Hot Toys– Hot Angel x- MMS 74- SHE PREDATOR - MACHIKO full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for mine to arrive either! Sooner the better.

Btw, with that many HT Preds in the house it may be time to start locking your daughter's Barbies into their house at night... if it isn't already too late! :horror :)

She may as well be my daughter! I've been the biggest father in her life (she's really my brother's kid, but he isn't ever around).

Hahaha, she REALLY didn't like the pic of Barbie with Wolf. It's going to be funny though when Machiko gets here and she doesn't know what to say, typically she calls everything I have in my collection "uglies"... and well, Machiko doesn't fit that description. Great kid though, she always likes looking at my new stuff, even tried playing with the Cosbabies. :lol

Edit: I wonder what style of box she'll come in? Either way, I haven't been this excited for a figure, EVER. The second I get her, you can expect a video.

She may as well be my daughter! I've been the biggest father in her life (she's really my brother's kid, but he isn't ever around).

Hahaha, she REALLY didn't like the pic of Barbie with Wolf. It's going to be funny though when Machiko gets here and she doesn't know what to say, typically she calls everything I have in my collection "uglies"... and well, Machiko doesn't fit that description. Great kid though, she always likes looking at my new stuff, even tried playing with the Cosbabies. :lol

Edit: I wonder what style of box she'll come in? Either way, I haven't been this excited for a figure, EVER. The second I get her, you can expect a video.

I know what you mean... Machiko will be anything but ugly, at least without her Pred gear on! Should be interesting to see what sort of reaction you get from your niece when Machiko arrives! :lol

About the box, maybe they'll come up with a special package just for her. The new Wolf box is a different and interesting design, but a little dull in terms of artwork, at least compared to the older style boxes. Guess we'll know in a month or so. And I will be watching for that video! :D :cool:

As long as she doesn't try to put the Pred gear on Barbie, it should all be fine, hahaha.

I really hope Hot Toys has a good box for her, and something up their sleeves for some artwork. I totally agree with the older boxes being better too, gotta love those!

I swear, in that video I'm going to scold anyone who 'just bought it' without knowing who she is. Not because I care what people spend their money on, but because I know someone is going to look at it in their inevitable review and say, "I don't know why they renamed Lex, made her more or less Caucasian, and changed her name to Machiko (they'll probably pronounce it Mac Hiko, Ma Chicko, or something completely stupid)... but hey, she's hot!!! LULZ!"

Personally, Predator and Alien are the ONLY collectible stuff I go after, and I am so into the characters, ideas, stories, and whatever else that I buy any material I can find on them. I really, really don't like the idea of people buying this and knowing ^^^^-all about her character's background. I got run down by people earlier for saying it, but I think my point is valid. If you're going to by a $150 figure, you can spare $15 on three novels (or the graphic novels) and a weekend, and learn what she was about, and who Lex was loosely based on. Heck, they could even spend five minutes and Google her name and read a bit.

I mean, I know people buy just to buy - but I don't buy anything based on looks alone.

Does it make you a bad person if you know who Machiko is (and even have some of the graphic novels featuring her), but would have bought the figure even if you didn't because of how awesome it looks? :D

Does it make you a bad person if you know who Machiko is (and even have some of the graphic novels featuring her), but would have bought the figure even if you didn't because of how awesome it looks? :D

No, but I'd still be interested to read up on her if I didn't know beforehand, not out of my own curiosity alone, but so I don't look like a fool when someone inevitably asks, "why is this chick dressed like a Predator?"

I hope not, because this is the 1st I've ever heard of her, but the figure is just too awesome to pass up.

For what it's worth, knowing the background of the character(s) that inspired HT's version of "Machiko" should make her all the more enjoyable to those who do, but even those who don't will appreciate the creative effort that went into designing her, and what a gorgeous figure this will be, as is.

My only wish is that they'd made her look Japanese rather than occidental, but maybe someone will sculpt a replacement head for her later on. Other than that arguably minor point, this will undoubtedly be one of the hottest figures they've ever made, especially with that newly designed female body. Yowza. :monkey5

I agree with ya, I'm sure they'll slap something on the box about her... I just watch a lot of youtube reviews to see what other people think, and I know a lot of them don't post on these boards... and a lot of them buy them solely because 'they're cool'.

I'm just dreading when some kid buys this and runs it down because they 'made Lex white and dressed her up like a Predator.' *sigh*

Yep, my freind picked up TDK Bats for me last week from Toyhunters and was told Machiko should be available this week. But I always wait till at least 4 figs are ready to send to save on shipping... the long wait beggins, c'mon Hot Toys I need you to release the 2 military figs I have on order or the Appleseed snap-kits... or all of them(sigh!).

still want to see in hand pics before i fully commit :lecture. anyone in asia have any pics ........

Hot DAMN! If she's already out, Toys2 ought to be getting their's pretty soon (right on time with the release date they have).

Cannot ^^^^ing wait for this figure!

Back