Hot Toys– Hot Angel x- MMS 74- SHE PREDATOR - MACHIKO full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Does anyone know what the heck this is??

Its from hot toys based on a character from the predator comics.

Re: Does anyone know what the heck this is??

I thought I was a fairly well versed Alien/Predator fan, but I guess not because I have no clue where in the Hell this piece originates from:monkey3 Had no clue there were HUMAN Predators?!

https://www.redplanettoys.com/cu_html/cu_shepred.html

Just some expanded universe figure Shawn, from some generic AVP comic. Not something an Alien/Predator fan would have to know, i hardly knew that character either. Only the movies are canon.

Well to be completely honest i might have been interested in this fig if she looked more like the comics:

1 A japanese looking woman, not Angelina jolie.

2 More traditional looking Predator Armor (i think the newly designed armor on this figure is a bit kitschy)

agreed im definately getting her. im surprised theres been some negativity about this one looks great to me

As one of the chief naysayers, let me reiterate why:

It's technically a great figure, excellent detailing and a well-above-average head sculpt. However, it's not the character from the comics and novels that it purports to be, and it's more fantasy female than hard-case Alien hunter. (I assume that it's much harder to run and fight when wearing high heels - but if there's someone out there with practical experience I will defer to them).

If they'd based the figure on, say, Reiko Aylesworth - someone actually in the AVP films who is fairly close to how Machiko is portrayed - and given it flat heels so it actually looked like a credible fighter, IMO there would have been far less negative comment.

I take on board your angle, but to me this is just the first in the HT 'Hot Angel' line, and with a title like HOT ANGEL, I have a feeling we are gonna be getting something more akin to the work of Boris Vallejo, Hajime Sorayama or even people like Vargas or Tim Hilderbrandt, I'm thinking pure fantasy, letting the good creative people at Hot Toys just run with an idea. The fact they already had the Predator licence and that this first one is 'based' on Machiko is just a bonus to me!

As one of the chief naysayers, let me reiterate why:

It's technically a great figure, excellent detailing and a well-above-average head sculpt. However, it's not the character from the comics and novels that it purports to be, and it's more fantasy female than hard-case Alien hunter. (I assume that it's much harder to run and fight when wearing high heels - but if there's someone out there with practical experience I will defer to them).

If they'd based the figure on, say, Reiko Aylesworth - someone actually in the AVP films who is fairly close to how Machiko is portrayed - and given it flat heels so it actually looked like a credible fighter, IMO there would have been far less negative comment.

I take on board your angle, but to me this is just the first in the HT 'Hot Angel' line, and with a title like HOT ANGEL, I have a feeling we are gonna be getting something more akin to the work of Boris Vallejo, Hajime Sorayama or even people like Vargas or Tim Hilderbrandt, I'm thinking pure fantasy, letting the good creative people at Hot Toys just run with an idea. The fact they already had the Predator licence and that this first one is 'based' on Machiko is just a bonus to me!

I would love a 12'' Commando based on Sorayama's work. I had the statue a while ago but sold it.

I take on board your angle, but to me this is just the first in the HT 'Hot Angel' line, and with a title like HOT ANGEL, I have a feeling we are gonna be getting something more akin to the work of Boris Vallejo, Hajime Sorayama or even people like Vargas or Tim Hilderbrandt!

Oh, I completely understand; the line is clear, it's a fantasy female using Predator imagery rather than a direct lift It's more a case of "so near yet so far" against a character that I think most of us never expected to see get a PF.

Personally, I really wish they hadn't modelled it on Angelina Jolie - I am distinctly NOT a fan of hers - but I accept that I am very much in the minority there :).

They should just make a predator film with angelina jolie playing Machiko.

Everyone and there mother would go watch it - it would make millions of dollars and therefore revitalize the series........

Think about it.......Angelina would look HOT playing that character.....who wouldnt watch that............and then there are predators in the mix..........IM SOLD

Of course she would never sign on to a predator movie.....nor would FOX pay her enough to do it

Sorry, I don't want to see that........nope.

Last time I saw her before she got preggers again, she looked awful. Way too skinny. You need a well built woman for that role. Someone with meat on their bones who can kick some :moon

Oh, I completely understand; the line is clear, it's a fantasy female using Predator imagery rather than a direct lift It's more a case of "so near yet so far" against a character that I think most of us never expected to see get a PF.

Personally, I really wish they hadn't modelled it on Angelina Jolie - I am distinctly NOT a fan of hers - but I accept that I am very much in the minority there :).

I'll be in the minority right along with ya! I ordered her though. Had to have it. Hopefully it won't have a Billy Bob tat on it's arm or a Brad Pitt figure walking 2 steps behind. :lol

Last time I saw her before she got preggers again, she looked awful. Way too skinny. You need a well built woman for that role. Someone with meat on their bones who can kick some :moon

Agreed! If people think the first 2 AVP sucked....(of which I am not included)...they will have a field day with that movie.

Maybe you should have a japanese women playing someone named MACHIKO NAGUCHI, just a thought:rolleyes::duh.

Not that i would care for such a movie anyway.

Back