Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Titty Tan Female. :wave

busty-supergirl1.jpg

Just a little piece of info...Jack Nicholson is a marketing titan, who definitely knows how to make money. I think its safe to say that his likeness rights weren't cheap.

OK can we make theories about HT ever increasing pricing and how you feel about it some kind of sticky thread....in every section of the forum. I've just seen a bunch of people coming out with all the same stuff that other people came out with on the previous few pages.

I ordered the set from Alter Ego. I wanted a second Joker when he was first previewed, but at the price, I think one will do.

I love the people that come on here and _____ about people _____ing about the price. I just paid good money for the right to complain. If you don't like it, come back in 7 months cause once the specs are up and everyone says "got it", there's nothing to do BUT have discussion about it. The price discussion is just as valid as suit deterioration, who's got the best price, and what you want next (the car). All of which have been repeated constantly, but no one is attacking the people who keep saying "Can't wait for the Batmobile" or "I hope mime Joker is next".

Guess what? If I drop the coin to go see my sports team play, I have the right to "boo". That doesn't mean I'm a poser, it doesn't mean I wish the ticket prices were the same as 1961, and it doesn't mean I have to "Get out". It means I'm not happy....period. Don't over analyze it. I can buy something without being happy about it. Cars are too much, but I bought one. Food is too much, but I buy it, and these figures are too much. I bought them both because they're outstanding and I'm not happy about the price. If you are a sheep enough to always spend whatever the price is and be happy about it, good for you. You're a sucker, probably a rich sucker, but good for you.

Meanwhile, keep coming on and responding and telling us poor folk, if we don't like it, not to buy it. Or the poor company has to make money too. Or it Jack's fault. Or take an Economics class. Or the price of everything has gone up. Justify it however you need to. Just don't make people feel bad because they have limits for whatever reason and they may be disappointed that this is out of their budget range.

I love the people that come on here and _____ about people _____ing about the price. I just paid good money for the right to complain. If you don't like it, come back in 7 months cause once the specs are up and everyone says "got it", there's nothing to do BUT have discussion about it. The price discussion is just as valid as suit deterioration, who's got the best price, and what you want next (the car). All of which have been repeated constantly, but no one is attacking the people who keep saying "Can't wait for the Batmobile" or "I hope mime Joker is next".

Guess what? If I drop the coin to go see my sports team play, I have the right to "boo". That doesn't mean I'm a poser, it doesn't mean I wish the ticket prices were the same as 1961, and it doesn't mean I have to "Get out". It means I'm not happy....period. Don't over analyze it. I can buy something without being happy about it. Cars are too much, but I bought one. Food is too much, but I buy it, and these figures are too much. I bought them both because they're outstanding and I'm not happy about the price. If you are a sheep enough to always spend whatever the price is and be happy about it, good for you. You're a sucker, probably a rich sucker, but good for you.

Meanwhile, keep coming on and responding and telling us poor folk, if we don't like it, not to buy it. Or the poor company has to make money too. Or it Jack's fault. Or take an Economics class. Or the price of everything has gone up. Justify it however you need to. Just don't make people feel bad because they have limits for whatever reason and they may be disappointed that this is out of their budget range.
I've always wanted to use this:

citizen_cane.gif

Im out guys.....when it comes to paying statue prices for a 12 inch figure then something is def wrong.Oh well it was fun while it lasted! When everybody shells out the money for this then whats to stop them from releasing the next figure at 350?

Im not out but im definitely cutting back on hot toys in general and only getting figs i really want and thankfully this aint 1 of them.

I just thought of an upside to the price.

It'll likely be available to order right up until release, so if peeps are waiting to see what else HT has coming around March they can and can then pick it up if there isn't much else going on for them.

To all of the moaners, and overall whiners, cry me a river. Am I rich? No. Am I _____ing? No. It's pretty simple actually, for one thing, the whining won't do you any good. They aren't going to say "Oh, hurry and take down our products until we can come up with a reasonable price," so what's the point?

Another thing, if all you can do is _____ about the price once you've bought something, especially so much so that it overshadows the actual product, this is most likely an impulse buy, as you obviously don't like it enough to justify spending that kind of money on it.

Also, sure, you paid the price of admission, so you do have the right to "boo," but I paid the price of admission as well, so I'm well within my rights as a consumer to find your "booing" annoying and throw popcorn at your head while telling you to "Shut the____ up."

I also find it ironic that some of you have lists of 10+ figures, and yet you _____ about the price of one, There are trade-off's and if you can't afford it, don't buy it.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Just because you consider it too exensive doesn't mean you are cheap, poor or don't understand consumerism, it simply means you're not happy about it and disagree with it's market value.

This Joker looks INCREDIBLE.

If the end product comes out this good I won't feel bad paying the retail price 1 bit. Whoever doesn't think this piece can't hold it's own on a display shelf is bat ____ crazy.

Honestly, I don't see how any Nicholson Joker after this could look any more like the real thing. Maybe there will be improvements in the clothing or different outfit varieties but from a sculpting perspective this is mind blowing.

Collector's have upwards of 5-7 months to save the additional 40 or 60 dollars this figure's set cost compared to most current HT releases. That's less than a dollar a day in your Joker piggy bank :lol

293364_205446426184022_138228759572456_594660_2248087_n.jpg

304639_205446049517393_138228759572456_594648_689713_n.jpg

296264_205451976183467_138228759572456_594705_7928568_n.jpg

So you're _____ing about the price but you still paid it? :lol

Seriously. That's like going back the same dentist despite him not using Novocaine last time he drilled a tooth. If you have limitations on what you can spend, I suggest readjusting your priorities if you're spending money you don't have to get what is essentially a luxury item. If you're poor, you shouldn't be buying high-end collectibles. Just seems logical.

Throwing a temper tantrum because an object is out of your pricerange is ridiculous as well. That's like going over to the local Exotics dealer and throwing a hissyfit in the lobby because as much as you want one, you'll never be able to buy a Lamborghini. You'd be embarrassed doing that there, in public. Should feel the same way about it here. Just doesn't make sense. :huh

This Joker looks INCREDIBLE.

If the end product comes out this good I won't feel bad paying the retail price 1 bit. Whoever doesn't think this piece can't hold it's own on a display shelf is bat ____ crazy.

Honestly, I don't see how any Nicholson Joker after this could look any more like the real thing. Maybe there will be improvements in the clothing or different outfit varieties but from a sculpting perspective this is mind blowing.

Collector's have upwards of 5-7 months to save the additional 40 or 60 dollars this figure's set cost compared to most current HT releases. That's less than a dollar a day in your Joker piggy bank :lol

293364_205446426184022_138228759572456_594660_2248087_n.jpg

304639_205446049517393_138228759572456_594648_689713_n.jpg

296264_205451976183467_138228759572456_594705_7928568_n.jpg

:exactly::exactly: :exactly:

Even Rachel rushed to order hers:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HzPkJUeJwg&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Rachel!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Back