Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing those full body rubber suits would be a lot harder for third party companies to replicate, which is why we haven't seen any knockoffs of them. And unfortunately I don't really see HT reissuing those either.
Exactly this. It's my understanding that you need special molds for stuff like that and getting the mold made is pretty expensive which is why we don't see pretty much any of the batman figures being KO'd.

$140 is a crazy good price for the figure I will admit.

I have always wanted a Parade Joker is the full length trench coat but never wanted to cover up the outfit... this would be an opportunity.

I just can't decide if I want TWO Jack Joker's in his standard apparel. I have the DX08 and the black-and-white mime version. Seems like enough variance... a potential Mob Boss gangster Joker in flesh-face would be a unique 3rd.

Whats the concensus on the Mars figure? Is it a buy? I missed out on DX08.
I missed out on the DX08 also and decided to get the Mars Joker.

To me, the Mars knockoff is close enough and I'll gladly pay the lower price despite knowing there are some tradeoffs, particularly with the inferior head sculpt - it's a pretty good recast but the Hot Toys is stilll superior. But from a distance, it's not that noticeable especially at such small scale at 1:6.

If Hot Toys re-issues the DX08 or if a company like Queen/JND decide to tackle this figure, I'll still keep the Mars as a second Joker - and try to find pair it with one of those smeared paint Joker sculpts with the beret (the museum scene).

If you're anal about owning the most realistic Joker, skip the Mars figure.

Given that Comic Sanctorum is also Toys Wonderland and the current rep associated with them, not sure I would trust ordering from them with something like this that has taken so long. Who knows if they’re gonna be able to fullfill current POs let alone if they’re even getting a second batch like OSK is. While I’m not worried about my BD Mk85 since that’s a newish figure, I would be concerned about ordering a 3rd Party figure from them.

I preordered mine with one sixth kit. $32 for the deposit so not bad for a figure I want but don’t need to spend $500+ for. Damn hot toys, look at what your boring releases have made me do.

Just pre-ordered on onesixthkit.
This is THE 1/6 figure I have always regretted missing out.
Thank you Mars Toys and Kit Chen for making my dream finally come true!

The Mars Toys Joker arrived today.

He is very good.

The sculpt isn't pure white as expected, but looks like it's shaded. Not easy to photograph that though. But since it wasn't a glaring white the camera could at least capture the sculpt without it reflecting too much light back. The sculpt retained a lot of skin detail.

The black dots are just bits of foam from the box, which brushed off after the photos. I hadn't moved the eyes before taking the pictures:

100_2215.JPG
100_2217.JPG

100_2216.JPG

100_2228.JPG

And a nice surprise from Kit: a $10 scratch card, which he added to my account within minutes of emailing the photo!

100_2219.JPG

The eyes are fiddly to operate, and I think they may benefit from the grey blocks at the back being aligned with pliers because they aren't going exactly where I want them. They seem to go round in an arc, rather than directly up, down and sideways:

100_2227.JPG

The waistcoat is loose enough as though it was designed to be worn over a fat suit, which is what I'm going to try later using the HT ROTJ Boba Fett torso and leg padding.

The hands aren't sticky as Joao's video described. I was expecting them to feel tacky as on Sideshow's Freddy Krueger.

The Mars Toys Joker arrived today.

He is very good.

The sculpt isn't pure white as expected, but looks like it's shaded. Not easy to photograph that though. But since it wasn't a glaring white the camera could at least capture the sculpt without it reflecting too much light back. The sculpt retained a lot of skin detail.

The black dots are just bits of foam from the box, which brushed off after the photos. I hadn't moved the eyes before taking the pictures:

View attachment 570104View attachment 570105

View attachment 570103

View attachment 570106

And a nice surprise from Kit: a $10 scratch card, which he added to my account within minutes of emailing the photo!

View attachment 570108

The eyes are fiddly to operate, and I think they may benefit from the grey blocks at the back being aligned with pliers because they aren't going exactly where I want them. They seem to go round in an arc, rather than directly up, down and sideways:

View attachment 570110

The waistcoat is loose enough as though it was designed to be worn over a fat suit, which is what I'm going to try later using the HT ROTJ Boba Fett torso and leg padding.

The hands aren't sticky as Joao's video described. I was expecting them to feel tacky as on Sideshow's Freddy Krueger.

Sounds like the HT PERS system, which only moves circular anyway and not up/down/left/right.

Sounds like the HT PERS system, which only moves circular anyway and not up/down/left/right.

It could be.

The white levers are held by grey blocks, and those blocks aren't aligned with each other as they spin round.

It took a lot of trial and error to finally get the eyes lined up.

Looking at the head under a magnifying glass while adjusting the eyes it's amazing how much detail there is in the sculpt and paint.

For the price I was expecting Mars to do the bare minimum and slap white paint onto the head as though they were painting a wall. Yet the actual result is very effective and life like. Photos taken with the flash couldn't capture it.

Back