Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
international...outside HK's Mk. VI copies with fixed BD chest plate.... are finally shipping/available
post-235958-1301752841.jpg

We got our shipment of MK VI in today. I can confirmed that the international release indeed have the BD chest fixed. It fits fine now.

The fix is quite simple though. They didn't actually reposition the pegs at all. HT just bends them upwards.

However, the figure is fantastic and IMO even better than the MKIV. The BD detailing is awesome and overall it just looks a lot more badass than a Mark IV. The Mark IV is like a sleek suit but the Mark VI looks like it's meant for opening up a large can of whoopass.

We got our shipment of MK VI in today. I can confirmed that the international release indeed have the BD chest fixed. It fits fine now.

The fix is quite simple though. They didn't actually reposition the pegs at all. HT just bends them upwards.

However, the figure is fantastic and IMO even better than the MKIV. The BD detailing is awesome and overall it just looks a lot more badass than a Mark IV. The Mark IV is like a sleek suit but the Mark VI looks like it's meant for opening up a large can of whoopass.

Great news then! :yess:

Great news on the BD chest! Hoping that a BD chest shows up on Ebay so I can get it for mine...although I could buy another Mark VI....nah.

Who is we?
WTF? That's supposed to be the fix? Just bend 'em up? WTF? :cuss
A $220 figure and that's the :censored fix??

:Flush
WE as ... Malaysia's official HT distributor....

Certainly an easy way to solve a problem.... but an almost 2 months delay, or was their production lines too slow

Last edited:
I don't expect perfection. If it occurs, that's great. But if humans are at all involved in the production process, there are always going to be errors and imperfections. I'm greatful they are doing what they do. $220 seems perfectly reasonable to me. Mine comes thursday!!

Thanks for the clarification, bandito.

noisetrigger's info begs the question: if it was such an easy thing to permanently fix, then why bother with a recall at all?

Plastics do have memory shape. What's to stop these pegs from bending back? Futhermore, isn't this plastic rather hard and brittle? An item this high dollar leaves no room for half-baked production and quality control.

Thanks for the clarification, bandito.

noisetrigger's info begs the question: if it was such an easy thing to permanently fix, then why bother with a recall at all?

Plastics do have memory shape. What's to stop these pegs from bending back? Futhermore, isn't this plastic rather hard and brittle? An item this high dollar leaves no room for half-baked production and quality control.

The plastic is hard and brittle. Bending the pegs would not have fixed the problem. The location and angle was wrong not to mention that even with no pegs it doesn't sit flush.

Until I see pics of the pegs I will remain skeptical.

The plastic is hard and brittle. Bending the pegs would not have fixed the problem. The location and angle was wrong not to mention that even with no pegs it doesn't sit flush.

Until I see pics of the pegs I will remain skeptical.

I agree. The fix has to be more than that simple. There are some pretty bright individuals on these boards that have already received the Mark VI and would have figured that modification out already. Not to say HT hasn't fixed the issues, but just bending the pegs up seems very unlikely to that is all it took.

I'm a gimp and I cancelled my converted waitlisted regular version. Anyone know where I can get a regular version? Josh...want to sell me yours? You don't need both the regular and exclusive. :)

I'm a gimp and I cancelled my converted waitlisted regular version. Anyone know where I can get a regular version? Josh...want to sell me yours? You don't need both the regular and exclusive. :)

If I didn't plan on keeping both I would. I'm gonna display both non damaged and BD.

Back