Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
66fWV6c.jpg

so I finally can try to pose the Joker as seen in the iconic museum scene... I received the custom head, once painted.

Here I leave two quick photos, but I feel this head (and the different tie) was something Hot Toys should have done!!

30948665_1998136307182202_575204903866073088_n(1).jpg

31680511_2133161606914562_9027712357849104384_n(1).jpg

What's the story here, especially with Joker's stylized face? I know MPC actually released the GCPD Car / Joker's Goon Car model kit set.

My understanding is that's the official box art for Round 2's upcoming rerelease of the GCPD/Joker Goon Car with a resin Joker under the MPC brand. What I believe, is that their resin Joker figure, which likely doesn't have Jack Nicholson's likeness due to $$, was not finished so some putz grabbed a pic of the Hot Toys figure, shopped it in badly, and redid the face, because they don't have the rights to Jack's face; they also probably hope that nobody at Hot Toys would notice and that the 40-70 years old male demographic of model car builders that they primarily cater to, won't recognize the Joker on the box.

My understanding is that's the official box art for Round 2's upcoming rerelease of the GCPD/Joker Goon Car with a resin Joker under the MPC brand. What I believe, is that their resin Joker figure, which likely doesn't have Jack Nicholson's likeness due to $$, was not finished so some putz grabbed a pic of the Hot Toys figure, shopped it in badly, and redid the face, because they don't have the rights to Jack's face; they also probably hope that nobody at Hot Toys would notice and that the 40-70 years old male demographic of model car builders that they primarily cater to, won't recognize the Joker on the box.

Thanks, makes sense!

so I finally can try to pose the Joker as seen in the iconic museum scene... I received the custom head, once painted.

Here I leave two quick photos, but I feel this head (and the different tie) was something Hot Toys should have done!!

View attachment 407444

View attachment 407445

wow !!! never seen it before ! very impressive, "i don't know if it's art but i like it!" PLEASE tell us more about that custom sculpt and paint !!!
i love so much that dx08 joker that i already have 3 version of it, but i 'm ready to go for four with this custom sculpt ... very iconic !!!!:clap

Hi! thanks for the nice words. This head, in hand, is really astonishing.

The sculpt was made by caine, you can find him on Instagram: @caine_productions

Paint and retouches to the head were made by @carlos.j.g._art

The beret and the tie were the first thing I got via these forums, years ago.... I cannot tell you were they come from. I believe the user is not active anymore...

All in all, it took me some time, but I found an alternative sculpt that I love for the DX08. I love the three Joker sculpts I got: mime Joker, DX08, and this alternative look for the DX08 standard head.

A more recent pic:

33337107_239698789942123_1376787565285212160_n.jpg

Ok thank you for your infos. Very nice. I agree with you hot toys should have done that version!!! That custom "boo" laugh sculpt is great.

Considering it's the joker and a version that's only been made by HT and Kenner 30 years ago, it's not surprising, imo. It's not like HT or other companies are going to make another Jack Joker, unfortunately.

Yeah I think you are right. We wont be getting another Jack Joker anytime soon, plus the DX08 is such a great piece.

Back