Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should really pick this guy up one of these days. Almost got the mime version as he looks cool and is readily available more so than this one but this look definitely is more iconic.

I should really pick this guy up one of these days. Almost got the mime version as he looks cool and is readily available more so than this one but this look definitely is more iconic.

This figure is more than iconic. The joker from our Childhoods! Its stunninly real, with amazing tailoring, poseability, and accessories. One of the finest Hot Toys out there to date.

This figure is more than iconic. The joker from our Childhoods! Its stunninly real, with amazing tailoring, poseability, and accessories. One of the finest Hot Toys out there to date.
For sure, I'd like to get it eventually if the right deal comes along for it. Not the hugest Burton's films but I'd like to have The Joker, Batman (waiting for the Batman Returns suit to be announced), and Catwoman.

If anyone's still wanting to get their hands on this figure, I saw that Midtown Comics still has one, and if you download the Midtown Comics app and make your order using that, you'll get 20% off - https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Batman+Movie+1989+Joker+1_1161420

(I'm not a Midtown employee or anything but I've noticed they've randomly added some previously out-of-stock HT figures to their inventory recently - I was lucky enough to get a battle-damaged Mark III at retail price with the 20% discount, so just spreading the luck around a bit!)

If anyone's still wanting to get their hands on this figure, I saw that Midtown Comics still has one, and if you download the Midtown Comics app and make your order using that, you'll get 20% off - https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Batman+Movie+1989+Joker+1_1161420

(I'm not a Midtown employee or anything but I've noticed they've randomly added some previously out-of-stock HT figures to their inventory recently - I was lucky enough to get a battle-damaged Mark III at retail price with the 20% discount, so just spreading the luck around a bit!)
It would be a decent price on it if not for the fact that they charge almost $32 for shipping. Still not a bad deal but that really kind of kills it a bit.

If you don't mind second hand ones, there is always ebay. I've seen a few sell with free shipping for about $250 lately. Of course you have to be checking ebay almost every day to snag a good deal, but worth the effort.

Wow, I didn't know it was that much - was $21 for a figure I ordered recently and assumed that'd be standard for all 1/6 stuff, but seems like they bump up shipping based on the price of the item, which isn't very cool!

Seems like lately the figure goes from $250 and upwards from what I've seen. I should have snagged him a while back because I regularly saw him for considerably less for a while. I'll probably bite the bullet on it eventually.

Just received my Joker in today and had a quick question.. It seems like my knee/foot joints are really loose, it has a hard time standing up without the base. Is that how most of these are? If not, is there any way to tighten it up?

Granted I'm still new and only have the 2.0 Joker to base my thought off of, which has relatively stiff joints.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

This figure has the worst ankles out of any figure I've ever owned. Others complained of the same thing. I thought I may have heard complaints about the knees before as well.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Lol, thanks guys. It shipped with some thin cardboard in the pant legs, I'll see if that holds it up any better without looking terrible.

Is the problem in the ankle joint or the knee?

If it's in the ankle (the foot peg), then apply a few coats of nail polish to the ball joint and stick it back in the peg.

If it's in the knee joint, then take the pants off and either brush in a bit of nail polish or just a tiny amount of superglue into the back of the knee joint, in between the different layers of plastic. Once brushed in, slowly move the knee joint back and forth a few times, to make sure the polish/superglue gets in there good, and doesn't lump up enough to stick things together permanently. What you want is for there to be enough of the stuff to increase the friction in the joint (so it's not loose), but not too much that it sets the joint in one position. (This may take multiple attempts, as you apply a little bit at a time, so as not to overshoot it on one go).

Loose knees are a problem in many Truetypes, and many seem to get looser over time. The above method is a tried and true practice to maintaining stiffness in Truetype joints, and I've saved many a figure that would otherwise be useless (I've got about 60 Truetype figures currently, all of which are standing on my shelf without stands).

I appreciate the advice everyone.

It's seems like it's a combination of both the ankle and knees. Both ankles suck, but the right knee has no stability so he usually defaults to the weird, just got kicked in the back of the leg pose.

I'll definitely try one of the suggestions in here though. The stands are cool but I want to put them into scenes on each shelf.

Back