Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Smooth Criminal is no doubt gonna be awesome, in terms of clothing it's gonna be alittle like the Billie Jean one of course, with the hat and such. But i sure hope the face will be spot on this time, Billie Jean really wasn't all too good from HT.

Can someone please tell me what is the easiest way to change hands and not destroying anything? There is one black thing with hand or something and i don't want to damage it. PLEASE HELP! :dunno:pray:

^ pull the arm piece back a little until u see the "leather" covering. Grab onto it and using a little force, gently pry the arm from the socket. Thats how i did it

You can take the whole sleeve off along with this wrist belts. You will understand how the sleeve works once you take it out.

Thank you! :yess:
1.jpg

Noel Cruz, the man who did the very nice repaint of 'Thriller' that everyone seemed to like (that's what you see below), has repainted 'Bad' and listed it on eBay, you can see here and on his website here.

I don't really notice any real difference myself. A few points have obviously been changed, like the increased darkness around the eyes, but overall it doesn't seem to me like that much a departure from from the original paint and is nothing on the the huge improvement he gave 'Thriller' (I couldn't think of how you could improve 'Bad' and so that's understandable).

mjbad_repaint2.jpg

michaeljacksonthriller_beforeandafter.jpg

That's a great repaint job on the Thriller heads. Is Noel Cruz a member here or just an ebay seller? I'd like to get my Thriller heads repainted like that.

To me the biggest part that needs changing is on the regular version's eyes. The iris just needed to be larger and the repaint does it well.

I agree. the slightly enlarged iris and repainted lips made the repaint version looks better

BAD was near perfect allready imo but this shows that there is always room for improvement,very impressive!

On the Bad repaint the eyeliner seem too dark but otherwise the retouches on the skin tone look awesome. It's great detail that can only be done by very skilled hands. Something that machines have not been able to replicate yet. Cheers to the talented Noel Cruz!

I personally don't really like it, i find the thriller one on the left looking to feminine and the bad repaint the same, but that's just my opinion :)

Back