Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bandito: if people don't call it the "chest rt" what do they call it. I'm wracking my brain and maybe it's because it's coming up on 4am here but I can't think of what in hell else you'd call it.

Incorrectly as: ArcReactor, Of course..

of which both HT's figures and SSC's bust incorrectly put the ArcReactor behind the armor cover instead of the RT

Yeah the CG suit, seems particularly true with Avengers, looks very close to the figure. The main difference is, the joints like like the abs, knees, and elbows compress and get smaller when bending in the film while the figure they extend and get longer. The abs are really obvious as they literally do extend but the knees and to a lesser extent the elbows do as well.

So in any pose but just standing the figure tends to look more elongated and thus skinnier.

Just standing they look pretty close to me. The head is a tiny bit smaller on the figure though.

5599629234_4d022c2ff8_z.jpg
2n84ns.jpg

Sweet comparison! Thanks for the pic! :yess:

Oh also it's not just the rt shape that's different on the chest. The whole chest plate is a totally different sculpt that doesn't have the same cut-in pectoral shapes and is actually wider. That also makes the armor as a whole look bulkier.

bandito: if people don't call it the "chest rt" what do they call it. I'm wracking my brain and maybe it's because it's coming up on 4am here but I can't think of what in hell else you'd call it.

I meant "the panel that houses the chest rt".
But i knew there would be someone who took it the wrong way.

I knew what you meant but thought it's also notable that the chest isn't just different but wider.

Wish HT takes care of the neck and head in the future releases (Mk VII, etc.), the figures will be almost perfect.

https://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb324/vikasmichael/TA_VI.png

As I've stated a few times, I don't think the problem with the HT Iron Man figures is that the neck is too long. It's the same problem I have with almost all of their figures… the neck is too straight up and down. That's anatomically wrong and makes the head look smaller because it's sat farther back from the chest and the neck look too long as it's not angled forward like it should be.

You should be able to pose the Iron Man figures correctly with the neck angled forward but the sculpt gets in the way. I've found on some of the figures (works best on the Mark II AU and the IV/VI work okay) reversing the neck allows a better pose.

I took a bunch of comparison pics with my AU

Iron Man MKII (neck mod) by dangercorpse, on Flickr

As I've stated a few times, I don't think the problem with the HT Iron Man figures is that the neck is too long. It's the same problem I have with almost all of their figures… the neck is too straight up and down. That's anatomically wrong and makes the head look smaller because it's sat farther back from the chest and the neck look too long as it's not angled forward like it should be.

You should be able to pose the Iron Man figures correctly with the neck angled forward but the sculpt gets in the way. I've found on some of the figures (works best on the Mark II AU and the IV/VI work okay) reversing the neck allows a better pose.

I took a bunch of comparison pics with my AU

Iron Man MKII (neck mod) by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Right, I remember the conversation about natural body posture in the AUV thread. I tried reversing the neck post trick, but somehow was not able to do it (maybe I didn't try hard and was scared that I'd mess it up : p).

With the neck issue (kind of) sorted out, I sincerely hope that we get a better proportioned head with the Mk VII.

TA_VII.png

With all the Mark I 2.0 going crazy with updates and very excited to get my hands on it,
I present you my latest in Hot Toys Review, the triangular, the long over due..... Mark VI!!! :p

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2_dXQ2C0hU"]Iron Man Mark VI Stop Motion Review[/ame]

Hope you enjoyed it fellow collectors!

More pics of my new toy... BATTLE DAMAGE seems to be a must...

MkVIbattle1.jpg
MkVIbattle2-1.jpg

MkVIbattle4-1.jpg
MkVIbattle11-1.jpg

MkVIbattle6-1.jpg
MkVIbattle5-1.jpg

The color they got on this -- that corvette red -- photographs beautifully...

MkVIbattle8-1.jpg
MkVIbattle9-1.jpg
MkVIbattle10-1.jpg

I so love this figure! :yess:

Last edited:
Congrats Wor-gar.

Yes, I love the amount of details in the BD pieces.
There's no reason for me to pose it any other way.

Thanks for sharing the pics. :hi5:

Thanks guys appreciate the support...! I must say we're lucky to get the 1st edition than the avengers as there isnt any BD parts... ;)

Wow, I've never seen a side-by-side comparison of these two. I didn't realize they were basically the same except for the triangle and the silver parts on the Mk VI.

Way to milk that toy license IM2 producers. Looking forward to Mk VIII, IX, and X and Iron Patriot/War Machine in IM3.

Back