Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd go ape-poo over Kyle Reese (exclusive or not, but the 1984 version), even though a Predator would be ideal.

@prefused: The site slowed down so much that my order wasn't placed until 1:47 or 2:00 after 10AM. My WL converted in a week or two, and it seems they still converted up to a month after it was over. Having that said, it was pretty nuts seeing the price temporarily skyrocket from $200 to $500 all in one morning. Just goes to show that people love Predator.

Ive been collecting figures for yrs but Hot Toys for only about 7months . What exactly is the difference between a SDCC editon and just a regular MMS release? :dunno

Iron man is alright, but a new Predator wuld be epic.

Epic for Prozac sales, maybe. Looking back on it, the rush was kind of fun... but only because HT happened to give SSC an incomplete batch, so a load of WL's converted afterwards. Can't say the same for other parts of the world, unfortunately. That was some unsettling stuff.

By the number? Does anyone know how limited this figure is? What does SDCC stand for anyway. I love this figure it make me sad that I got into HT so late :monkey2

San Diego Comic Con. I'm not sure if it was ever really established how many were made. It was the subject of much debate when it was released. Someone here might know. Its an awesome piece though. Luckily managed to score it right away and didn't have to bother with all the crazy ebay prices. I think it was up to like $600 or so at one point.

Ah, took a look back through the posts of July 1st and 2nd, 2010. Good times. Skiman was hilarious. :lol:lol:lol

I really need to give my Guardian some attention this weekend. After all we went through to get them, they need some lovin'.

San Diego Comic Con. I'm not sure if it was ever really established how many were made. It was the subject of much debate when it was released. Someone here might know. Its an awesome piece though. Luckily managed to score it right away and didn't have to bother with all the crazy ebay prices. I think it was up to like $600 or so at one point.

Yeah man everything on ebay is sooo freakin expensive. But people are paying it. I mean I payed $300 for a T2 T-800 FIGURE 2 MONTHS BACK. Thats expensive enough but $600.? I just cant do it. If I had that much disposable income I would but I simply dont :monkey2
Love this figure though!

Ah, took a look back through the posts of July 1st and 2nd, 2010. Good times. Skiman was hilarious. :lol:lol:lol

I really need to give my Guardian some attention this weekend. After all we went through to get them, they need some lovin'.

Haha i know, i cant believe that was a year ago. Crazy. Your right though, i think i need to maybe adjust my guardian's pose or something. Have had him prety basic since i got him. I really wanna show off the head but that mask is just to cool not to use.

Yeah man everything on ebay is sooo freakin expensive. But people are paying it. I mean I payed $300 for a T2 T-800 FIGURE 2 MONTHS BACK. Thats expensive enough but $600.? I just cant do it. If I had that much disposable income I would but I simply dont :monkey2
Love this figure though!

Yeah, to be honest i think the high prices were just because it sold out so quick and people were freaking out. So the scalpers were selling for massive prices, and people were buying. Then after a couple of days the waitlists started converting (including mine :yess: :lol) and the prices went down a bit. They still stayed pretty expensive though. Yikes. Just goes to show 9 times out of 10, if you want something, get it early. haha.

Haha i know, i cant believe that was a year ago. Crazy. Your right though, i think i need to maybe adjust my guardian's pose or something. Have had him prety basic since i got him. I really wanna show off the head but that mask is just to cool not to use.

Yeah, to be honest i think the high prices were just because it sold out so quick and people were freaking out. So the scalpers were selling for massive prices, and people were buying. Then after a couple of days the waitlists started converting (including mine :yess: :lol) and the prices went down a bit. They still stayed pretty expensive though. Yikes. Just goes to show 9 times out of 10, if you want something, get it early. haha.

I know I may be getting on everyones nerves with these questions but Ive heard this term alot around here. What do you mean by the waitlist started "converting"?

At the Sideshow shopping site once something sells out you can add yourself to a waitlist should it come back into stock somehow. A conversion means you've got one.

This guy showed up last night. Holy crap is he cool.

photo1-19.jpg

photo2-19.jpg

photo3-13.jpg

photo4-10.jpg

photo5-8.jpg

Back