Hellboy II with Spoilers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, not a fan of this one.

I thought part 1 was ok (nothing great) but this one was just lacking IMO...a little too "out there" as well.

No real tension or drama. I just wanted to fast forward and make it end.

That said, it was better than Indy IV, that is for sure.

So far, Iron Man and Hulk are the winners for me this year.

and if people weren't exactly dying to see Hellboy 2 this weekend,
hallo.gif
I definitely was dying to see it, and I LOVED it. :rock

Saw HBII on Saturday, it ROCKED, 'Nuff Said.

Not gonna say it was better than th first, 'cause I love that one, but I liked this one a lot!!

HB and Abe pounding Tecates and singing ws probably my favorit scene. :lol

I almost forgot, but I absolutely HATED the young Hellboy in the beginning of the movie. I liked the legend of the Golden Army with the wooden figure bit, and seeing John Hurt back was great. But I really could have done without that kid. So, so awkward and cheesy.

I must be the only one that found the drinking scene monumentally unfunny, awkward and uncomfortable. I actually couldn't look at the screen it made me cringe so much.

Maybe I was just in a bad mood, or maybe there were to many disappointments at the beginning with Abe's voice being different, and the whole hellkid scene. Eventually enough was enough and I wasn't even interested in watching the rest of the movie I was so let down.

I loved this movie - I especially liked the story about the whole underworld and the Prince wanting to take back the land because the humans are ruining it. I also could have done without the scenes of the Hellkid - but that was really the only thing that wasn't spectacular for me. I can't wait to see it again......those tooth fairies were so cool. :D And the Prince was just f'n awesome. :rock

I liked the Hellkid scene because of John Hurt, but I didn't like the design of the kid himself or his performance much. But I really liked how it added another dimension to the relationship between Hellboy and Broom. Broom really was his father.

The only truly awkward moment for me was the singing, but it wasn't that bad. It did seem like they tried a little too hard to be funny sometimes.

I thought the movie in general seemed closer in tone to the animated movies than to the first film, as was the story.

I liked the Hellkid scene because of John Hurt, but I didn't like the design of the kid himself or his performance much. But I really liked how it added another dimension to the relationship between Hellboy and Broom. Broom really was his father.

Hellkid didn't bother me, I thought he was kinda funny and they did a good job (IMO) of making him real gawky looking. Also, the kids face looked a lot like Perlman as HB.

Now that I've seen this, I'm still surprised that we're getting a 1:1 Big Baby and 1:1 Angel of Death bust. While the design of both are really cool, their short screen time doesn't warrant a full-size release in my opinion. I'd much rather have a 1:1 Abe Sapien bust.

Hellkid didn't bother me, I thought he was kinda funny and they did a good job (IMO) of making him real gawky looking. Also, the kids face looked a lot like Perlman as HB.

I agree 100%, he had his features for sure.

Now that I've seen this, I'm still surprised that we're getting a 1:1 Big Baby and 1:1 Angel of Death bust. While the design of both are really cool, their short screen time doesn't warrant a full-size release in my opinion. I'd much rather have a 1:1 Abe Sapien bust.

I know. Cool designs, but not in any way integral to the movie. I can think of a lot of things (1/6 scale figures for one) that I might have preferred that they concentrate on.

I liked the sequence a lot, mind you. I just thought that something about his design seemed a tad off. Maybe it was the hair.

I think once you make a lifesize bust of Bossk, all bets are off.:lol

I would prefer 1/6 figures to just about anything that's been offered so far.

I liked the sequence a lot, mind you. I just thought that something about his design seemed a tad off. Maybe it was the hair.

Yeah, the hair was kinda funky... I just attributed it to mid-50's style :lol

And I think the Big Baby and Angel of Death figure, while not something I would drop the cash on, are good in that they are so recognizable in the film.

But for me, I'd love to see a 1:1 tooth fairy! Those were great looking :rock

Yeah, the hair was kinda funky... I just attributed it to mid-50's style :lol

And I think the Big Baby and Angel of Death figure, while not something I would drop the cash on, are good in that they are so recognizable in the film.

But for me, I'd love to see a 1:1 tooth fairy! Those were great looking :rock

I think Gentle Giant displayed a large Totth Fairy, not sure if it was 1:1.

I kind of agree....because SSC was putting out a 1:1 bust of the Angel of Death, I assumed it would have a bigger role in the film. The predictions the Angel made to Liz make me excited for *hopefully* the next one. I woiiuld love a pF of Abe so I can get rid of that huge comiquette I have....I would also rather have a PF of the Prince.....he would look so cool posed next to HB.

Yep, a 1/6 Johann and Nuada would seem to be no-brainers for this license. I guess we'll have to wait until a 1/6 company gets the license...:rolleyes:

Please dear god give me a Prince Nuada PF :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

I've never sympathized with a villain more in any other movie.

We're going to see this again in SD right Jen ;)

Back