow(I fire a compound bow), but there are many different kinds.
You are thinking of an old Robin Hood style bow where the archer used his or her finger as an arrow rest.
That's not done now. The rest seats the arrow and allows the fletchings to pass the bow without interruption.
And Hawkeye uses a rest too in case you were thinking he used his fingers...

ArrowRest.jpg

The reason i ask is that modern bows use what is called an "arrow rest".
I have a dropaway on my own bow(I fire a compound bow), but there are many different kinds.
You are thinking of an old Robin Hood style bow where the archer used his or her finger as an arrow rest.
That's not done now. The rest seats the arrow and allows the fletchings to pass the bow without interruption.
And Hawkeye uses a rest too in case you were thinking he used his fingers...

ArrowRest.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh...excellent clear up.
Thx, mate.
:1-1:

I always thought of it as an optic component too...if you get what I mean.
That it looked always REALLY "complete" in a way, using the fingers as a rest...

Ahhhhhhhh...excellent clear up.
Thx, mate.
:1-1:

I always thought of it as an optic component too...if you get what I mean.
That it looked always REALLY "complete" in a way, using the fingers as a rest...

No worries my friend. If you don't have a bow, you would never know.
When you first get your training, they take many measurements, and draw length, arrow height, where you would draw the string are measured.
It's why no two people can fire the same bow without slight adjustments.
But there's no reason you would know that.
It's only old-fashioned longbows that use a finger to draw.
Here's my equipment(I can shoot an apple off your head at 80 yards...):

Ultratech1.jpg

UltraTech2.jpg

UltraTech4.jpg

When you first get your training, they take many measurements, and draw length, arrow height, where you would draw the string are measured.

Ultratech1.jpg

UltraTech2.jpg

UltraTech4.jpg

Holy cow.
:thud:

This thing looks amazing, man.
:hi5:

Thx for the inside information...

Holy cow.
:thud:

This thing looks amazing, man.
:hi5:

Thx for the inside information...

No worries.
It's not a secret. Just something you'd never be told if you haven't been at an archery club.
I can recommend giving a go. Archery is a lot of fun!(although i cannot guarantee the same results as Hawkeye gets with every arrow...)
:rotfl

No worries.
It's not a secret. Just something you'd never be told if you haven't been at an archery club.
I can recommend giving a go. Archery is a lot of fun!(although i cannot guarantee the same results as Hawkeye gets with every arrow...)

I already considered it, but I´m not that big club guy, you know?!
I tried Karate and fitness, but quit due to the "I pay for it and have to do it, only for that it´s worth"-factor.

I´m a little spleened on that.
I do fitness on my own now at home and my own terms...

Ultratech1.jpg

UltraTech2.jpg

UltraTech4.jpg

Nice setup, I can shoot a bow but never had your setup. I was train using a bearit. Forget the Apple.

:gah: Me too! But only after about an hour's back and forth on live chat and getting nowhere, but distinctly feeling like I was getting the 'run-around', like everything they were saying was true - but that they were not telling me everything...hard to explain but I have worked in Customer Service so I know it when I hear it - as well as two lengthy and costly phone calls from me in the UK, trying to get some semblance of sense out of SSC's customer service dept.

So if they have no stock to allocate, how are these final payment authorisations happening? I am not familiar with this strange law reference folks have mentioned, so what is this about?

I hot linked one of these posts to show that someone said that it had been done and that they were expecting their figure within a few days, and SSC said that it was a mistake and that no stock was going to b

I know that it depends who you get on their Live-Chat service and that one of them is a dumb as a plank of wood, but even with that this has been only my very first totally unsatisfactory experience with them so far, so I suppose that says alot.

To answer your question about the law. In the us if you post a law they see it as practicing law, and if did not take the bar(like I did) you get into trouble. Best way to see it. Look up the laws for were the business is based out of. If you pm me I will till you. This then becomes a chat between two people. Again another odd us law. Its like butt sex, it's okay in some states but but can send you to jail in others.

I already considered it, but I´m not that big club guy, you know?!
I tried Karate and fitness, but quit due to the "I pay for it and have to do it, only for that it´s worth"-factor.

I´m a little spleened on that.
I do fitness on my own now at home and my own terms...

Yeah, but archery is not really about fitness. You will need a certain amount of strength to pull the string back, but it's not like regular excercise.
My local club meets once a week, but we have the use of a hall and a forest for field archery seven days a week. You could enjoy it totally on your own if you preferred.

Nice setup, I can shoot a bow but never had your setup. I was train using a bearit. Forget the Apple.

Lol.
What is a bearit?

Lol.
What is a bearit?

Sorry I was on my Cell Phone and the spell checker change it.

50 cal Barret sniper rifle

https://sadpanda.us/images/185713-3690SSI.jpg

The one I have is a little like this only the stock is better. My sidearm is a 9mm, I will never own another .45 ever again (other then my Tommy Gun). Just a little louder then a Arrow but, any shot is a kill shot.

The only problem with a bow is what you said. It's the pulling. I have seen the same shooter go strong, but 10 minutes later start to drift. I have still yet to see any shooter (bow) pull and shoot as fast as Hawkeye or Green Arrow.

Sorry I was on my Cell Phone and the spell checker change it.

50 cal Barret sniper rifle

https://sadpanda.us/images/185713-3690SSI.jpg

The one I have is a little like this only the stock is better. My sidearm is a 9mm, I will never own another .45 ever again (other then my Tommy Gun). Just a little louder then a Arrow but, any shot is a kill shot.

The only problem with a bow is what you said. It's the pulling. I have seen the same shooter go strong, but 10 minutes later start to drift. I have still yet to see any shooter (bow) pull and shoot as fast as Hawkeye or Green Arrow.

The rifle is impressive.
About hawkeye nocking his arrows, you are correct. There are several scenes where he is "doing a legolas" and the arrows are all CGI. H is going through the motions of firing but clearly the arrows are all added later.
I WISH I could fire that fast.
I doubt an M16 fires as fast as hawkeye, lol.

No shipping confirmation yet for me. I guess SS goes in order and might not be the fastest shippers. Waiting...waiting...:impatient:

The rifle is impressive.
About hawkeye nocking his arrows, you are correct. There are several scenes where he is "doing a legolas" and the arrows are all CGI. H is going through the motions of firing but clearly the arrows are all added later.
I WISH I could fire that fast.
I doubt an M16 fires as fast as hawkeye, lol.

Ya, I can unload and drop a clip as fast. My grouping well. I do know at times the bow was just the handle.

Ya, I can unload and drop a clip as fast. My grouping well. I do know at times the bow was just the handle.

It makes sense to do it that way. Otherwise Hawkeye would have been dead a dozen times over...
I am still baffled as to where he got all his arrows. Even when we seem him recovering some, it wouldn't count for the hundreds he fired, lol.

It makes sense to do it that way. Otherwise Hawkeye would have been dead a dozen times over...
I am still baffled as to where he got all his arrows. Even when we seem him recovering some, it wouldn't count for the hundreds he fired, lol.

You didn't know? He is John Wayne grandson. Duh!

Back